Giants to re-sign WR Sterling Shepard (4 year, $41M)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

jesus i hope the browns go 5-11..

Talking bout plans and how bad other orgz are, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

About the subject. Kid is over payed nothing special but a decent slot wrs. But these guys grow on trees now. 

It could be a lot worse than 5-11. They could go 3-13...like the Rams did in the Super Bowl.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Overpayment for now, will be fine in 2 years or so.

He never quite took off despite showing flashes early on. Without OBJ to draw attention, can he thrive?

Hard to say, since they ponied up big for another slot guy in Golden Tate.

Unless the Giants are running like 4 WR sets constantly with Barkley in the backfield and no TEs then I don't know what their trying to do.

10 hours ago, Gmen said:

He's better than Adam Humphries, and got a contract slightly better than Adam Humphries.  I don't see what all this talk about overpaying is.  I'd rather have Shepard at that contract that Golden Tate because he's 4 years younger.  Good blocker for Saquon too.

I see nothing wrong with the contract for Sheppard, it just makes the Tate signing even more questionable.

Giants WR group not only lacks size, but also breakaway speed to stretch the field. Tate and Shepard are quicker than fast and at their best when used in the slot. Evan Engram might solve the size issue, but even as one of the fastest TEs he can't go over the top of the defense. Looks like the Giants will do lots of dink and dunk, obviously lead by Saquon as an elite dual threat. I could see them actually move the chains better than last year, but ultimately I see them failing in the RZ just like last year. If Shurmur wants to replicate the Diggs-Thielen combo, he will be disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Giants WR group not only lacks size, but also breakaway speed to stretch the field. Tate and Shepard are quicker than fast and at their best when used in the slot. Evan Engram might solve the size issue, but even as one of the fastest TEs he can't go over the top of the defense. Looks like the Giants will do lots of dink and dunk, obviously lead by Saquon as an elite dual threat. I could see them actually move the chains better than last year, but ultimately I see them failing in the RZ just like last year. If Shurmur wants to replicate the Diggs-Thielen combo, he will be disappointed.

It’s interesting because Gettleman had Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess in Carolina. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hakeem Butler round out this receiver group if he lasts to pick #37

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I stopped caring what he thought when he referred to Dan Gilbert’s son as Igor and made fun of him because he had a disability. True story.

Meh those were the wolfpit days no softies allowed. and i wasn't the only who was frustrated. Every time the kid showed up the Cleveland Cavs would always win the first pick.

At one point it felt rigged but at least the Cavs missed on every pick sans one. The kids a millionaire and has the best doctors attending to his every need, I think he's doing just fine. 

Again, everyone in that forum hated the cavs at the time for being gifted insanely high pics. 

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It could be a lot worse than 5-11. They could go 3-13...like the Rams did in the Super Bowl.

such and easy cheese and cop out. The Giants have won 2 SBs before the Cleveland Browns have won a single playoff game.

How dare they call another franchise horrible. And cheap Sb joke please do better and be more creative, Any hardcore fan would give up their left nut for there team of choice to win a playoff game 

let alone get in the Sb. Your hate for the rams is just special at this point. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

At one point it felt rigged

At one point? You mean like when the Knicks got Ewing with the frozen envelope in the 80's? How about the year before when hometown hero Olajowon went to Houston (albeit with the 2nd pick)?

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

How dare they call another franchise horrible. And cheap Sb joke please do better and be more creative, Any hardcore fan would give up their left nut for there team of choice to win a playoff game 

let alone get in the Sb. Your hate for the rams is just special at this point. 

Please tell me you sacrificed both of your nuts in exchange for the Rams to reach the Superbowl last year. If not please consider it this year for the sake of humanity.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At one point? You mean like when the Knicks got Ewing with the frozen envelope in the 80's? How about the year before when hometown hero Olajowon went to Houston (albeit with the 2nd pick)?

Yeah that was once.. Clev was gifted like 4 times. and not to mention lebron staying home. It's all im saying, I wasn't the only one. Those are facts. Clev was on a gravy train racking up top 1st picks.