2019 NFL Draft talk

RamRod

1 minute ago, Flatlyner said:

Regarding the Clowney trade, I'd be intrigued by it.  We only signed Fowler to a 1 year deal, and we overpaid him.  Could we not use that money next year to resign a far superior player such as Clowney?  If the financials were to work, I'd be all for it.  He's a huge talent.

You've gotta factor in Goff's new contract that were about to hand out

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

And his 5th-year-option next year which, in itself, isn't going to be cheap.

Yep, Im just counting that as part of his extension at this point. Unless we make it back to the Super Bowl, and win it, AND Goff shows out, I dont think he will get a record breaking deal. But it will for sure be very expensive.

1 hour ago, Boboso20 said:

I have a pretty strong feeling it will be our 3rd year in a row without making a 1st round pick. I’m not watching the 1st round tomorrow so it’s wishful thinking. 

At least we have a 1st round pick going into draft day. They might very well trade the pick but at least we know they have one heading into tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

At least we have a 1st round pick going into draft day. They might very well trade the pick but at least we know they have one heading into tomorrow. 

Yeah at least there’s some suspense as to what we’ll do. We haven’t had that since before we traded up for Goff.

7 hours ago, Boboso20 said:

I have a pretty strong feeling it will be our 3rd year in a row without making a 1st round pick. I’m not watching the 1st round tomorrow so it’s wishful thinking. 

I could see it. I think that there are going to be a couple of teams that are looking at wide receiver at the top of the second, and I can see several of them wanting to jump back into the first to make sure that they get their guy. My niners could certainly be one of those teams. Plus, having that fifth year option is always nice. 

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im just not sure there will be anyone available that teams deem they NEED to trade up to 31 for. That move is usually to ensure you get the 5th year option (mostly for a QB). Im sure people would move up, but Im not sure they will be offering much to do so

I could see it for Will Grier and obviously if Lock or Jones drop. If they offer a 2nd and a 4th (early 2nd) I'd be down. Get more shots at guys.

Edited by LARams91