Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nobody is going to convince me that beer is ever good room temperature.  I have to microwave my coffee for exactly 1 minute and 41 seconds out of the pot every morning to get the exact right temperature.  I have a beer fridge with only beer in it so that my beer is always the perfect temperature.  I put the exact same ratio of ice and water into my water gallon every day so that it stays the right temperature throughout my work day.  

Temperature is crucial with beverages.  

bxq19.gif

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You live in Denver? You can go to just about any restaurant in Denver and get just about any craft beer on tap. I spent a week there and it was the greatest beer selection in the US. Milwaukee is pretty damn good too. Disagree you have only a select number of joints you can go to, it's harder for me to find a place to eat without minimum 3-4 good tap options than it is to find a place who doesn't serve any.

I don't think it's a niche market anymore either. That's what the big boys want you to think so you'll continue to drink the cheap stuff. I'd argue in populated areas you have a majority of people from all walks of life that drink it now.

I am also a bit of a coffee snob I guess. Well, any pre-ground coffee is god awful anyway. But I also drink my coffee black.

I think there's a segment of the population that equate "beer" and "lager". Lager is the square to the world of wonderful rectangles. Ya'all should get yourself some rhombi once in awhile. Get a lil bent.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You live in Denver? You can go to just about any restaurant in Denver and get just about any craft beer on tap. I spent a week there and it was the greatest beer selection in the US. Milwaukee is pretty damn good too. Disagree you have only a select number of joints you can go to, it's harder for me to find a place to eat without minimum 3-4 good tap options than it is to find a place who doesn't serve any.

I don't think it's a niche market anymore either. That's what the big boys want you to think so you'll continue to drink the cheap stuff. I'd argue in populated areas you have a majority of people from all walks of life that drink it now.

Yeah I've been in Denver for about 8 years now and working in the service industry. The selection here is absolutely vast and you'll get at the very least 3-4 "good tap options" at every place. You'll get A good option everywhere but you absolutely won't get THE option you want. For instance my work bar and my last bar/current hangout bar have 50 beers on tap combined (18 &32 respectively). As of Tuesday night there were three beers you could on tap at both. PBR, Coors Light, and Two Hearted Ale. We literally have a bathtub full of tap handles at my place from beers we no longer carry. You could have literally gone into my last bar everyday for the last year and had a different beer. There's only two beers you could have gone in and had everyday though. I work on a street with ~25 to 30 bars and restaraunts on a 8 block stretch. You literally can not go into any three in a row and order the same beer on tap.

I still think it's a niche market IMO. It's very white, male, late 20's-40s, urban, and have a bit of disposable income. That's a pretty big niche in beer sales but it's still less 25% of total beer sales in America.

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Yeah I've been in Denver for about 8 years now and working in the service industry. The selection here is absolutely vast and you'll get at the very least 3-4 "good tap options" at every place. You'll get A good option everywhere but you absolutely won't get THE option you want. For instance my work bar and my last bar/current hangout bar have 50 beers on tap combined (18 &32 respectively). As of Tuesday night there were three beers you could on tap at both. PBR, Coors Light, and Two Hearted Ale. We literally have a bathtub full of tap handles at my place from beers we no longer carry. You could have literally gone into my last bar everyday for the last year and had a different beer. There's only two beers you could have gone in and had everyday though. I work on a street with ~25 to 30 bars and restaraunts on a 8 block stretch. You literally can not go into any three in a row and order the same beer on tap.

I still think it's a niche market IMO. It's very white, male, late 20's-40s, urban, and have a bit of disposable income. That's a pretty big niche in beer sales but it's still less 25% of total beer sales in America.

why do you assume there's "THE" option? I definitely don't have a single option. I prefer to try a variety (like most people I know who enjoy craft beer).

I've never once walked into a place looking for a specific micro/craft (unless it was the brewery itself).

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nobody is going to convince me that beer is ever good room temperature.  I have to microwave my coffee for exactly 1 minute and 41 seconds out of the pot every morning to get the exact right temperature.  I have a beer fridge with only beer in it so that my beer is always the perfect temperature.  I put the exact same ratio of ice and water into my water gallon every day so that it stays the right temperature throughout my work day.  

Temperature is crucial with beverages.  

Exactly how mad were you when the guy tricked you into sending him your Sonichu medallion? 

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

To this I say, variety is the spice of life. Why get the exact same beer that you kind of like everywhere when you might find one you love even if only for a short amount of time? I guess I've always been kind of a short term relationship kind of guy though.

45 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I've had orgasms! I've had tons of orgasms! I banged your mom, dude!

First off, they don't count when you are alone.

As far as my mom is concerned.....that's a pretty lengthy list and includes a Senator!

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

why do you assume there's "THE" option? I definitely don't have a single option. I prefer to try a variety (like most people I know who enjoy craft beer).

I've never once walked into a place looking for a specific micro/craft (unless it was the brewery itself).

I'll just say this. You're absolutely in the minority. Brand loyalty and recognition is absolutely a thing. It's just the way the vast majority of people work. Advertising wouldn't be the gigantic business it is if it didn't work.  McDonald's isn't the biggest restaraunt because people tried a bunch and decided it was the best. Starbucks isn't the biggest coffee chain because of that. Bud isn't the biggest brewery becuase of that. A vast majority of people consume what they consume because it's the thing they know rather than the best or even what they like the best.

I know just a little about you but I'd guess you and most of the people you know who enjoy craft beers fit squarely in what I described as being the niche market for microbreweries and that industry very much does and very intentionally is marketing and advertising aimed toward that way. They're the hip and sophisticated and too much style and class to drink crappy beer beers. It's 1000% intentional and it works. 

Heck. We're on a Packer board here. I bet the vast majority of people here like the Packers because it was what their family liked or the first team they got excited for or something as arbitrary as the colors not that they watched a bunch of football and made a conscious decision to like the Packers for specific reasons.