2019 NFL Draft talk

RamRod

I wanted Greedy but I’m ok with moving back 14 spots to get an extra 3rd: Last time the Rams moved back and passed on a guy I wanted (Lamp or JuJu) we ended up getting Kupp and Johnson so I trust Snead and McVay. Now the Rams have 4 picks tomorrow and in a draft class where a lot of great value is to be had on Day 2 and even 3 I think the Rams did a nice job tonight to position themselves for the rest of the draft. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

Since we have the 13th pick this round, I thought I'd put my top 13 available guys and hope to get one.  These are not in order of preference, the number is just to keep count. Also, I'm a pretty big fan of PFF and what they do, so grades next to prospects :

1 - Jawaan Taylor, T - 80.0 (provided his knee isn't shredded beyond repair) - was top rated tackle before knee issue came up

2 - Greedy Williams, CB - 80.5

3 - Cody Ford, G/T -  76.5

4 - Dalton Risner, T/G - 90.0

5 - Byron Murphy, CB - 92.0

6 - Erik McCoy, C/OG -  72.6   - I'm not terribly impressed by him, but one of the best interior lineman left

7 - Chauncy Garden-Johnson, S - 87.8  - To me, the best safety in the class

8 - Elgton Jenkins, C/OG - 77.6 - Again, I'm not sold on him, but one of best interior lineman left

9 - Rock Ya-Sin, CB - 87.5

10 - Taylor Rapp, S - 90.1 - Close to CGJ as the best safety on my board

11 - Greg Little, T -  75.1 - Needs some work on run blocking, but might be able to bump inside

12 - Juan Thornhill, S - 89.3 

13 -  Julian Love, CB - 90.4

14 -  Nasir Adderley, S - 90.3

15 - Justin Layne, CB - 90.4

16 - Amani Hooker, S -  90.7

17 - Chase Winovich, Edge - 90.2 

18 - Hakeem Butler, WR - 82.0 - Not big on us drafting a WR here, but he's one of my favorites

I'm hoping for one of the following:

Risner

Murphy/Greedy

Winovich

1 hour ago, Flatlyner said:

Since we have the 13th pick this round, I thought I'd put my top 13 available guys and hope to get one.  These are not in order of preference, the number is just to keep count. Also, I'm a pretty big fan of PFF and what they do, so grades next to prospects :

1 - Jawaan Taylor, T - 80.0 (provided his knee isn't shredded beyond repair) - was top rated tackle before knee issue came up

It's not just his knee, it's also a reported back medical red flag (which can be a legitimate career-shortener for men of his size).  I'm expecting him to take a TJ Clemmings-like fall.

2 - Greedy Williams, CB - 80.5

3 - Cody Ford, G/T -  76.5

4 - Dalton Risner, T/G - 90.0

5 - Byron Murphy, CB - 92.0

6 - Erik McCoy, C/OG -  72.6   - I'm not terribly impressed by him, but one of the best interior lineman left

7 - Chauncy Garden-Johnson, S - 87.8  - To me, the best safety in the class

8 - Elgton Jenkins, C/OG - 77.6 - Again, I'm not sold on him, but one of best interior lineman left

9 - Rock Ya-Sin, CB - 87.5

10 - Taylor Rapp, S - 90.1 - Close to CGJ as the best safety on my board

11 - Greg Little, T -  75.1 - Needs some work on run blocking, but might be able to bump inside

I just flat out don't see the "dog" mentality that Kromer has shown to covet in him.  Great athletic gifts, but there are parts of him that remind me of an inverted-G-Rob

12 - Juan Thornhill, S - 89.3 

13 -  Julian Love, CB - 90.4

14 -  Nasir Adderley, S - 90.3

15 - Justin Layne, CB - 90.4

16 - Amani Hooker, S -  90.7

17 - Chase Winovich, Edge - 90.2 

18 - Hakeem Butler, WR - 82.0 - Not big on us drafting a WR here, but he's one of my favorites

I'm hoping for one of the following:

Risner

Murphy/Greedy

Winovich

I feel like we have one pick in us that's for "need" (on the immediate front) and then Les is drafting with more of an eye towards 2020 and forward than to what these guys will contribute in 2019 (and if they get notable contributions out of them that will just be gravy on top).

4 hours ago, RamRod said:

I really hope we don’t use a pick on a RB tonight. I like Brown behind Gurley and there’s still John Kelly.

Same. I'm fine with a day 3 pick here if they don't see anything in Kelly (which I did and do), or even the UDFA route.   Also, if they take one high, I'm VERY worried about Gurley's knee.  If his knee is really that bad, they will take one high.

Edited by Flatlyner