Browns trade Cam Erving to Chiefs

Forge

On Erving - He's been awful. If he had been cut, I wouldn't have said anything bad about somebody picking him up and seeing if they could rejuvenate him. But trading a 5th for him is nuts, that's not a nothing pick.

On the Browns' pick trove - I think we see one of the 2nd-4ths used between now and the draft to get a vet player who is disgruntled or who's team doesn't want to pay him (like Collins). I think another 1-2 are used to trade up at some point, and I think 1-2 more are sent back out for higher picks in 2019. I think we are legitimately trying to create a situation where we can fuel the start of a competitive window by pumping in a bunch of young talent, but can then extend that window by having multiple early picks every year with which to restock when guys get too expensive to keep. 

12 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

O.o Amazing. If they draft well (Big IF) they should be ready to compete for the division in the near future, especially after Big Ben retires.

I wouldn't be so sure that it's a "big if" anymore... I know guys like Joe Schobert, Shon Coleman, Matt Dayes, etc aren't common household names right now, but there's a lot of excitement in Cleveland over what we've seen from the rookies and 2nd year guys thus far- and it looks like Sashi Brown is priming for '18 to be his  masterpiece. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif?w=1000

I wanted to "Like" this so badly, but that just didn't seem appropriate given what actually transpired. If you could pick one play to sum up someone's career, it would be this...if it were a series of plays, I pick the 2 penalties in a 3 play period in preseason game 1. Oh, and on one of them, the hold, he still missed on the block so badly it was still a 5 yard loss and they declined the penalty. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I wanted to "Like" this so badly, but that just didn't seem appropriate given what actually transpired. If you could pick one play to sum up someone's career, it would be this...if it were a series of plays, I pick the 2 penalties in a 3 play period in preseason game 1. Oh, and on one of them, the hold, he still missed on the block so badly it was still a 5 yard loss and they declined the penalty. 

Lol I forgot about that...

He was comically bad bless his heart.

Archived