Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Last 19 games:

29 TDs

2 INTs

154 straight passes without a pick (might be more cuz of the last game he threw one)

Yeah, I get it, it’s frustrating he isn’t putting up Mahomes-type numbers like he used to, but he doesn’t have to anymore. With our defense, ball management will win us a lot of games. He used to sling it around cuz we gave up 20-24ppg, now we’re giving up 11.6ppg. 

Its going to be okay.

Edited by Siman08/OH

38 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Last 19 games:

29 TDs

2 INTs

154 straight passes without a pick (might be more cuz of the last game he threw one)

Yeah, I get it, it’s frustrating he isn’t putting up Mahomes-type numbers like he used to, but he doesn’t have to anymore. With our defense, ball management will win us a lot of games. He used to sling it around cuz we gave up 20-24ppg, now we’re giving up 11.6ppg. 

Its going to be okay.

And if Tonyan doesn't slow his route down, today's numbers look very different. We're getting there. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i miss godgers 

I don't think we are seeing Godgers again unless Gute sets out to makeover the talent on offense.  TE is a washout .. Receivers are suspect behind Adams.  MVS has some talent.  Not sure what's up with Allison.  several of the other WR's have athletic limitations.  We need a true #2 receiver/and or a great slot option, plus a TE.  Sternberger is interesting.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Only one real bad miss today. There were a few drops that hurt.

It's getting better

I thought he had several bad misses today, in spite of being under less pressure than he was in the first two games. I'm starting to think that Rodgers is a B-level QB instead of an A-level QB. He's missing too many easy throws and not making as many of the tough ones. But he is still plenty good enough to win a championship if he has a good defense. Peyton Manning was absolutely putrid when he won that championship with the Broncos, and Rodgers is way better than that. On the other hand, I think the Aaron Rodgers of 2019 is a couple notches below the Aaron Rodgers of 2009-2014, and maybe that's the new reality. His aversion to turnovers is serving the team very well now that the defense is playing so well. 

I'm thinking this offense is still a work in progress.  It is only week 3.  And we are seeing small improvements each week.  Plus these defenses we have faced are very good.  If AR is still sputtering in October then we will have reason to be concerned.

It finally hit me today and I’ll eventually accept that he isn’t the Rodgers he was 3-4 years ago before the injuries. That Anthony Barr hit started the downhill slide in his play. He’s just not making the same plays he used to. 

Of course, he doesn’t have the same weapons. And it’s a new system. But i don’t think we’ll ever see 4500/45/5 type stat lines out of Rodgers again. 

But, I don’t think the door is closed here on Rodgers at all. I think he can be a very good game managing QB who leads us to a lot of wins and occasionally pulls out some magic. He’s not gonna turn the ball over, that’s for sure.

Edited by Siman08/OH
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I thought he had several bad misses today, in spite of being under less pressure than he was in the first two games. I'm starting to think that Rodgers is a B-level QB instead of an A-level QB. He's missing too many easy throws and not making as many of the tough ones. But he is still plenty good enough to win a championship if he has a good defense. Peyton Manning was absolutely putrid when he won that championship with the Broncos, and Rodgers is way better than that. On the other hand, I think the Aaron Rodgers of 2019 is a couple notches below the Aaron Rodgers of 2009-2014, and maybe that's the new reality. His aversion to turnovers is serving the team very well now that the defense is playing so well. 

Thinking about it, I'd say he missed two throws. The one to Tonyan and the one he sailed over Allison.

It's hard for me to call him a B QB considering the new system, the limited receiving talent and the way he takes care of the ball. Another thing is he's so good at the back shoulder throw and there's no one to throw that to.

A lot of the people saying Rodgers has dipped in his play are the same people who think our WRs and TEs are sufficient. Pretty simple, if Rodgers can't be "I'll carry this team on my back" Godgers anymore, all the more reason to surround him with better talent at the skilled positions. 

Every QB at every level will benefit by having more talent around him at the skilled positions and otherwise.

If we had great skilled position players on offense and a lousy O-Line fans would be calling for better linemen to protect 12.

We’ve spent a lot on that line and our present defense.  The cap only allows for so much.  I’m all for adding someone before the trade deadline if it makes sense, easier said than done.

We have tools enough,  the new system is slowly sinkin in.  Rodgers has to lead, and he has to play better. It all starts with him.

I wouldn’t of game planned for a wide open offense against the Bears and Vikings defenses and Denver is a Vic Fangio defense(in the rain), you have to respect that. The Packers schedule this year is riddled with teams whose top units are their defenses! Work within the system, don’t beat yourselves, let your defense protect the lead. Things can always change but right now the Packers have shown a very conservative offensive playbook, are 3-0 and have been challenged by some of the best defenses in the league. Don’t know why these facts should worry anyone

• Like 1