Fox's back at trying or maybe not mock draft...

Fox_NFLs_GG

12 - Traded to the Patriots for 32 and a 3rd round pick, and next years first rounder. Patriots pick Fant.

30: Hockenson TE Iowa

32: Adderly S Delaware

44: Burns OLB Florida State

75: Edwards OT Wisconsin

97: Buggs DT Alabama

114: Williams CB Vanderbelt

118: Omenihu DE Texas

150: Ingold FB Wisonsin

185: Williams WR Colorado Sate

194: Ward OLB Old Dominion

226: Williams RB Texas A&M

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I really don't want to be rude, but what the hell is this? We trade 12, our highest pick in how long, for 32nd overall, a late 3rd, and a almost guaranteed late pick next year in the first? 

Yep trade it for a late first rounders, a 3 rd, and next years first rounder. Patriots are hot for a replacement TE. I just did it for whatever since last year something like that happened. Yeah I would like to stay at 12 but... whatever...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bold to predict Burns is getting pinched with a big bag of cocaine.

I mean..  why do you think he ran so fast at the NFL Combine? 

Guy must've been hyped up on something. 

I heard from a reliable source that Burns usually looks small, slow and weak. He also definitely can't drop into coverage. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I really don't want to be rude, but what the hell is this? We trade 12, our highest pick in how long, for 32nd overall, a late 3rd, and a almost guaranteed late pick next year in the first? 

I’m cool with adding a first next year.  We won’t have money to resign all our guys next offseason let alone add more FA’s, so kind of makes sense to get that extra pick for next year instead. 

I just wouldn’t hate it.  I’d perhaps want a hair more from NE, for like you said, likely to be 25+ as its floor.

It's an excellent trade as I think Hockenson could be the pick at 12. Doubtful that Hock lasts that wrong as I think he goes before fant.

As far as Burns ar 44, last year many wanted Landry at our first pick and he nearly made it to our 2nd. Burns is a better prospect than Landry, but not as good as many posters think. I think he goes to Seattle at 20 which is a bit of a reach.

10 hours ago, Cadmus said:

I mean..  why do you think he ran so fast at the NFL Combine? 

Guy must've been hyped up on something. 

I heard from a reliable source that Burns usually looks small, slow and weak. He also definitely can't drop into coverage. 

I heard he only measured at 6'5 because he has a stack of Jamaal Reynolds football cards in his shoes.  He is really 5'8.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:
13 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I’m cool with adding a first next year.  We won’t have money to resign all our guys next offseason let alone add more FA’s, so kind of makes sense to get that extra pick for next year instead. 

I just wouldn’t hate it.  I’d perhaps want a hair more from NE, for like you said, likely to be 25+ as its floor.

Value wise, the trade can make sense. However we have not been within range of a blue chip prospect for some time, so effectively trading back to 32 would not be cool with me. 

I don't want to hear that Kenny Clark was a blue chip prospect, as is the usual argument

15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Value wise, the trade can make sense. However we have not been within range of a blue chip prospect for some time, so effectively trading back to 32 would not be cool with me.

I agree. In a conceptual sense, blood was let to gain this ground.....lets not give it up.

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't want to hear that Kenny Clark was a blue chip prospect, as is the usual argument

What about Davante or Bak or potentially Aaron Jones?

if we do trade back, especially that far, I’d want to trade up in the 2nd and 3rd really targeting guys we want.  If we don’t think there is a real special talent available at 12 at an impact position, I’m all for just getting 4-5 guys we really like late 1 and day 2.

4 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:
23 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

What about Davante or Bak or potentially Aaron Jones?

if we do trade back, especially that far, I’d want to trade up in the 2nd and 3rd really targeting guys we want.  If we don’t think there is a real special talent available at 12 at an impact position, I’m all for just getting 4-5 guys we really like late 1 and day 2.

I mean again, this is not a valid argument to me. In this case you would trade down every year like the Seahawks do, and have numerous mid rounders and hope you strike gold. The hit % goes down the further you go down the draft. Having a chance at a top 5 guy should not be passed up on

I agree with you on if there isn't a guy left at 12, and we weren't able to trade up for one, then moving down is an option. I think for some teams this makes sense, but when you've been consistently picking 21+ for the last 10 years, having a (better) chance at a franchise changing player should be capitalized.