• Garret Bradbury - OL NC ST
    • Christian Wilkins - DT Clemson
    • Devin Bush - LB Michigan
    • Rashan Gary - DL Michigan
    • Dalton Risner - OL Kansas St.
    • Chris Lindstrom - OL Boston College
    • Other - Please Specify

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2019 at 03:00 AM

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

What has taking DBs in round 1 or 2 over and over gotten the Vikings? We can play this game all day.....

A top 5 defense. (When healthy - see 2017) even not healthy it was top 10.

Dallas with a heavily invested offensive line = 22 (some injuries last year, healthy 2017 and they were 14th ranked)

Indianapolis on the other hand had a 7th ranked offense, with their heavily invested offensive line, but that’s with a generational QB at the helm.

Now it’s time to improve the offensive line, which was stated in every post, and it should be with the 1st or 2nd round pick + maybe even more. 

I was just clearly stating I just don’t want the team to go reach for a player that isn’t valued there. If they want Risner, see if it’s possible to trade down, acquire him, and maybe even gather in another top notch lineman by using the pick you gathered to trade up higher in the second round. 

Its about making the most of your value on your picks. I’m not even objecting to saying take Bradberry and find a way to trade back up into the first for another lineman. We know Seattle is shopping their pick. 

Its about value.

I honestly do think Hockenson can be a game changer for our offense even for a tight end. I don't mean it in terms that he's going to be a game changer in the sense of taking over a game like a #1 WR or a stud RB but we're seeing more and more than good tight ends can be a huge weapon. Kelce, Kittle, Ertz....Ebron in Indy was a monster in the red zone for Luck.  OJ Howard,  Njoku, Endgram, and Hunter Henry are up & coming pass catching tight ends. You add in this draft with the Fantz', Hockensons', and Smith's and we're looking at over a dozen of these types of TE's around the league.

It's certainly a growing trend and it may pay off to be in the forefront of with a player like Hock.

Having a very good pass catching tight end could do wonders for opening up things for Diggs, Thielen, and Cook in the passing game. I mean, let's be honest....Rudolph is a good pass catcher but he's really not someone that's making defenses think twice about. He catches a ball at about 6 yards and falls down when a defender 4 yards away from him sneezes.

Having that extra offensive threat at tight end and adding a decent #3 WR could be very game changing for this offense as the league starts to go with these athletic pass catching tight ends. This isn't even considering that a ferocious run blocker could do wonders for the running game.

I mean it's tough.....I want OL just as much as the next person but we know OL are far from a sure thing and Hockenson is pretty close to that. Besides, the value is pretty good at 18.

Gary falling would interest me at  DT. However, I pick Ford if want to keep Elf at center. If like ELF better at guard then draft Bradbury. Ford size and blocking ability can be a huge plus inside.  Vikings need a OG more than a OT right now. I don't like moving Reif inside or making O'Neil flip sides. Reif while hurt and inconsistent last year was still better than the play we got inside. Use a 3rd/4th on your LT of the future and use your 1st of someone who can fill a hole now.

The choice here is easily Rashaan gary for me.  I want one of Andre Dillard, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or else a trade back.

I think Rashaan Gary is prototype Mike Zimmer prospect and with a little grooming could easily end up being the best UT in this draft.  He could be this years Dannielle Hunter.  He is just as strong and athletic as Ed Oliver, but even taller and longer.  An amazing athlete, but very raw.  He was significantly better than Maurice Hurst at Michigan.

I dont understand people wanting te so much...it is at best a want not a need for us. There are players at NEEDS worthy of the pick...sure i get it next year it is probably a need unless conklin majorly improves, but te isnt keeping us from winning games....the trenches are.  

If this is how the board went, I picked Rashan Gary.  Sure might not make sense to some but he is the best player on the board I feel and I think the Vikings go DL in the second round anyway.  Gary could play DE easily or be a pass rushing DT maybe as well on passing downs.  Outstanding potential, top 5 potential just had a bad year and was apparently injured.  It would make a lot of sense, sure would love OL like Ford or Risner, Hockenson would be interesting as well but Gary would be the best player and would be a steal at that point.

A 4.58 40 at a large 277 pounds, 38" vertical and 26 rep at 225 bench, he is impressive and an elite level talent.  I doubt he falls in the draft like he did in this mock.

Sorry I haven't been following the draft prospects at all this year, but can someone give me a quick rundown on Ford vs Bradbury vs Risner vs Lindstrom?

I remember a few months ago everyone was hyped for Dalton Risner, but now I'm the only one that voted for him.

17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Sorry I haven't been following the draft prospects at all this year, but can someone give me a quick rundown on Ford vs Bradbury vs Risner vs Lindstrom?

I remember a few months ago everyone was hyped for Dalton Risner, but now I'm the only one that voted for him.

Personally, I think all 4 of them are in the same tier. Ford and Risner give some tackle/guard versatility, Bradbury is a center who can likely kick over to guard, while Lindstrom is likely just a guard.

15 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Ford I feel is more a 2nd round but has 1st round potential.  Amazing size and can play OG or OT, but really his only real experience of playing at a high level was this past year as a RS JR.  Tons of talent though, Bradbury is considered the best center but again I feel he is more a 2nd round talent.  Good athlete but might have trouble at the point of attack but is athletic and depending on how the Vikings want to play could be a great fit for the system, but so could Erick McCoy who could be more of a 2nd or 3rd round pick as a center.  Lindstrom some really like, he is solid but I have never been super impressed with him but he has had a great pre draft performance at the combine did well and at the senior bowl did well.  He could be a nice safe pick at OG.  Risner I would not mind either, he can play OT or OG like Ford which is great and ideal considering them might have to do either one considering what they do with Reiff.  Risner I really like but if Gary was there I would not pass on him.   Preseason this past year Risner was easily one of the best OL talents in the nation, now with Ford coming on and Dillard and Taylor that has changed a little but in terms of consistency over a long period of time Risner is as good as any of them but some want the new fresh guy who people assume has more upside.

I feel Risner will be gone in the real draft by either Carolina, Cinci, or Atlanta.  But would be happy if the Vikings got him just on versatility alone.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I feel like all of those guys are pretty close in ability, but are all reaches at 18.  I think it makes the most sense to trade back and take one.  Rashan Gary has the potential to be the next bigger version of Aaron Donald.  If we miss out on all 4 of those OL then we will have options in the 2nd-3rd like Eric McCoy and Connor McGovern who are almost as good as the other guys.

Archived