Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Jets sign RB Ty Montgomery (One year deal)

Will he finally get a HB number?

He's like a much worse version of Le'Veon Bell, so if Bell gets hurt, they can use Montgomery in the same role and expect much worse results!

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's like a much worse version of Le'Veon Bell, so if Bell gets hurt, they can use Montgomery in the same role and expect much worse results!

Odds are if Bell gets hurt, Ty is already hurt

Associated Press reports that Montgomery sprained his MCL and dislocated his shoulder signing the contract. Packer fans interviewed replied "and the sun sets in the west."

I was wondering who Todd Bowles was going to get to steal carries away from Bell and piss off fantasy owners. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I was wondering who Todd Bowles was going to get to steal carries away from Bell and piss off fantasy owners. 

Todd Bowles?

tenor.gif?itemid=13274351

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Expected to be the backup? Surely Ty expected to be the starter when he signed

17 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Finally some good insurance for when the whole Le'Veon thing blows up.

Oh he'll blow up alright when he's showing the league again why he is the best RB in the NFL.

Montgomery is a nice weapon that can be used all over the field.  Can't ever have enough of those.

Ty Montgomery has only been stuffed (2 yards or less and no first down) on 35.9% of his career carries, a very good number. For comparison, it's equal to the league-best number that Le'Veon Bell owns in his career.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Oh he'll blow up alright when he's showing the league again why he is the best RB in the NFL.

My post was sarcastic as I would bet Montgomery to not even make it out of camp before I believe him to be a quality backup. But lets also stop right there as Bell has never been the best back in the league ;)

I always felt like Mike McDoofus never used this guy right, and ofc we couldn't keep him after his kickoff fumble insubordination last year.

It'll be interesting to see if/how an actually competent offensive mind makes use of him.