Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, incognito_man said:

DVOA accounts for that. And then adjusts for opponent.

Their schedule has been: Broncos, Chiefs, at Vikings, at Colts, Bears

I suppose if you act like the Colts are a top 5 offense, and the Vikings are a top 8, you can kinda make the schedule argument, but everybody knows those aren't elite offenses and they'll fall off in the wash. 

4 minutes ago, persiandud said:

yea, the Raiders are bad on defense. Rodgers didn't have Davante Adams! 

He also got touched 3 times today, 1 by Crosby out of the pressure package off of a bad throw, 1 by an ILB on a blitz, and 1 by a Safety on a blitz. 

He was as clean as a QB can ever hope to be. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Their schedule has been: Broncos, Chiefs, at Vikings, at Colts, Bears

I suppose if you act like the Colts are a top 5 offense, and the Vikings are a top 8, you can kinda make the schedule argument, but everybody knows those aren't elite offenses and they'll fall off in the wash. 

If you say so. Minnesota is top 5 currently and put a show on today. KC is obviously #1. Indy rounds out a top 10 squad. 

They've had a tough schedule which is why their DVOA is higher (coming in). Not sure what to tell you.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

If you say so. Minnesota is top 5 currently and put a show on today. KC is obviously #1. Indy rounds out a top 10 squad. 

They've had a tough schedule which is why their DVOA is higher (coming in). Not sure what to tell you.

Do you really believe that Minnesota has a top 5 offense in this league with that offensive line? SOS based statistics are shoddy as hell until about week 12. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He also got touched 3 times today, 1 by Crosby out of the pressure package off of a bad throw, 1 by an ILB on a blitz, and 1 by a Safety on a blitz. 

He was as clean as a QB can ever hope to be. 

for sure. he gave the OL due credit in his postgame presser, said it was the best pocket he's had all season 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They were pretty equal so far. Units can change. I suspect our offense will end up better than Minnesota's, but that doesn't mean Minnesota hasn't played like a top 8 unit so far.

I guess I'm just not seeing how this Raiders defense can be perceived as anything other than god awful. Benson Mayowa's (a genuine salt of the earth scrub) best season had as many sacks as the rest of this Raiders group does in their careers combined. 

Hankins hasn't had a sack in a season and a half. Hurst is 285 pounds. Their LBs are a collection of JAGs. Worley and Lawson are both mediocre at best. Joseph, Joyner, and Conley are all legitimate players, but they're not the kind of players that are going to stand out with a punchless pass rush. 

If the Raiders aren't a bottom 5 defense this year, it's only because there's 5 other teams who are trying to be. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you really believe that Minnesota has a top 5 offense in this league with that offensive line? SOS based statistics are shoddy as hell until about week 12. 

Too early to place meaningful numbers on things, but if they keep throwing deep, that's always scary

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So I'm as pumped about this performance as anybody, we saw some fantastic things here, but this was some serious punching down. This is a bottom 5 defense we just played. 

Offense has played great the past 4 weeks.  It’s more impressive that we’ re without Davante.

The offense is in good shape, just enjoy it