***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

On 11/4/2019 at 6:22 PM, thrILL! said:

It’s very limiting to only have Yoda and Obi Wan as force ghosts.  You would have at least thought we’d see Qui Gon the way Yoda was talking at the end of ROTS.  I want to see Anakin as a force ghost more than anything else in this movie to talk some sense into his grandson who idolizes him.  

They've essentially said QuiGon was a force ghost, as Yoda communed with him and said that ObiWan needed to do the same.  We also saw Anakin as a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi.  

So far, the only force ghosts in the new canon are light side Jedi, but in Legends, Sith force ghosts existed as well, sometimes being tied to artifacts.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They've essentially said QuiGon was a force ghost, as Yoda communed with him and said that ObiWan needed to do the same.  We also saw Anakin as a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi.  

So far, the only force ghosts in the new canon are light side Jedi, but in Legends, Sith force ghosts existed as well, sometimes being tied to artifacts.  

Yep I mentioned Yoda telling Kenobi about it and I meant I want to see Anakin interact as one, not just stand there with a smile on his face.  Either use them with consistency or don't use them at all.

Edited by thrILL!

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What crap?

There are/were tons of rumors and supposed inside leaks about ideas being tossed around.    

Hard to know which ones were real, but given Kathleen Kennedy's involvement, I wouldnt been shocked if any of the terrible ideas were real.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy.

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/472176-kathleen-kennedy-claims-star-wars-films-have-no-source-material

Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack,” said Kennedy. “There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. we don’t have 800-page novels, we don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be. We go through a really normal development process that everybody else does.”

Edited by Bullet Club

33 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Oh boy.

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/472176-kathleen-kennedy-claims-star-wars-films-have-no-source-material

Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack,” said Kennedy. “There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. we don’t have 800-page novels, we don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be. We go through a really normal development process that everybody else does.”

Um, why is this a thing? We already knew they were making original content. Why would these comments surprise anyone?

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Um, why is this a thing? We already knew they were making original content. Why would these comments surprise anyone?

Because it sounds like they have no real idea of where it is going as a franchise and are making it up as they go along.  Some people can do that and do it well.  But it makes it a lot tougher to present a coherent storyline in a franchise of movies that is expected to span long into the future.  The reason the MCU has been so successful is Kevin Feige and his overarching master plan that can tie 23 movies together into one connected universe.  It's why i'm excited for the post Infinity phase of the MCU, because i'm sure there is a plan.

• Like 2