2019 NFL Draft talk

RamRod

17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

First time since like 2003 that I didnt really follow the draft. Just had way to much going on this year.....sounds like fans are happy with the outcome though. Might be way WAY off on this comparison, but this Greg Gaines kid reminds me of Jeff Zgonina from way back. 

It's too long for me to remember Zgonina. The guy who comes to mind for me is former Ravens NT Kelly Gregg. He was their NT for about a decade. Squatty fire hydrant of a man who was very active. That's what I see in Gaines. 

• Like 1

A few days late but I absolutely love that you guys took Dakota. Was our team captain, leader, just a general great guy who deserved to get drafted. His junior season was a lot better than his senior year, it's hard to judge him in our craptastic scheme though. But I do think he can play and will stick around.

If any of you guys haven't yet, you have to watch Last Chance U season 2. Will make you love Dakota that much more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

A few days late but I absolutely love that you guys took Dakota. Was our team captain, leader, just a general great guy who deserved to get drafted. His junior season was a lot better than his senior year, it's hard to judge him in our craptastic scheme though. But I do think he can play and will stick around.

If any of you guys haven't yet, you have to watch Last Chance U season 2. Will make you love Dakota that much more.

I’ve heard and seen good things from him! I’d expect him to get a lot of special teams time, our coaches love linebackers and safeties there. He could also see practice time at edge as Wade gives veterans time off during the week and especially preseason games. He should get the chance to showcase his skills. Thanks for stopping by.

On 29/04/2019 at 12:03 AM, The LBC said:

We don't know how Wade is going to choose to line them up.  There's a decent chance we see Clay playing some snaps on at OLB and some at ILB.  Same goes for Ebukam (we're going to have Okoronkwo and Fox fit and able to play on the edge, in addition to Clay and Fowler; guys like Ebukam and Double-O are likely going to have to put in some of their reps on the interior in order to assure getting a decent amount of reps period).  Dakota Allen is what he is, a 2-down hammer, same as Kiser was, which is the same reason why both fell as much as their did in their respective draft classes (same reason why all those types of player in this class fell: Edwards, Hodge, Coney, Lamar).  Doesn't mean they can't play, just means teams are valuing fairly-clear 2-down players like them less and less.

A year ago, if I recall, people were bemoaning putting so much faith in LIttleton coming good and pinning our hopes on him and Barron, with only really Kiser and Ramik Wilson behind them.  Wade found a way.

Find a way of what ? 

First we were lucky one of them wasn't injured too severely during the season and post season. 

And second, our run defense were atrocious with this group of LB.  I had no issue with Littleton last year, it was more Barron that i wanted to get him out. 

Matthews can play ILB but he's declining and i don't think his best asset is stopping the run...

So yes i'm very disapointed by the outcome of FA and draft at this position. 

11 hours ago, Flounch said:

Find a way of what ? 

First we were lucky one of them wasn't injured too severely during the season and post season. 

And second, our run defense were atrocious with this group of LB.  I had no issue with Littleton last year, it was more Barron that i wanted to get him out. 

Matthews can play ILB but he's declining and i don't think his best asset is stopping the run...

So yes i'm very disapointed by the outcome of FA and draft at this position. 

chill.. our problems were Suh-Donald-Brockers(trash arse kept getting moved).. Would all rush upwards instead of playing their gaps. 

S Taylor Rapp: 24
RB Darrell Henderson: 27
CB David Long: 41
OL Bobby Evans: 71
DT Greg Gaines: 91
OL David Edwards: 73
S Nick Scott: 46
LB Dakota Allen: 51

Here's the rest. Long will probably change. and Scott too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RamRod said:

He was 8 in college so maybe 28? but is that retired for Marshall Faulk?

Oh yeah I knew that wasn't going to happen lol I'd love to see him take 38. The comparison by Snead is Alvin Kamara so maybe in the 40's? Either way doesn't matter. Score TD's and catch screens and idc what number you are.

• Like 1