Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

30 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, judging how people donate their money is always "right". It's not insolent or odious at all.

I'm sure you've donates millions to only worthwhile causes.

Well done!

Nuance. Try it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/malcolm-gladwell-billionaires-shouldnt-donate-to-large-universities-2016-8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

There's a difference between donating it to the school and the athletic programs however, those aren't overly profitable like the University itself is. Football and men's basketball make the money to fund every other sports team on campuses. Now I'm not sure if the TV money goes to the schools or the conferences/NCAA itself (which is another word for crooked old guys pockets) but most schools are only able to do major renovations or improvements to facilities and staff via booster funding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's a difference between donating it to the school and the athletic programs however, those aren't overly profitable like the University itself is. Football and men's basketball make the money to fund every other sports team on campuses. Now I'm not sure if the TV money goes to the schools or the conferences/NCAA itself (which is another word for crooked old guys pockets) but most schools are only able to do major renovations or improvements to facilities and staff via booster funding.

That could be true, was just pointing out the larger picture of uni donations ;)

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That could be true, was just pointing out the larger picture of uni donations ;)

Yeah... Posting an article from a guy who writes books giving  a hot take on what he deems acceptable/unacceptable for donating to universities is very much the large picture... Yeah.

But hey, keep on judging those people that donate. That is so much better than actually donating.

Now, that's probably not nuanced enough for you, so now you can play the victim card, too!

What a great day for you... :D

13 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yeah... Posting an article from a guy who writes books giving  a hot take on what he deems acceptable/unacceptable for donating to universities is very much the large picture... Yeah.

But hey, keep on judging those people that donate. That is so much better than actually donating.

Now, that's probably not nuanced enough for you, so now you can play the victim card, too!

What a great day for you... :D

Looks like I really offended you. You seem a little too sensitive to expose yourself to other opinions. You have no idea to whom I donate and how much. Nor does that matter. One need not be a billionaire donor to analyze billionaire donations just like people need not be NFL GMs to criticize & discuss front office moves. There's a little more nuance that has seemingly escaped you.

Moreover, Gladwell is hardly alone. Was just the first hit I came across that elucidated my point. Here's a US News article on the same thing: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-02-26/the-problem-with-huge-donations-to-elite-schools

It was a great day for me! Had a nice lunch with fam between some super productive meetings and got some great news from a vendor that qualified all their welds on my flight hardware being delivered later this year. Big sigh of relief. Now I'm drinking a new beer that's pretty solid from a new local brewery that popped up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Looks like I really offended you. You seem a little too sensitive to expose yourself to other opinions. You have no idea to whom I donate and how much. Nor does that matter. One need not be a billionaire donor to analyze billionaire donations just like people need not be NFL GMs to criticize & discuss front office moves. There's a little more nuance that has seemingly escaped you.

I understand. It's OK for you to judge how people donate their money, but it's not OK for someone to question you about it... Got it!

I hope you enjoy your hypocrisy and the victim status you're trying so hard to maintain.

Good night.

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I understand. It's OK for you to judge how people donate their money, but it's not OK for someone to question you about it

It's fine to question my opinions. @Packerraymond presented a nice point. You've brought jackschit to the debate though. Seems to me all you're capable of, actually.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Now I'm drinking a new beer that's pretty solid from a new local brewery that popped up. 

You would be the type who pretends to like the taste of crappy beers from startup breweries even though in reality you know it tastes like crap. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You would be the type who pretends to like the taste of crappy beers from startup breweries even though in reality you know it tastes like crap. 

That startup brewery beer doesn't cost much for the first few years because it's not established. I thought for sure you'd be one to trade the proven great taste of expensive established beers for the cost controlled startup. Think of how many times the cheaper beer could take you to the toilet bowl?!?!

Just now, Packerraymond said:

That startup brewery beer doesn't cost much for the first few years because it's not established. I thought for sure you'd be one to trade the proven great taste of expensive established beers for the cost controlled startup. Think of how many times the cheaper beer could take you to the toilet bowl?!?!

tenor.gif

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Please don't be a lite man. Thatd be a disappointment.

Nope, not a lite man.  Favorite beer is Sam Adams 76 because I'm an American. 

After that, the order probably goes:

Sam Adams Irish Red (have not found this one in forever)
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Landshark

The only Sam Adams beer I haven't liked has been Porch Rocker. 

The only beer I've ever hated and would never drink again has been Heinekin. 
Not a fan of Budweiser, but if it's all that's there, I'll drink it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Everyone has a friend like this don't they?

Just now, Norm said:

Everyone has a friend like this don't they?

I've known three people in my life who "liked" that type of beer.  They'd get all pretentious hipster and order these obscure beers or always want to go to a brewery and I'd be sitting there drinking like six Sam Adams or normal human beers and finishing them down to the last drop and they'd be all like, "Yeah, this one is really good.  Is that a hint of orange?" and they'd drink like two sips because everybody knew it tastes like ****. 

I'm sure there exist people who actually like the taste of these types of beers just like I'm sure there are actual New Orleans Pelicans fans.  Who knows?  Maybe that's Incog. 

• Like 1