Packers Sign Ahmad Brooks - 1 yr $3.5 million

incognito_man

Should be a solid signing for you guys as a stopgap. He's got a little something still left int he tank, just didn't have a future with the 49ers. GIven that deal, I'm a little surprised that the 49ers weren't able to deal him, to be perfectly honest. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I think he worded it badly. Think it was sarcasm about GB signing multiple free agents this offseason which is uncharacteristic of them

Id think the same if he didn't say another "coming". Might just mean coming to GB, which is what I'll assume, but now pretty intrigued. 

FYI, Brooks has a court date set for September 29th regarding the sexual battery case from 2014

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article169358457.html

In addition, Brooks still is facing sexual battery charges stemming from a 2014 incident at former 49ers teammate Ray McDonald’s home. According to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office, a pretrial motion is scheduled for Sept. 29 at which point a trial date will be set.

Just now, packfanfb said:

That was an odd sequence of events, happened like 15 minutes after our dreams were crushed by Demovsky saying he left town. 

same thing happened with another FA we just signed, forget who - but was like an hour or so after a tweet he left town it broke that we signed him.

patience.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

perhaps he meant "Another(!) GB free agent signing coming [to Green Bay]"

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Id think the same if he didn't say another "coming". Might just mean coming to GB, which is what I'll assume, but now pretty intrigued. 

Looks like he just clarified things

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

That was an odd sequence of events, happened like 15 minutes after our dreams were crushed by Demovsky saying he left town. 

That's pretty much the standard Thompson/Ball way of doing business.  The Packers set a number, if the player doesn't take it immediately you tell them "okay, if you don't find what you're looking for anywhere else, that number is still there."

Archived