Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've known three people in my life who "liked" that type of beer.  They'd get all pretentious hipster and order these obscure beers or always want to go to a brewery and I'd be sitting there drinking like six Sam Adams or normal human beers and finishing them down to the last drop and they'd be all like, "Yeah, this one is really good.  Is that a hint of orange?" and they'd drink like two sips because everybody knew it tastes like ****. 

I'm sure there exist people who actually like the taste of these types of beers just like I'm sure there are actual New Orleans Pelicans fans.  Who knows?  Maybe that's Incog. 

You couldn't even drink Sam Adams at the places I go without 12 people asking you why you aren't drinking XXXXX Lite. It's literally just Busch, Bud, Miller, Coors stuff. I'm not sure I know a single person who even drinks anything else beer wise around here lol

I actually don't mind some of those beers but I have dead *** taste buds so even **** everyone thinks is horrible, even those kind of guys, just seems like another liquid with alcohol in it to me

Edited by Norm

Just now, Norm said:

You couldn't even drink Sam Adams at the places I go without 12 people asking you why you aren't drinking XXXXX Lite. It's literally just Busch, Bud, Miller, Coors stuff. I'm not sure I know a single person who even drinks anything else beer wise around here lol

That’s a Dakota thing I guess.  My dad is the same way.  Told him to drink a Sam 76 and he said it tasted like potpourri.  I saw it coming.  The man puts ice in his light beer.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

That’s a Dakota thing I guess.  My dad is the same way.  Told him to drink a Sam 76 and he said it tasted like potpourri.  I saw it coming.  The man puts ice in his light beer.  

Ice in your beer? I didn't know that was a thing. TIL. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Every summer when I'm in GB I usually have one or two Leinnie's Berry Weiss.  I'm not a big fan of the Summer Shandy, however.

Just now, Pugger said:

Every summer when I'm in GB I usually have one or two Leinnie's Berry Weiss.  I'm not a big fan of the Summer Shandy, however.

That's pretty big here.. The Summer Shandy. The golf course over here was selling the crap out of it a few years back and it just never went away. I don't mind it. But I don't want to have more than a couple and I tend to always have more than a couple once I start lol

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The only time I put ice in a beer is if it isn't already cold.

Yeah I guess I've probably done that. I don't even like my beer super cold but I don't drink most anything cold because I'm strange. But I certainly don't want it warm either.

Okay, it's only 1230 and I have a 4 day weekend and y'all already making me want a drink. I gotta few more hours yet.

Edited by Norm

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

i just squeeze half a lemon into my beer if i want a shandy

Edited by Malfatron

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I guess I've probably done that. I don't even like my beer super cold but I don't drink most anything cold because I'm strange. But I certainly don't want it warm either.

It's all the bar has that's not **** where I'm working this month. 2 tall bois max. Gotta switch to mixed after that if I keep going.

Quoted the wrong one.. lulz shandy talk.

Edited by HighCalebR

I only enjoy drinking beer if its excruciatingly ice cold - which means glass buried in ice for over an hour.

Recently put in the fridge cold - gets the beer tossed out. I dont like the taste enough to drink it cool to luke warm.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've known three people in my life who "liked" that type of beer.  They'd get all pretentious hipster and order these obscure beers or always want to go to a brewery and I'd be sitting there drinking like six Sam Adams or normal human beers and finishing them down to the last drop and they'd be all like, "Yeah, this one is really good.  Is that a hint of orange?" and they'd drink like two sips because everybody knew it tastes like ****. 

I'm sure there exist people who actually like the taste of these types of beers just like I'm sure there are actual New Orleans Pelicans fans.  Who knows?  Maybe that's Incog. 

Are you talking about craft beer? You know 3 people who drink craft beer? I'm in an office right now where I know 3 people who drink craft beer. There are 5 people who work in this office.

I don't care to be pretentious about it because I'll go to a county fair and eat some roasted corn and pound Miller High Life's with the best of them, but craft beer is damn good.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

It's all the bar has that's not **** where I'm working this month. 2 tall bois max. Gotta switch to mixed after that if I keep going.

Quoted the wrong one.. lulz shandy talk.

Yeah for sure. They sell giant taps of SS here for a buck every once in a while and I can take two of those, but there's probably 2 beers in each and that's really pushing it lol

Genuine question. Are all American beers sold very cold ?

The reason I ask is that British beers taste fine at room temperature, so when many years ago I tried a newfangled import, Colt 45, sit for long enough to warm up a bit, I couldn't believe how chemical and disgusting it was.  Bud was the same. I concluded that a major part of the reason they are sold so chilled, was to mask the chemical nastiness.

I do know microbreweries have been popular in the USA for a while, but I have no idea what they are like. What's the verdict on American beers, from you that live there.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you talking about craft beer? You know 3 people who drink craft beer? I'm in an office right now where I know 3 people who drink craft beer. There are 5 people who work in this office.

I don't care to be pretentious about it because I'll go to a county fair and eat some roasted corn and pound Miller High Life's with the best of them, but craft beer is damn good.

I imagine it matters where you're from. It's barely a thing here. Like they exist, but hardly anyone I know likes it, they'll buy some then you always hear someone trying to get rid of half of what they took home lol