Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Lucas Patrick has a friend for life.
Cool story on his relationship with AR and how it's grown over the last 2 years via The Athletic

“I’m proud of Lucas. He had a couple of wayward snaps but for him to step in like that and play well and be effective was great,” Rodgers said. “I was just telling him how proud I am of him. We had a great conversation over the lunch table kind of mid-camp.

“I felt like he was struggling a little bit mentally. Since the end of training camp, he’s gained a lot of confidence in the scheme, where he can step in in a tough environment with a really good front and be effective.”

“Any guy in this locker room, if you feel like 12 has your back, it’s like the whole state has your back,” Patrick said. “Everyone knows he’s special. Everyone knows what he can do on the field. But I don’t think many people truly know what he does off the field to help guys like me.

“I can’t thank him enough what he’s done for my career and just recently, encouraging me and helping me stay on top of everything.”
“This is the player I know. This is the Aaron I know.”

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Lucas Patrick has a friend for life.
Cool story on his relationship with AR and how it's grown over the last 2 years via The Athletic

“I’m proud of Lucas. He had a couple of wayward snaps but for him to step in like that and play well and be effective was great,” Rodgers said. “I was just telling him how proud I am of him. We had a great conversation over the lunch table kind of mid-camp.

“I felt like he was struggling a little bit mentally. Since the end of training camp, he’s gained a lot of confidence in the scheme, where he can step in in a tough environment with a really good front and be effective.”

“Any guy in this locker room, if you feel like 12 has your back, it’s like the whole state has your back,” Patrick said. “Everyone knows he’s special. Everyone knows what he can do on the field. But I don’t think many people truly know what he does off the field to help guys like me.

“I can’t thank him enough what he’s done for my career and just recently, encouraging me and helping me stay on top of everything.”
“This is the player I know. This is the Aaron I know.”

but he's not a leader - greg jennings

or something :)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

but he's not a leader - greg jennings

or something :)

when it comes to greg jennings, can't we just be thankful that we didn't end up with a WR who was great and took it out on the team while he was a member of the team?  If he wants to reconcile his aging and diminishing skills by putting down the QB, go ahead man.  I'm just glad he was such a good player when we needed him to be.  Jordy and James Jones were so obviously not ready at that time.

• Like 2

Here are the money quotes from Aaron Rodgers, talking with Brett Favre on Favre's radio show after the Dalls game: “Days like today, it’s not the greatest statistical game for myself but I feel like I played my best game of the season. The way that I was moving and seeing things. I’ve accomplished a lot statistically in this league. I just want to win now.”

And later: “I said after the game – actually you said this I remember one time years ago – all the stuff that you accomplished statistically, I mean you’ve done it all, and you did it all, and there comes a point where it’s really, it’s about the wins,” Rodgers said to Favre. “And people are going to stay focused on how many touchdowns you threw but the most important thing is championships. And we’re putting ourselves in a position to be competitive in that conversation in a very deep NFC. But wins like a couple days ago go a long way for the confidence of our football team and I feel good about where we’re at.”

The difference between Week One Rodgers to Now is really vast.  His feet are so much better.  His throwing motion is better.  He looks like he's trusting his line and the routes.  It is fun to see.  I don't think he is too far away from being God-gers.

He threw some amazing dimes last night.  And I'm not just talking about the TD to Lazard, which was out of this world.  I'm talking about the Marcedes Lewis plays, quick out to Lazard and the bomb to MVS.  Yah, he's got it going on.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The difference between Week One Rodgers to Now is really vast.  His feet are so much better.  His throwing motion is better.  He looks like he's trusting his line and the routes.  It is fun to see.  I don't think he is too far away from being God-gers.

He threw some amazing dimes last night.  And I'm not just talking about the TD to Lazard, which was out of this world.  I'm talking about the Marcedes Lewis plays, quick out to Lazard and the bomb to MVS.  Yah, he's got it going on.

And the Jones drop. That was just painful to watch, but it was a dime.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

He looks so much better. He's checking down, he's dropping dimes all over the place and he finally regained his deep ball accuracy. He looked excellent last night.

There is nothing I love more than seeing Rodgers accept that nobody is going to get open, that he is not Fran Tarkenton, and take the 3-5 yards instead of the 20-60 yards or sack or throwaway. 

• Like 2

There were quite a lot of posters that thought Rodgers shouldn't play any preseason snaps. I felt I was in a small minority that thought he needed some work then. Looking at how much he has improved, I'm confident enough to push for him getting some snaps in the NEXT preseason. I'm quite aware that he may not get many snaps, but taking a few in a real (though preseason) game helps him, and the receivers, and the o line, to come together.

I did ponder the fact that next year would the crucial 3rd year for MVS and ESB when they should be more polished, and I also considered it being the teams second year with LaFleur rather than the first. Even with that, I think some preseason practice helps.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Rodgers may be a seasoned vet, but some time in the new system is surely useful for him getting comfortable too.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There is nothing I love more than seeing Rodgers accept that nobody is going to get open, that he is not Fran Tarkenton, and take the 3-5 yards instead of the 20-60 yards or sack or throwaway. 

Ya he's immensely better.

Edited by Arthur Penske