BrownLeader Annual 5 round warmup

BrownLeader

5 round warm up of the 7 rounder I do every year. Trying to get a feeler from everyone about the player fits and slotting. Feel free to :S on it.

1. Cardinals - Kyler Murray, QB
Murray's a better and more exciting prospect than Rosen and has various connections with the current team. It's unique but the circumstances are right for this to happen. Rosen traded to Washington for #46 this year and a 2020 2nd rounder.
NFL Comp: gun-slinging Tyrod Taylor

2. Niners - Quinnen Williams, DT
Consensus says Bosa's the pick here but I think GM Lynch might just have Williams higher on the board....as in #1 overall.
NFL Comp: squeezed down Fletcher Cox

3. TRADE Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB
I feel like the Haskins falling buzz is pure smoke screen. Gettlemen took Barkley last year with the intention of taking a QB this year and I don't think he'll settle for whoever is still there at #6. 
NFL Comp: raw Matt Stafford

4. Raiders - Nick Bosa, DE
This would make it easy for Mayock at #4. Bosa won't likely make them forget Mack but he's a rock solid edge defender. The biggest obstacle here would be getting him signed.
NFL Comp: Tambi Hali

5. Buccaneers - Jonah Williams, OT
Arians' offense and any possible reclamation of Winston won't be possible without better OL play. The Bucs haven't taken an offensive lineman in the 1st round since 2006.... they're probably due.
NFL Comp: longer Zack Martin

6. TRADE Jets - Josh Allen, DE/OLB
Allen's regarded as the #1 34 OLB in this draft and it's arguably the Jets' top need. Acquiring picks in a trade down and still landing Allen should be a win....although I have my doubts whether Allen will live up to his draft status.
NFL Comp: better motor Jamie Collins

7. Jaguars - T.J. Hockenson, TE
The Jags need to take the best offensive skill position player available. Fournette's their most threatening talent but his reliability has been half pie. Hock is just a great scheme fit for the offense and improves both the passing and running game. 
NFL Comp: Heath Miller

8. Lions -  Ed Oliver, DT
Lions need to take the best defensive player available. Oliver's skill-set and play style fit the New England defense perfectly, he just physically doesn't look right. He looks like a Teddy Bruschi but he plays like a Richard Seymour.
NFL Comp: faster Grady Jarrett

9. Bills - Noah Fant, TE
The Bills have done a solid job of acquiring players on the offensive side of the ball but tight end is still a hole. Fant's physical makeup is special and he could be the difference-maker the team needs at the position.
NFL Comp: Jermicheal Finley

10. Broncos - Drew Lock, QB
Swing away Merrill. Broncos need to keep at it until they find a franchise QB. I'm not one that buys into the notion that a guy will be better if he sits initially, but it at least tables the QB question for another 2-3 seasons. Lock has some Vinny Testevarde in him but the floor's also pretty low.
NFL Comp: faster Derek Anderson

11 Bengals -  Devin White, LB 
LB is arguably their top need heading into the draft and White has Hall of Fame upside. /Done.
NFL Comp: bigger Kwon Alexander

12. Packers - D.K. Metcalf, WR
Packers aren't rebuilding but they're certainly reloading. Besides Adams they don't have any real threats at the skill positions. They took a slew of WRs last season but none look like potential super stars. 
NFL Comp: Jerry Porter

13. Dolphins - Jawaan Taylor, OT
RT is a massive hole for the Dolphins and Taylor's regarded as potentially the best OT in this class. Crapola imo but he could still ably fill that need.
NFL Comp: slimmer Brandon Brooks

14. Falcons - Christian Wilkins, DT
Wilkins is a little more 3 tech than what the Falcons need but he checks every other box for them.
NFL Comp: Cullen Jenkins

15. Redskins - Montez Sweat, DE/OLB 
Assuming the Skins don't serve this pick up to Arizona, and edge defender fits. Despite that timed explosiveness, I think Sweat will actually show up more versus the run than as a rusher.
NFL Comp: bigger Manny Lawson

16. Panthers -  Rashan Gary, DE
Panthers are losing their identity. It's always been about defense and Cam Newton but as these guys age out or succumb to injury the teams needs to re-equip. Gary didn't accomplish much at Ann Arbor but he might be a much more productive pro. 
NFL Comp: raw Kevin Carter

17. Giants - Byron Murphy, CB
I think Murphy's a top ten player and would be a steal in the middle of the first.
NFL Comp: Dunta Robinson

18. Vikings - Andre Dillard, OT 
Dillard's the best pass pro LT in this class and his athleticism matches up with the Vikings new scheme. If he's on the board it's an easy match.
NFL Comp:

19. Titans - Brian Burns, LB
Titans defense is transitioning to younger talent upfront headlined by the edge rushers. Wake is an ideal mentor for the up and coming players. Burns is all athlete and hustle but needs polish and strength.
NFL Comp: stiffer Leonard Floyd

20. Steelers - Devin Bush, LB
Bush is an ideal fit here assuming the Steelers value the position this high. Athletic ability, angriness and plays with an edge.
NFL Comp: Odell Thurman

21. Seahawks - N'Keal Harry, WR
Seahawks lacked playmakers in the passing game after Baldwin's season long injuries and only Lockett consistently showing up. I think Harry is in a Boldin, Dez Bryant class of talent, with a floor of a Pierre Garcon or TJ. Houshmanzadeh.
NFL Comp: Anquan Boldin

22. Ravens - Cody Ford, OG
Ford fills a hole at LG and helps flesh out the new offensive identity. Although, I'm not quite as high on him as others and think he's effectively a tweener stuck between a OT and OG.
NFL Comp: Andre Smith

23. Texans - Greedy Williams, CB  
Texans could pull the trigger on blue chip OL fits here but they might not be able to pass up on arguably the top CB in the draft if he falls. Williams is a skinny, raw, man corner and doesn't bring much else. That lack of dynamism could drop him slightly.
NFL Comp: 6'2 Kevin Johnson

24. Raiders - Joshua Jacobs, RB
I think the only aspect that could bail out Gruden's offense in Oakland is if the running game excels. Jacobs' complete game and mental makeup ought to have Mayock and Gruden crushing on him.
NFL Comp: shorter Joe Mixon

25. Eagles - Chris Lindstrom, OG
Lindstrom has surprising athleticism and heavy hands. A reliable running game will be the key to the offense in 19' and a blue chip OG will help.
NFL Comp:

26. Colts - A.J. Brown, WR 
The Colts got away with playing a lot of jag wide receivers last season. Funchess doesn't move that needle. They need a legit threat pair with T.Y.
NFL Comp: bigger Jarvis Landry

27. Raiders - Jeffrey Simmons, DE
Mayock won't want to pass on a top 10 talent late in the 1st unless he absolutely has to. As long as the character checks out, I could see the Raiders pulling the trigger.
NFL Comp: bigger Adrian Clayborn

28. Chargers - Jerry Tillery, DT
With the departures this offseason the Chargers have significant holes up front. Tillery is a high-upside talent that could step in day 1 and ultimately outplay his draft position.
NFL Comp: Chris Canty

29. Chiefs - DeAndre Baker, CB
The Chiefs are still lacking a number one cornerback and Baker is viewed by some as the top corner in this class. It's an easy choice here if he's on the board. 
NFL Comp: shorter Aqib Talib

30. Packers - Erik McCoy, OG
The Packers could use upgrades on the interior line and McCoy is just that. I think he's a much better OG prospect than OC. He's highly athletic and plays angry.
NFL Comp:

31. Rams - Chase Winovich, DE/OLB
It'll look like the Rohirrim upfront for the Rams this season if they add both Matthews and Winovich on the edges.
NFL Comp:  Clay Matthews

32. New England - Deebo Samuel, WR
The old familiar pint sized receiver the Pats have built an institution with could come back around again with Samuel. A threat with the ball in his hands, a sound route runner, and possessing good hands, he's got the physical and mental makeup the Pats covet.
NFL Comp: faster Bruce Ellington

ROUND 2

33 Arizona - Garrett Bradbury, OC
34 Indianapolis - Jonathan Abram, S 
35 Oakland - Rock Ya Sin, CB
36 San Francisco - Dalton Risner, OG
37 TRADE NY Jets (NYG) - Clelin Ferrell, DE
38 Jacksonville - Greg Little, OT
39 Tampa Bay - Andy Isabella, WR
40 Buffalo - Parris Campbell, WR
41 Denver - Dexter Lawrence, DT
42 Cincinnati - Daniel Jones, QB
43 Detroit - Mack Wilson, LB
44 Green Bay - Irv Smith, TE
45 Atlanta - Zach Allen, DE
46 TRADE Arizona (WAS)- Emmanuel Hall, WR
47 Carolina - Jachai Polite, OLB/DE 
48 Miami - Darrell Henderson, RB 
49 Cleveland - Darnell Savage, DB
50 Minnesota - Benny Snell, RB 
51 Tennessee - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, WR
52 Pittsburgh - Nasir Adderley, DB  
53 Philadelphia - David Montgomery, RB 
54 Houston - Dre'Mont Jones, DE
55 Houston - Kaleb McGary, OT
56 New England - Will Grier, QB
57 Philadelphia - Khalen Saunders, DT 
58 Dallas - Joe Jackson, DE
59 Indianapolis - Ben Banogu, LB
60 LA Chargers - Juan Thornhill, S 
61 Kansas City - Hollywood Brown, WR
62 New Orleans - Jace Sternberger, TE
63 Kansas City - Sean Bunting, CB
64 New England - Jalen Jelks, DE

ROUND 3

65. Arizona - Chuma Edoga, OT
66. Pittsburgh - Julian Love, CB
67. San Francisco - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S
68. NY Jets - Mecole Hardman, WR
69 Jacksonville - Damien Harris, RB 
70 Tampa Bay - Trysten Hill, DE
71 Denver - Hakeem Butler, WR 
72 Cincinnati - Amani Oruwariye, CB
73 New England - Miles Boykin, WR
74 Buffalo - Miles Sanders, RB
75 Green Bay - Trayvon Mullen, CB 
76 Washington - Terry McLaurin, WR 
77 Carolina - Kelvin Harmon, WR
78 Miami - Lamont Gaillard, OC
79 Atlanta - Justin Layne, CB
80 Cleveland - Joejuan Williams, DB
81 Minnesota - Riley Ridley, WR
82 Tennessee - Anthony Nelson, DE
83 Pittsburgh - Tytus Howard, OT
84 Seattle - Darius Slayton, WR
85 Baltimore - Te'von Coney, LB
86 Houston - Rodney Anderson, RB 
87 Chicago - Ryquell Armstead, RB
88 Detroit - Nate Davis, OG
89 Indianapolis - Taylor Rapp, S
90 Dallas - Renell Wren, DT
91 LA Chargers - L.J. Humphrey, WR
92 Kansas City - Maxx Crosby, LB
93 NY Jets - Yodney Cajuste, OT
94 LA Rams - Vosean Joseph, LB
95 TRADE NYJets (NYG) - Trayveon Williams, RB
96c Washington - Dawson Knox, TE 
97c New England - Charles Omenihu, DE 
98c Jacksonville - Amani Hooker, S
99c LA Rams - David Long, CB
100c Carolina - Qadree Ollison, RB
101c New England - D'Andre Walker, DE/OLB 
102c Baltimore - Gary Jennings, WR

ROUND 4

103 Arizona - Devine Ozigbo, RB
104 San Francisco - Preston Williams, WR 
105 NY Jets - Kendall Sheffield, CB
106 Oakland - Foster Moreau, TE  
107 Tampa Bay - Alex Barnes, RB
108 NY Giants - David Sills, WR
109 Jacksonville - Keelan Doss, WR
110 Cincinnati - Mitch Hyatt, OT
111 Detroit - Lonnie Johnson, CB
112 Buffalo - Michael Deiter, OG
113 Denver - Oli Udoh, OG
114 Green Bay - Kingsley Keke, DE
115 Carolina - Ryan Finley, QB
116 Miami - Gardner Minshew, QB
117 Atlanta - Max Scharping, OT
118 Green Bay -  Germaine Pratt, LB
119 Cleveland - Kahale Warring, TE
120 Minnesota - Tyree Jackson, QB  
121 Tennessee - Dontavius Russell, DT
122 Pittsburgh - Anthony Johnson, WR
123 Baltimore - Oshane Ximines, LB
124 Seattle - L.J. Collier, DE
125 Denver - Jamel Dean, CB
126 Chicago - Phil Haynes, OG
127 Philadelphia - David Long, LB
128 Dallas - Karan Higdon, RB
129 Indianapolis - Greg Gaines, DT 
130 LA Chargers - Jarrett Stidham, QB 
131 Buffalo - Shareef Miller, DE
132 NY Giants - Myles Gaskin, RB
133 LA Rams - Chris Slayton, DT 
134 New England - Caleb Wilson, TE
135c Indianapolis - Jaylon Ferguson, DE
136c Dallas - DeMarkus Lodge, WR
137c Atlanta - Blake Cashman, LB
138c Philadelphia - Drue Tranquill, LB

ROUND 5

139 Arizona - Mark Fields, CB
140 Oakland - Tyre Brady, WR
141 Pittsburgh - Corey Ballentine, CB
142 NY Giants - Kaden Smith, TE
143 NY Giants - Dennis Daley, OT
144 Cleveland - Devin Singletary, RB
145 Tampa Bay - Bobby Okereke, LB
146 Detroit - Penny Hart, WR
147 Buffalo - Ben Bur-Kirven, LB
148 Denver - David Edwards, OT
149 Cincinnati - Dexter Williams, RB
150 Green Bay - Jaquan Johnson, S
151 Miami - Gerald Willis, DT
152 Atlanta - Stanley Morgan, WR
153 Washington - Ty Summers, LB
154 Carolina - Beau Benzschawel, OG
155 Cleveland - Greg Dortch, WR
156 Denver - Cortez Broughton, DE
157 Tennessee - Travis Homer, RB
158 Buffalo - Daniel Wise, DT
159 Seattle - Sione Takitaki, LB
160 Baltimore - Jahlani Tavai, LB
161 Houston - Dru Samia, OG
162 Chicago - Ryan Pope, OT
163 Philadelphia - Diontae Johnson, WR
164 Indianapolis - Josh Oliver, TE
165 Dallas - Ross Pierschbacher, OC
166 LA Chargers - Blessaun Austin, CB
167 Kansas City - Hunter Renfrow, WR
168 New Orleans - Daylon Mack, DT
169 LA Rams - Micheal Jordan, OG
170 Cleveland - Austin Bryant, DE
171c NY Giants -Jazz Ferguson, WR
172c Atlanta - Wes Hills, RB
173c Washington - Terrell Hanks, LB

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

7 TRADE NY Jets (NYG) - Clelin Ferrell, DE

There is no way Pats don't take him at 32.

56 New England - Will Grier, QB

Big reach he an average QB at best.  They have a need however they will not pass on quality players still on the board. 

64 New England - Jalen Jelks, DE

This is where the Pats take a WR. Based on your draft there are quality guys that fit the Pats. They also would look at Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S  with this pick. Pats safeties are as old as dirt.

73 New England - Miles Boykin, WR

Tytus Howard, OT would be a better choice. Cannon is old and he is one hit from retirement. They have no quality tackles on the roster.

97c New England - Charles Omenihu, DE  No way, he's early second round but if this happen I would be happy as the pig!

134 New England - Caleb Wilson, TE    prefer Oliver

Deandre Walker  pick    This is complete fantasy. He will go higher than pick 101. Great for the Pats if this happened.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2

12. Packers - D.K. Metcalf, WR
Packers aren't rebuilding but they're certainly reloading. Besides Adams they don't have any real threats at the skill positions. They took a slew of WRs last season but none look like potential super stars. 
NFL Comp: Jerry Porter

Since Ted Thompson took over for the Packers, the Packers have only used 2 FRP on non-premium positions (AJ Hawk in 2005 and HHCD in 2014).  The other picks have been some combination of QB, OT, DL, EDGE, or CB.  That's not going to change under Gute.  I'd put a less than 1% chance that Gute takes Metcalf here.  Take your choice of pass rushers here.  Maybe Andre Dillard if you want to be crazy.

30. Packers - Erik McCoy, OG
The Packers could use upgrades on the interior line and McCoy is just that. I think he's a much better OG prospect than OC. He's highly athletic and plays angry.
NFL Comp:

Same concept as before, although it's probably more likely they take a non-premium position here.  The Packers signed Billy Turner to a modest 4 year deal this offseason, and they have Lane Taylor and Corey Linsley under contract for a few more years.  The earliest the Packers have ever taken an IOL under Ted/Gute is the 4th round.  Again, don't see that changing this year.    Dalton Risner if they view as an OT prospect is in play.  Clelin Ferrell is probably too good of value to pass up even if they take an EDGE at 12.

44 Green Bay - Irv Smith, TE

Solid pick, but Nasir Adderly is probably too good of value to pass up here.  And fits a need.  CGJ matches here as well.

75 Green Bay - Trayvon Mullen, CB 

Meh.  Don't really have any strong feelings here one way or the other.  Feel they probably need to add another CB at some point depending on what they have planned for Josh Jackson.  Could go in a number of ways here.

• Like 1

Round 3-5 I can live with but 1 and 2 are a disaster. First there’s no way we can’t address the defense early, especially in a draft this strong at the top end on D. Second Jonah Williams is not worth a top 10 pick. Especially if he plays guard. Few guards are worth a 1st round pick let alone a top 5 pick. Josh Allen absolutely has to be the pick there. 39 is a bit high for Isabella, as much as I like him. He would be, at best, our #4. You can’t spend a 2nd rounder on a 4th wr. RB, OL, or DB is the pick there.

Edited by bigdog2372
  • Like 1

Pats have 32nd pick, Rams have 31st, you have those backwards.  However, Samuel and Grier at 32 and 56 respectively are not good picks for them. I honestly see them going TE/DT with those two picks...and now that I said that Belichick will end up taking a CB/S

• Like 1

Fant certainly isn't my top choice. Not even my top TE choice, but with Williams, Oliver and Hockenson gone I could likely get on board. Would love a trade back first though.

Campbell, Sanders, Dieter and Miller are all very good and realistic picks! top of the 5th seems high for Kirven though. Wise is a wise choice lol.

• Like 1

hock to jags is good.  

im not a fan of Little(something tells me hes gonna be a bust). i would learn towards CB Layne as our future Bouye replacement or Nassir Adderly(gives us a true cover safety replacement for Gipson and should cover well in the deep 1/3 in our cover 3. 

harris isnt a bad pick but im not liking the value there for a backup.  i would go Yodney Cajuste to compete at RT/LT.  

while hooker is a decent value at the spot i feel hes a SS and we need more of A FS. i would go with Kahale Warring as i feel hes gonna be a monster in the NFL and while Hockenson added we seem to want to be a run heavy offense(im unsure what deflippio will do) warring would give us a 2nd good TE and allow our to create some mismatches. 

round 4 i take Ferguson as i want a future replacement for Campbell. 

• Like 1

Sweet baby jesus brownie you showed out this go around you have outdone yourself.   Stand up and take a damn bow you sexy brown thing  you deserve it for the Falcons.

Wilkins
Allen
Layne
Scharping
Cashman
morgan

That is one MONSTER haul for the Falcons and hit our 4 biggest needs with very good players for fair value in each round and with actual people we have been linked to or looked at that fits our scheme.  

Maybe a Power RB  1 more DL and C and call those 7 rounds a wrap i love it.