Giants to re-sign WR Sterling Shepard (4 year, $41M)

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, El ramster said:

such and easy cheese and cop out. The Giants have won 2 SBs before the Cleveland Browns have won a single playoff game.

How dare they call another franchise horrible. And cheap Sb joke please do better and be more creative, Any hardcore fan would give up their left nut for there team of choice to win a playoff game 

let alone get in the Sb. Your hate for the rams is just special at this point. 

Oh sorry, I forgot to congratulate you on such an excellent season making the Super Bowl. You're right. Every NFL fan, no matter how hardcore or casual, has those dreams where they make the Super Bowl. I sincerely hope you managed to get some merchandise, like a "2018 Rams: Super Bowl Participants" t-shirt. Maybe a highlight tape, where you can see press conferences before the big game with McVay talking about how much fun it play in the Super Bowl.

Congrats on an excellent season rammy.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

Not seeing an issue with the contract or the Tate signing. They will draft a Outside speed type player and play him opposite  Sheppard, put Tate inside with Engram at TE and Dink and Dunk people to death.

Get the ball out of Eli's hand as quick as possible before he looks like a Deer in Headlights, folding to the ground in fear of being hit. Won't  be many 7 step drops because  that's  typically  what occurs.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

I swear some people just rag on signings just to rag on them. This deal is perfectly, fine. It's what a receiver of Shepard's caliber is worth. He's young and has untapped potential with room to grow. 

This should be about the benchmark floor of what Tyler Boyd will get either this offseason or the next.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is Sterling Shepard even good?

Absolutely. I think he gets unfairly pigeon holed as a slot receiver. He can do it all. He wasn't good after the catch his rookie year, spent the whole offseason working on it, and has been great after the catch and on run plays the past 2 years. He's as tough as they come and an excellent blocker. He makes all the catches. He gets open consistently. What he is lacking in is size and straight line speed, but that's it. I'm excited to see what he can do as the guy now.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not seeing an issue with the contract or the Tate signing. They will draft a Outside speed type player in the play opposite  Sheppard, put Tate inside with Engram at TE and Dink and Dunk.

Get the ball out of Eli's hand as quick as possible before he looks like a Deer in Headlights, folding to the ground in fear of being hit. Won't  be many 7 step drops because  that's  typically  what occurs.

Whole lot of truth in this post xD:/:(

• Like 1

What receiver isnt better in the slot.  Sheppard and Tate can play any receiver spot on the field. They can also run block too unlike other receivers in the league.  The giants are looking alot better this year then last year.  

Oline is better so there won't be dinking and dunking but isnt the NFL that way anyways.   Eli passed for almost 4300 yards 9th in the NFL so not to shabby oh and 21 toss and 11 picks so because he didnt throw the long ball much makes him finished lol. 

1 hour ago, Cuziam71 said:

Oline is better so there won't be dinking and dunking but isnt the NFL that way anyways.   Eli passed for almost 4300 yards 9th in the NFL so not to shabby oh and 21 toss and 11 picks so because he didnt throw the long ball much makes him finished lol. 

Gettleman, is that You?

I mean, he is getting more than most of the other WRs on the FA market this offseason...but he's also better than all but maybe a couple of them.  It's also a deal looking toward next season, where the cap will probably continue to rise and even bigger deals will be signed for equal or lesser players.  It's not like a "good deal" for the Giants necessarily, but it's not really a bad one either.

He is "just a slot receiver" and that kinda limits his upside to a degree, but he's also very good in that role.  One of the best "just a slot receivers" in the business right now imo.  And seems to be the opposite of OBJ in terms of not being any kind of off-field distraction.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:53 PM, MWil23 said:

giphy.gif

Odell who??????giphy.gif

You have to admit, Dave Gettleman has a plan. It’s not necessarily a good one, but he has one.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, El ramster said:

Baker was already better as a rookie than Jared Goff will ever be.  Also, I accept that the Rams have peaked and are due for a precipitous fall.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, Thomas5737 said:

same.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:44 PM, Gmen said:

He's better than Adam Humphries, and got a contract slightly better than Adam Humphries.  I don't see what all this talk about overpaying is.  I'd rather have Shepard at that contract that Golden Tate because he's 4 years younger.  Good blocker for Saquon too.

That's why WRs make all them monies.

• Like 1