2019 NFL Draft talk

RamRod

Pilfered this from TST but here's a list of the last two years draft picks. Get changing those mock drafts to include mostly seniors and Senior Bowl attendee is a big bonus.

2017 NFL Draft:

Gerald Everett - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Cooper Kupp - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
John Johnson - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Josh Reynolds - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Samson Ebukam - senior
Tanzel Smart - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Sam Rogers - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Ejuan Price - senior

2018 NFL Draft:

Joe Noteboom - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Brian Allen - senior
John Franklin-Myers - senior
Micah Kiser - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
John Kelly - junior
Jamil Demby - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Sebastian Joseph-Day - senior
Trevon Young - senior
Travin Howard - senior
Justin Lawler - senior, visited

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pilfered this from TST but here's a list of the last two years draft picks. Get changing those mock drafts to include mostly seniors and Senior Bowl attendee is a big bonus.

2017 NFL Draft:

Gerald Everett - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Cooper Kupp - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
John Johnson - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Josh Reynolds - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Samson Ebukam - senior
Tanzel Smart - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Sam Rogers - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Ejuan Price - senior

2018 NFL Draft:

Joe Noteboom - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Brian Allen - senior
John Franklin-Myers - senior
Micah Kiser - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
John Kelly - junior
Jamil Demby - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Sebastian Joseph-Day - senior
Trevon Young - senior
Travin Howard - senior
Justin Lawler - senior, visited

I'm sensing a pattern here...can't quite put my finger on it. 

• Like 1

I saw this in the NFL Gen thread and wanted to bring the idea to our forum. Would you trade the #31 pick for Jadaveon Clowney? And do you think the Rams are considering it?

I know we tried trading for him at the deadline and it didn't come to fruition. We then traded for Fowler. Is it still a possibility?

My take: I'd gladly trade#31 for Clowney straight up, but I have no idea how the financials would work or if they're even possible. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I saw this in the NFL Gen thread and wanted to bring the idea to our forum. Would you trade the #31 pick for Jadaveon Clowney? And do you think the Rams are considering it?

I know we tried trading for him at the deadline and it didn't come to fruition. We then traded for Fowler. Is it still a possibility?

My take: I'd gladly trade#31 for Clowney straight up, but I have no idea how the financials would work or if they're even possible. 

I wouldn't. We aren't going to be able to sign Clowney to a long-term deal, presumably so it would be a 1 year rental and then we'd just get a comp pick back. Clowney to me isn't worth that. We can't keep losing draft capital for assets. I've been on board for every trade thus far besides the Cooks trade but was clearly wrong about that as it worked out perfectly for us. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

No and no. For one very simple reason, how the holy hell are we going to pay him and everybody else? If an Edge is that important take one at 31 or trade up for one. Calling this a pipe dream is an insult to pipes and dreams. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

No and no. For one very simple reason, how the holy hell are we going to pay him and everybody else? If an Edge is that important take one at 31 or trade up for one. Calling this a pipe dream is an insult to pipes and dreams. 

The point of posting was just to foster discussion during a dead time lol.

I've made my stance pretty clear that I'm going all in last year and this year before Goff gets paid because after that we will drop off to a WC level team instead of serious contender. Now, if we had Clowney for just 1 year and received a comp pick back (3rd) because we can't pay him, I'm all for it. The caliber of player we will get at #31 would not be on Clowney's level so I'd pull the trigger knowing it would be a 1yr rental, but that's just me. Superbowl winners, or losers, are proven to bring in vets on cheap deals looking for rings. We saw that this year with Clay and Weddle. So we could theoretically restock starting spots with cheap vets after next season as well while we still groom our later draft picks.

32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The point of posting was just to foster discussion during a dead time lol.

I've made my stance pretty clear that I'm going all in last year and this year before Goff gets paid because after that we will drop off to a WC level team instead of serious contender. Now, if we had Clowney for just 1 year and received a comp pick back (3rd) because we can't pay him, I'm all for it. The caliber of player we will get at #31 would not be on Clowney's level so I'd pull the trigger knowing it would be a 1yr rental, but that's just me. Superbowl winners, or losers, are proven to bring in vets on cheap deals looking for rings. We saw that this year with Clay and Weddle. So we could theoretically restock starting spots with cheap vets after next season as well while we still groom our later draft picks.

Sorry reread what I put and that came across a lot more harsh than I intended it to. The common line from people not Rams fans is that we're playing with the salary cap off and we sign whoever we want. They then think yeah they could use an edge and they obviously cheat the salary cap lets mock Clowney to the Rams. In reality there is no human way we can afford him it's just not possible.

Regarding the Clowney trade, I'd be intrigued by it.  We only signed Fowler to a 1 year deal, and we overpaid him.  Could we not use that money next year to resign a far superior player such as Clowney?  If the financials were to work, I'd be all for it.  He's a huge talent.