Kiwibrown

What is your worst Browns take since the return.

This is a pretty fresh one, but with the direction the team is heading it's pretty undeniable: mine is preferring Darnold over Baker. 

Past - I thought Courtney Brown was going to be an absolute beast at defensive end. I thought he was going to be a perennial 12-15 sack a year player. :(

Recent - Hugh Jackson being a great hire as HC. You can't be more wrong then that when it comes to coaches. :S

Peace!!!

I was convinced Holmgren and Heckert were the front office combo that would turn the franchise around

Going present tense back:

Darnold over Baker

Liking the TRich pick

Loving Derek Anderson

...and honestly, I've been pretty spot on most of the time elsewhere and said how much I disagreed with about every other draft pick, HC, etc. that we've done.

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Loving Derek Anderson.

Thread is reserved for bad takes. 

Being a former RB, I loved Richardson. Thought he was an all pro.

Also briefly put faith in Cody Kessler as a starter.

Let's see...

Brian Robiskie - thought he was gonna be really good. The sad part about it is it took me awhile to realize he just wasn't good. You know you're way off when you start blaming other aspects because you believe so much in an individual.

Peyton Hillis - Thought he was gonna do it for multiple years

Gary Baxter - I was hyped. But the injury curse struck (my goodness we've endured so much awful luck)

There's many, many others... including being all in on the Brady Quinn train. I was at work during the 2007 draft and when we took Quinn I couldn't contain myself. I was ALL IN on Quinn. Man did he suck.

Ever been caught on someone because of their name? I wasn't a huge fan of Syndric Steptoe but I had high hopes of his ability to return punts because... his name is Steptoe! Lol, dark times man.

But it's all good now. Because I have never, ever, ever been into a player as much as I am into Baker. I watched hours of film (not highlights) of all top 5 QBs - Baker, Allen, Rosen, Darnold, Jackson back in January 2018. And I was BLOWN AWAY by what I saw in Baker. I wanted him above all the other QBs and I wanted him #1 overall. I went on a crusade for Baker to my friends and family, and posted my desire to take Baker on other message boards.

And I was right! :D

My biggest miss was Hue.  He was the coach I wanted, and we got him.

And he sucked.  He sucked worse than I ever could have imagined.

Image result for hue jackson gif

27 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Ever been caught on someone because of their name?

Meet the President of the Ben "THE LEGEND" Gay fan club.

I also liked Milton Bradley and Coco Krisp when they played for the Tribe.

32 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

My biggest miss was Hue.  He was the coach I wanted, and we got him.

And he sucked.  He sucked worse than I ever could have imagined.

Image result for hue jackson gif

Hue still doesnt imagine how bad he was. 

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

That hue Jackson was gonna be a good coach for us

This is not supposed to be admitted even in this thread.

I thought both Wentz and Watson would be huge busts and was glad the Browns passed on them. What that being said tho I think we’re better off with Baker + plus all the extra picks were got from those trades

Running backs have been the worst for me......Backs who I thought were going to be 1500 backs for us

T-Rich

Monterio Hardesty

James Davis (great Preseason run vs Detroit)

Benjamin Gay

Demetrius Summers

Isiah Corwell (he wasnt horrible)

and my #1 miss of all time......you couldnt tell me Lee Suggs wasnt going to be the new David Johnson...

Oh also loving the WR's Jordan Payton and Charlie Johnson (who just led the AAF in receiving yards)

33 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

and my #1 miss of all time......you couldnt tell me Lee Suggs wasnt going to be the new David Johnson...

When we drafted Suggs I told everyone that we just drafted the new David Johnson and they looked at me like I was an idiot.

I was all in on Suggs also though, I think he could have been great if it wasn't for all of the injuries. He started 3 NFL games and had 1050+ yards so that equals out to 350+ yards per start.

For me its not necessarily about the guys I did like and we picked, but the guys I LOVED and we never got.

2007 - This was the first time we actually took someone I wanted us to.  I was never so happy as the day we drafted Joe Thomas.  I was pissed when we traded away our first the following year for Quinn though (I liked Charley Frye)

2008 - I think the player I really wanted us to trade up for was Richard Mendenhall.  Greater minds prevailed...

2009 - I REALLY wanted Aaron Curry.  Boy am I glad he went before we picked...

2010 - Ndomujong Suh and Eric Berry were my two hopes.  When they both went I wanted Earl Thomas.  No complains about Joe though

2011 - I was super wrong here.  I wanted AJ Green or Patrick Peterson.  I did not think Julio Jones was gonna be an NFL receiver because of his hands.  I was VERY against him...oops...

2012 - This was the second time we drafted who I wanted, I REALLY wanted Trent Richardson and I was super excited about that draft.  I thought he did everything well, blocked, caught passes, and ran well.  I quickly became pissed when we drafted Weeden because I thought McCoy deserved more of a chance, I thought we should have drafted David Decastro there...

2013 - I wanted Dion Jordan (sucked) or Chance Warmack (below average)  Good news this draft sucked and anything we took was bound for failure...

2014 - I thought we should take Teddy Bridgewater at 5.  We needed a QB and he was the best one.  I wanted a CB at 26 (Dennard) and a WR in the second (Lee).  I was SOOOO mad when Teddy Bridgewater was there at 22 and we traded up for Johnny Fing Manziel

2015 - This was the 3rd time we drafted who I wanted to.  I was REALLY happy we got Danny Shelton, I thought he was exactly what we needed as a NT in the 3-4.  I didn't even know who Erving was at 19 however.  I wanted us to take Shane Ray.  Thought he was the perfect 3-4 OLB.

2016 - I SOOOO wanted Jarad Goff.  I didn't want Carson Wentz at all.  I was so pissed when LA traded up with Tennessee to get Goff.  I was thrilled when we traded down because it meant we weren't getting Wentz.  i thought we should have taken Joe Thomas' replacement in Laramy Tunstill at 8 and use our second rounder to take Michael Thomas.  Once we traded down to 15 however I wanted Josh Doctson.  Clearly I was a lot of wrong in this draft....

2017 - This is the most recent time I got who I wanted.  Myles Garrett  was my dream scenario.   I was hoping there was a chance we would trade up for Jamal Adams but the 3 I had hopes for at 12 were Malik Hooker, OJ Howard or Jonathan Allen.  They were ALL there and I was THRILLED for Hooker.  I wasn't upset trading down getting a future first however, as I was hoping for Budda Baker or TreDavious White.  I liked the Peppers pick, and didn't love the blocking of Njoku.

2018 - I think I as most people, were 100% in on the Sam Darnold & Bradley Chubb bandwagon.  I thought Baker would be successful wherever he went but I thought Darnold was the better prospect in the end.  I was just happy we weren't dumb enough to take Josh Allen.  I'm not sure I would have sustained that as a browns fan....

Wait you didn't ask for my pick by pick comentary since 2007?

oh.....

well then....

I was most Loud Wrong with Trent Richardson.  How in gods name did I think he would be the best back in the NFL....