Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

47 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I've read a lot of nonsense on message boards before but this one.................................... :o

When you say 'top QB'. Are you saying top 5, 10, 15? Curious minds! 

Tell me 10 quarterbacks Rodgers is playing better than right now.

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Kurt Cussans.

Mitch Trubisky.

Matt Ryan.  Mariotta.  Dalton.  Fitzpatrick.  Winston.  Flacco.  Newton.

Top of my head.

I looked it up.  Rodgers is #11 in PFF.  All the others listed are below him.  So is Big Ben.  His replacement.  Josh Allen.  Garapallo.

Point taken, though, that Rodgers is not elite in this NFL right now.

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Points are still more important than time of possession, right?

Why do people use time of possession instead of offensive snaps ?

They both measure the thing that you are trying to measure - whether you can sustain drives and keep your defence off the field. Suppose time of possession could be more important if you are the weaker side and trying to shorten the game to keep it close then nick it at the end but generally offensive snaps is a far more relevant stat.

Of course Denver won on that metric as well ...

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Tell me 10 quarterbacks Rodgers is playing better than right now.

26th ranked offense.  27th in passing yards.  Can't really say he is lighting it on fire right now.  Think the "one of the top QB's in the league " ship has sailed.  Maybe he'll prove me wrong but it's been a few years now since he has played like a "Top" QB.  He needs to play better much better.   He's #22 in passing yards.  #19 in QBR.  Through week 3.  One thing I'll give him credit for  is protecting the ball.  Get's an A for that.  New offense and going against some tough D's to start the season granted.  Still not good enough.  We'll see how he does as the season progresses.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

They both measure the thing that you are trying to measure - whether you can sustain drives and keep your defence off the field. Suppose time of possession could be more important if you are the weaker side and trying to shorten the game to keep it close then nick it at the end but generally offensive snaps is a far more relevant stat.

I've been thinking about that, too.  Snaps is by far the better measure.

14 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:
37 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

I've been thinking about that, too.  Snaps is by far the better measure.

for a hot second i thought you quoted, and agreed with, yourself lol

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

That's always bugged me too. Running teams get an inflated time of possession because the clock keeps running even after failed plays, but it doesn't mean anything unless they have a late lead and are trying to run out the clock. 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Mitch Trubisky.

Matt Ryan.  Mariotta.  Dalton.  Fitzpatrick.  Winston.  Flacco.  Newton.

Top of my head.

I looked it up.  Rodgers is #11 in PFF.  All the others listed are below him.  So is Big Ben.  His replacement.  Josh Allen.  Garapallo.

Point taken, though, that Rodgers is not elite in this NFL right now.

He hasn’t been elite for years. His down fall has already started and it’s going to be quick. They just need to surround him with weapons and a good defense and he can still be successful on the back end of his career. 

17 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

He hasn’t been elite for years. His down fall has already started and it’s going to be quick. They just need to surround him with weapons and a good defense and he can still be successful on the back end of his career. 

how can it have been happening for years but also be quick?

ruh roh, agenda exposed!