Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

How many nice passes thrown by AR were dropped Monday night?

Top of my head I get 4.  All were first downs at least.  And that's just the top of my head.

And look, when you watch Rodgers, his feet can tell you so much.

Go watch the Bears game and see how "happy" those feet are.  He's twisting, moving, jerking around....etc.  He was all over the place with mechanics.  And to be fair, the Bears front 7 was amazing that game.

Every week since then he's gotten a little better.

Then we line up against Detroit.  Rodgers showed trust in his line and protection right away.  Those feet weren't nervous at all.  His mechanics were amazing.  Saying he was just "very good" is kind of an insult.

The first ball to Lazard was also an amazing throw.  And a great move by Lazard to high point that ball.  Defender just made an equally good play by getting his hand in there.  But make no mistake, that was a perfect ball and a great play by Lazard.

The TD was more impressive because of the end result, but both balls were amazing.

And I loved his out to Lazard.  Routine throw.  But it was on a rope and on time.  Like they've done it a million times.

I really can't gush enough about Rodgers this past game.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

You want to point at improvement, look at the early fronts he faced versus now.  Look at how his line has gotten better once they got Jenkins in there.  This isn't just Rodgers getting sharp.  It is about competition and faith in your protection.

No, the improvement isn't just the snaps, I never thought it was the only thing, just a part of it (and in my view, though not yours, quite an important part).

• Like 1

The last month or so has been his best since 2014. Today considering who he had to throw to and his line playing just okay, I’d say this was probably the best game of his entire career. Elite again as a player. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Now that people are fooled into thinking he’s good again, can we trade him for a couple first rounders now and then just roll with Boyle since he can throw to RBs without the ego?

LaFleur seems to have got everyone to buy in.  They seem to be having fun.  I suppose it helps when you're 6 and 1. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What have the last few games taught us? That Rodgers isn't adverse to throwing to RBs, rather, McCarthy simply didn't know you were allowed to do that in the NFL. 🤣😉

Only 6-1 at this point, but with every victory the Mac didn't know narrative gets stronger and stronger.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Only 6-1 at this point, but with every victory the Mac didn't know narrative gets stronger and stronger.

He got one token interview in the off season. Not sure that was in doubt after that. The whole league knew he got lucky one year and turned it into what 12 year run? 

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He got one token interview in the off season. Not sure that was in doubt after that. The whole league knew he got lucky one year and turned it into what 12 year run? 

I dont think so. He was still better than lot of out there. He was a solid coach until that 2014 debacle in Seattle. 

He lost it after that and it’s our mistake to not get rid of him in 2017.