Browns trade Cam Erving to Chiefs

Forge

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:
9 minutes ago, Crickett said:

To be fair, he's failed at both tackle positions.

Clemmings was given his shot at RG this preseason...and got passed up on the depth chart by their 5th rd pick even before the 1st preseason game.  

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

*shrug*

Their Brock deal was a fleecing IMO and I'm pretty sure a bunch of people were still reluctant to say it was a good trade because of the Browns' draft history. 

giphy.gif

you do know that we would have been ecstatic just straight up cutting him right? Like if we got nothing we're absolutely stoked with that

Is it just me or do the Browns amass a ton of picks every year just to draft busts they eventually cut/trade away like four-five years later, just to rinse and repeat the cycle?

Not trying to be a troll here but since I've been paying attention to football this has been the state of the Browns.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Is it just me or do the Browns amass a ton of picks every year just to draft busts they eventually cut/trade away like four-five years later, just to rinse and repeat the cycle?

Not trying to be a troll here but since I've been paying attention to football this has been the state of the Browns.

No we have not amassed picks like this new FO has

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah, past regimes.

Why are you lumping this regime in with them?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, past regimes.

Why are you lumping this regime in with them?

I mean, it's been a lot of regimes now in Cleveland. I understand being optimistic but there really isn't a ton of reasons to think this one will be different. I hope it is though - I'd like to see the Browns succeed.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, it's been a lot of regimes now in Cleveland. I understand being optimistic but there really isn't a ton of reasons to think this one will be different. I hope it is though - I'd like to see the Browns succeed.

we'll see how it plays out, but at least this time they look ATHLETIC

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Paul DePodesta is my main reason, Sashi as well, these are analytics driven guys and I completely agree with their vision this far.

I also think Hue is a really solid HC, much more so than guys here previously.

DePodesta helped change the way baseball operates, he may well do the same for football.

Not a fan of this one. I'm fine with the acquisition, actually. I liked him in the draft and a change of scenery can sometimes help, but we don't need OL depth, let alone an OL depth project, bad enough to give up this pick. Ragland made sense due to the position and pick value. This one doesn't.

Archived