***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Well, Darth Maul got cut in half AND fell down a giant shaft, and they still found a way to bring him back...

Both touche and exactly!  Can bring Sideous back easy enough if they want too.  Hitting that nostalgia seems like an Abrams move though.  Far fewer are attached to Snoke.

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I'm just interested to see how this plays out.  I'm going to be seriously disappointed if JJ retcons Rey into a Skywalker.  So is this the rise of Ben?  Is it Luke's influence as a force ghost?  Can't wait to see.

I'm hoping it's like a reference to the new order of Jedi. Like, The Rise of Skywalker['s Army]

or something lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's interesting they went with this title considering how Kennedy and others have been quoted multiple times that this is the last movie of the Skywalker saga.

Which means next movie picks up probably many centuries after the Skywalkers have been erased from existence.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm kinda bummed about Palpatine being brought back, honestly, but it'll be interesting to see how they use him.

I don’t think he’s in it. I just think his laugh was to show the balance of Luke speaking earlier in the trailer.  The light and the dark. 

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Which means next movie picks up probably many centuries after the Skywalkers have been erased from existence.

I'm hoping that entire "end of the saga" is crap and at the end of this movie we see Abeloth that spawns 3 new movies to try and get it right this time. 

• Like 1