Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, YaddaHolla said:

He hasn’t been elite for years. His down fall has already started and it’s going to be quick. They just need to surround him with weapons and a good defense and he can still be successful on the back end of his career. 

Bingo!  Shouldn't every frickin QB in the NFL have weapons around him and a good defense to insure success?  You don't have to be at the end of your career for that to happen.  The past few years we haven't had a lot of weapons and/or a good defense.  Give me a slightly above Rodgers, some weapons around him plus our up and coming defense ... success.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Bingo!  Shouldn't every frickin QB in the NFL have weapons around him and a good defense to insure success?  You don't have to be at the end of your career for that to happen.  The past few years we haven't had a lot of weapons and/or a good defense.  Give me a slightly above Rodgers, some weapons around him plus our up and coming defense ... success.    

Expectations on Rodgers need to be significantly lowered - including those he makes himself.

Its the weakest receiving group he has had during his Packers career.  On the whole, his receivers are not as good as the players that are covering him - someone like Geronimo would have been a WR5 at best earlier in Rodgers career. Combine that with his own physical decline and its going to be difficult for him to put up figures that he did in the past. He needs to accept that and not get frustrated. 

If the defence is as good as we hope then the offence just needs to be OK. Even with a weak group of receivers, Rodgers should be able to get us to that level.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can someone show me this Rodgers physical decline? Guy can still throw the hell out of the ball. There's no decline.

Expectations on Rodgers shouldn't be lowered, and he will start hitting those expectations come mid to late October.

Yeah i don't get all this talk about how he is falling off so fast physically. He has flaws and warts most grown recently but he's still very capable and as he gets better suited with MLF it should only get better. It's funny that i think allot of folks forget how much of a team sport football is. We won our last superbowl with a top 5 defense. Brady has had a top 10 scoring defense darned near every time he wins one. I am so glad Gute invested heavily in the D, that is what is going to get us back to the top. Having a great D is huge.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is that a controversial opinion? TO is arguably (and I would even hazard to guess widely considered) the third greatest WR of all time. TO was a damn monster.

Well if you had to take one on your team to go win you a game you're gonna pick T.O. over Megatron?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is that a controversial opinion? TO is arguably (and I would even hazard to guess widely considered) the third greatest WR of all time. TO was a damn monster.

Yeah for anyone that doesn't remember go watch that superbowl when he played one legged for what 8 catches? Some better QB play and they win that game. I hate the guy but he was good. Will forever hate him for 04.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Well if you had to take one on your team to go win you a game you're gonna pick T.O. over Megatron?

Tough to answer but TO did take his teams to the playoffs in a way....................Megatron what one year in the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

For some awesome reason I only remember the game against the Packers where TO dropped like 99% of the passes thrown to him. Might have been the playoff beatdown

I remember a few others. The memories aren't as pleasant.