2019 NFL Draft talk

RamRod

If he’s there at 31...Going to be hard to pass him up.

Hmmmmm that still feels too high for Risner. I feel like he would be a target after a trade down into the early 2nd. Likely just too much value to be grabbing him at #31.

I keep salivating at these mocks that have Bradbury slipping a bit to #31. He is my ideal pick at this point. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hmmmmm that still feels too high for Risner. I feel like he would be a target after a trade down into the early 2nd. Likely just too much value to be grabbing him at #31.

I keep salivating at these mocks that have Bradbury slipping a bit to #31. He is my ideal pick at this point. 

Both of those linemen will be interesting. I’ve seen each of them mocked as high as the Bengals and falling to the middle of round two. Either would be good and provide some versatility to Kromer group.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Obviously he hasn't done it before, but I wouldn't put it past Risner to be able to play center.  The comp I've had for him for a while is Forrest Lamp.

I don't think #31 is too high for him, per say, but he'd be making a position change no matter where we put him, unless we're looking at kicking Havenstein inside - which I'd massively doubt considering the scratch we just paid out to him.  I feel like Risner is a safe option where Les is covering his bases if he manages to get a tradeback option from #31 but then trades back and the guys he's counting on being there aren't.

I just plain have trouble seeing Bradbury slips past the Ravens and Chiefs.  The former really could do to upgrade their starting center - particularly with the emphasis they want to put on rushing with/through Lamar; the later just lost their starting center to free agency - plus Andy Reid is notorious for taking big hosses in the 1st round.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on John Cominsky too.  He's reminiscent of JFM in terms of small school guy that isn't garnering attention and he's not so coincidentally play the same position (5-Tech).  The knock on him is that he's not the pass-rush threat that folks would like to see given his athletic abilities, but that's because the guy is a QB-convert (yeah... he came to Charleston as a 215-pound QB and he's now a 285-pound DE coming out of a 3-3-5) so his handwork is still underdeveloped.  If he can get on the right side of the learning curve with regard to that, he's got starter potential.

Also, I'll own to being really excited to see we're looking at Anthony Ratliff-Williams.  I've been a fan of his for a while now and he gets slept on way too much.  Another former-QB (I'm sensing a theme here, McBae...), super slippery, super versatile receiver, and a ST standout.  He fits our offensive gameplan in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

John Cominsky really intrigues me, but more of a day 2 guy.

Honestly, I don't have higher than a 4th round grade on him.  So anywhere from the 5th on I consider him a value pick-up.  And he could legitimately fall there because he's the kind of guy that teams may love the athletic profile on but may not know how to use him or how to fit him into their particular scheme.

• Like 1

Based on the visits, it looks like they are looking pretty hard at Safeties for our pick in the 1st.  While I do like several of the safeties, how much will that help us this year?   We are still in win now mode and we surely need to get someone that can contribute a lot this season.  I honestly think it will come down to Winovich (if he's not picked earlier, which I think he really could be) or an offensive lineman. 

I know everyone mocks us DLineman, but, I like the starters: Donald, Brokers, JFM.  Yes we need depth behind them and need to plan for Brokers exit, but again, would that help dramatically this year?  I don't think Tillery will be there, but he's too good to pass up.  Glad to see they met with him.

On a personal note, I'm pretty damn bummed that I'll miss the last day of the draft.  My wife booked our flights to Vegas on that morning, so no real chance I'll get to see much of it.  It will be like my first missed day of the draft ever. At least I can drink my troubles away in Vegas ;)

Edited by Flatlyner

33 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

Based on the visits, it looks like they are looking pretty hard at Safeties for our pick in the 1st.  While I do like several of the safeties, how much will that help us this year?   We are still in win now mode and we surely need to get someone that can contribute a lot this season.  I honestly think it will come down to Winovich (if he's not picked earlier, which I think he really could be) or an offensive lineman. 

I know everyone mocks us DLineman, but, I like the starters: Donald, Brokers, JFM.  Yes we need depth behind them and need to plan for Brokers exit, but again, would that help dramatically this year?  I don't think Tillery will be there, but he's too good to pass up.  Glad to see they met with him.

On a personal note, I'm pretty damn bummed that I'll miss the last day of the draft.  My wife booked our flights to Vegas on that morning, so no real chance I'll get to see much of it.  It will be like my first missed day of the draft ever. At least I can drink my troubles away in Vegas ;)

Only one or two of those safeties can even be thought of as 1st round picks same as the DLine and Edge and OLine guys. It's wide open from the looks of things my friend. I think they're just doing their homework on all possibilities. 

Updated list from Downtown Rams.

Rams Prospect Meetings (what we've been told or what has already been reported):
QB Drew Anderson, Murray State (CGS) - DTR

QB Devlin Hodges, Samford (PRO) - DTR

QB Tyree Jackson, Buffalo (SR) - DTR
QB Marcus McMaryion, Fresno State (EW) - Trevor Sikkema (Draft Network)
QB Gardner Minshew II, Washington State (SR*) - DTR
QB Jordan Ta'amu, Ole Miss (EW) - Trevor Sikkema (Draft Network)

RB Darrell Henderson, Memphis (PRO) - Walter Football

RB Markeith Miller, Mary Hardin-Baylor (WOR) - Ric Serritella (NFL Draft Bible)

RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic (PRI, COM*) - NFL.com

RB Darwin Thompson, Utah State (PRO) - Nick Farabaugh (Downtown Steelers & Steelers Depot)

RB/KR Kerrith Whyte, Florida Atlantic (PRI) - Josh Norris (Rotoworld)

WR Emmanuel Butler, Northern Arizona (COM) - DTR
WR KeeSean Johnson, Fresno State (EW) - Walter Football

WR Anthony Ratliff-Williams, North Carolina (PRO) - DTR
TE C.J. Conrad, Kentucky (EW) - Walter Football
TE Daniel Helm, Duke (EW) - Walter Football
TE Trevon Wesco, West Virginia (SR) - DTR
TE Caleb Wilson, UCLA (SR) - DTR
OT Andre Dillard, Washington State (SR) - DTR

OT Kaleb McGary, Washington (PRI) - Walter Football

OT Joshua Miles, Morgan State (EW*) - DTR 

OT Trey Pipkins, Sioux Falls (PRI) - Walter Football

OT Ryan Pope, San Diego State (EW) - DTR

OT Dalton Risner, Kansas State (SR, WOR*) - DTR & Jordan Schultz 

OT Tyree St.Louis, Miami (ER) - DTR

G George Asefo-Adjei, Kentucky (^) - DTR

G Nate Davis, Charlotte (PRI) - Justin Melo (Draft Wire)
G O'Shea Dugas, Louisiana Tech (EW) - Walter Football

G Ben Powers, Oklahoma (COM) - DTR

G Dwayne Wallace, Kansas (PA) - DTR

C Alex Fontana, Kansas (PA) - DTR

C Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State (PRI) - Simon Clancy (Gridiron Magazine)

C Erik McCoy, Texas A&M (PRI) - Justin Melo (Draft Wire)

C Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama (SR) - DTR
DL John Cominsky, Charleston (PRI, SR) - Mike Garofolo (NFL Network) & DTR

DL Michael Dogbe, Temple (EW) - DTR

DL Kingsley Keke, Texas A&M (SR) - DTR
DL Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois (SR, COM, PRI*) - DTR

DL Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame (COM) - Vincent Bonsignore (The Athletic)

DL Daniel Wise, Kansas (EW) - DTR

DL Renell Wren, Arizona State (SR) - DTR

EDGE Ronheen Bingham, Arkansas State (PRO) - DTR

EDGE L.J. Collier, TCU (PRO) - DTR

EDGE Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech (PRI) - Tom Pelissero (NFL Network)

EDGE Jachai Polite, Florida (COM, PRI*) - Self Instagram Account & Vincent Bonsignore (The Athletic)

EDGE Malik Reed, Nevada (PRO, PRI*) - Zach Hicks (Draft Wire)

EDGE Montez Sweat, Mississippi State (COM)

EDGE Chase Winovich, Michigan (PRO) - Walter Football

LB Curtis Akins, Memphis (PRO) - Walter Football

LB Blake Cashman, Minnesota (COM) - DTR

LB Te'Von Coney, Notre Dame (SR) - DTR

LB Joe Dineen, Kansas (EW) - DTR

LB Emeke Egbule, Houston (COM) - DTR

LB Nate Hall, Northwestern (COM) - DTR
LB Terrill Hanks, New Mexico State (SR) - DTR
LB Justin Hollins, Oregon (EW) - Trevor Sikkema (Draft Network)

LB Kendall Joseph, Clemson (COM) - DTR

LB Vosean Joseph, Florida (PRI) - Self Instagram Account

LB Bobby Okereke, Stanford (SR, COM*) - DTR

LB Ty Summers, TCU (COM) - DTR
LB Sione Takitaki, BYU (EW, PRI*) - Zach Hicks (Draft Wire)

LB Josiah Tauefa, UTSA (PRO) - DTR

LB Jahlani Tavai, Hawaii (PRI) - Josh Norris (Rotoworld)

CB Derrick Baity, Kentucky (EW, COM*) - DTR

CB Stephen Denmark, Valdosta State (^) - DTR
CB Rashad Fenton, South Carolina (EW) - Walter Football
CB Mark Fields, Clemson (SR*) - DTR

CB Montre' Hartage, Northwestern (EW) - DTR

CB Donnie Lewis, Tulane (EW*) - DTR
CB Iman Marshall, USC (SR) - DTR

CB Amani Oruwariye, Penn State (SR, COM*) - DTR

CB Duke Shelley, Kansas State (WOR) - Walter Football
CB Rock Ya-Sin, Temple (SR) - DTR

S Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State (PRI) - Tom Pelissero (NFL Network)
S Nasir Adderley, Delaware (SR) - DTR
S Will Harris, Boston College (SR) - DTR

S Taylor Rapp, Washington (PRI) - Walter Football

S Sheldrick Redwine, Miami (PRI) - Self Instagram Account

S Darnell Savage, Maryland (PRI) - Jeff Zrebiec (The Athletic)

S Juan Thornhill, Virginia (PRI) - Andrew Dicecco (Eagles Wire)

S Evan Worthington, Colorado (PRO) - DTR

Legend:
East-West Shrine Game = (EW)
Senior Bowl = (SR)

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl = (PA)

College Gridiron Showcase = (CGS)
Multiple meetings = (*)
NFL Scouting Combine = (COM)

Pro Day Meeting = (PRO)
Private workout = (WOR)
30 Private visit = (PRI)
Local workout = (LOC)

Other Meeting = (^)

Downtown Rams sourced = - DTR

• Like 1

senior bowl, east shrine, combine meetins are not really important.

local and top 30 visits plus private workouts are important.

snead never picked a guy in the first three rounds without a visit or workout.

so it's just s, ol, dl, edge, rb and off ball lb.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Actually if you've ever listened to Les Snead you'd know how much he values those games. 

Yeah, I'd bet on at least one of our first three picks having played at the Senior Bowl or E-W Shrine Game.

• Like 1