• Garret Bradbury - OL NC ST
    • Christian Wilkins - DT Clemson
    • Devin Bush - LB Michigan
    • Rashan Gary - DL Michigan
    • Dalton Risner - OL Kansas St.
    • Chris Lindstrom - OL Boston College
    • Other - Please Specify

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2019 at 03:00 AM

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I feel Risner will be gone in the real draft by either Carolina, Cinci, or Atlanta.  But would be happy if the Vikings got him just on versatility alone.

I have a feeling the Giants will take Risner in the 2nd if he falls out of the first.

13 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I have a feeling the Giants will take Risner in the 2nd if he falls out of the first.

Yeah no way he falls to the 50th pick in the 2nd round.  If say Risner is there and the Vikings do not take him another team will.  Detroit is in the market for OL, Bills arguably, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina then after the Vikings 1st round pick Baltimore, Houston, Phili, Oakland, KC, Rams, Pats all could be in the market as well.  Not to mention early 2nd round like you said Giants then there is also Arizona or 49ers and down the list etc.  

It will be interesting to see what they do, if they go best available out of all positions or just draft the best OL there regardless.  

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

His absolute floor is Denver on day 2, they've visited with him a ton and they could use some help pretty much all along that line

On 4/12/2019 at 2:50 AM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Was between Ford and Hockenson but Hockenson can be a game changer in the run and pass game and is as close to a "sure thing" as possible. I give him the nod over Fant as well due to his run blocking.

Not sure how you can pass that up.

Tight End is not as important as OL for this team.

The poll was still open so I went with Bradbury.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:47 AM, Kparty15 said:

We should’ve picked Rashan Gary...  Cody Ford is a huge reach at 18 and Hockenson is a luxury pick.

Cody Ford is definitely not a huge reach...and Rashan Gary is not that special as compared to other DL that will be available in the 2nd round.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, swede700 said:

While I like Bradbury a lot, I take the far easier route to resolving the issue at offensive line in Cody Ford.  While I certainly like Hockenson too, I can't take him with a couple of high-ranked offensive linemen are available in Bradbury and Ford.  If they truly want a good TE to replace Rudolph, I think they can get one by either trading back up into the late 1st or early 2nd and get Fant or Smith...or even sit at their 2nd rounder and get a Knox, who needs some development anyway, or a Sternberger.  

I agree with this.  It's about time we resolve the offensive line issue once and for all.  I voted for Cody Ford.  By filling the biggest hole on the roster in round one, we will then have more flexibility to take the BPA in the next few rounds.  I wouldn't mind seeing us draft Sternberger in the 3rd or 4th round if he lasts that long.  

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

Cody Ford is definitely not a huge reach...and Rashan Gary is not that special as compared to other DL that will be available in the 2nd round.  

Like who?  Who would be around in the 50th pick in the second round?  Would love Tillery but that is probably not happening, Ferguson should be gone same with Omenihu, maybe Anthony Nelson but not much else.  Zach Allen would be gone also and most likely Dre'Mont Jones but yeah would love those two in the 2nd no question but doubt it will fall that way.  

As a athlete Gary could be special and I think it would be well worth taking if he falls to the Vikings which he will not anyway.  He is a top 10 talent I feel, did not play like it this past year but watch his SOPH tape, guy was big time, apparently he was injured this past season.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Like who?  Who would be around in the 50th pick in the second round?  Would love Tillery but that is probably not happening, Ferguson should be gone same with Omenihu, maybe Anthony Nelson but not much else.  Zach Allen would be gone also and most likely Dre'Mont Jones but yeah would love those two in the 2nd no question but doubt it will fall that way.  

As a athlete Gary could be special and I think it would be well worth taking if he falls to the Vikings which he will not anyway.  He is a top 10 talent I feel, did not play like it this past year but watch his SOPH tape, guy was big time, apparently he was injured this past season.  

Gary's traits are very very rare. Plug him in at 3T and let Patterson work with him and he could be special.

24 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Gary's traits are very very rare. Plug him in at 3T and let Patterson work with him and he could be special.

I agree, his upside is huge but sure did have a down year so could be a great value and might drop.  But yeah I doubt he falls, Detroit could easily take him Miami, Atlanta, Carolina etc.  I would take him no doubt though if he is around, he is more talented in terms of upside than any OL they could possibly get at that spot.  And Joseph is not getting any younger and neither is Griffen.

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Tillery may not be there, but I fully expect Omenihu to still be and Lawrence might as well.  Hell, Simmons and Jones will likely be there as well.   They're picking at #50, not #64...there will be good defensive linemen left because of how deep the position is this year.  If you're looking at Edge players, Ferguson will not be gone by #50, because he's probably a 3rd-4th rounder, not a 1st-2nd.  In the end though, I don't think the Vikings take an Edge player high...they've had such tremendous success at getting mid-round DEs with lots of athletic talent and developing them, why change that?  I just think Gary is too much of a tweener for the Vikings to even consider taking at #18, even if he is there.       

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Tillery may not be there, but I fully expect Omenihu to still be and Lawrence might as well.  Hell, Simmons and Jones will likely be there as well.   They're picking at #50, not #64...there will be good defensive linemen left because of how deep the position is this year.  If you're looking at Edge players, Ferguson will not be gone by #50, because he's probably a 3rd-4th rounder, not a 1st-2nd.  In the end though, I don't think the Vikings take an Edge player high...they've had such tremendous success at getting mid-round DEs with lots of athletic talent and developing them, why change that?  I just think Gary is too much of a tweener for the Vikings to even consider taking at #18, even if he is there.       

I don’t think Gary is a tweener at all.  He just played a ton of positions in college because that’s what Harbaugh likes to do in Michigan with his players similarly to how they used Jabrill Peppers.  I think Gary has the chance to be a very good DE or an elite UT.

Edited by Kparty15

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

I don’t think Gary is a tweener at all.  He just played a ton of positions in college because that’s what Harbaugh likes to do in Michigan with his players similarly to how they used Jabrill Peppers.  I think Gary has the chance to be a very good DE or an elite UT.

That's fine, but I just don't see the point of drafting a guy like him with the #18 pick, when you can find a guy with similar athletic traits in the mid-rounds and coach 'em up, just as has been done multiple times before, especially when there isn't an immediate need (I view Gary as more of a Robison-type in the Vikings' defense, who will play outside and then move inside on 3rd down rather than strictly playing UT).