BrownLeader Annual 5 round warmup

BrownLeader

Love Dillard in RD 1 for the Vikes, but after that it goes downhill fast for me.

RB in RD2 is an absolute reach and not that big of a need. Yes we need someone to back up Cook, but we can find a RB in later RDS or a decent veteran at some point. DT, DE, WR, TE, S, LB, and OL depth are all more important needs. Personally I'd go with Hollywood Brown in RD2, think thats a steal.

RD3 is not a bad pick itself, but since i went WR in RD2 id go Wren at DT.

RD4 is not a bad pick either, but we signed Mannion to back up Cousins and we have Sloter as our #3 developmental QB. Not a need at all. With needs stated above i'd likely go Ferguson at DE or Cashman at LB (bonus that he played college in MN and would be a fan favorite). Maybe an outside shot at OL like Jordan or Beauschwazel (sp?).

I like very little of this for the Eagles.

Lindstrom in a vacuum I am good with but not at the expense of Ferrell and Chauncey Gardner Johnson. 

I like Montgomery and Saunders but not in the 2nd and not over many people you have them passing on 

The fact that you have the Eagles reaching on all 3 of their top picks and passing on CGJ is....confusing. 

2 LB’s and no S or T? No thanks 

Pretty good draft for the Titans.  Round 2 seems a little early for Whiteside, but the Titans have definitely shown interest in him, so it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world.

I would expect them to address the offensive line in the early rounds at some point though.  Still, solid draft for them.

@BrownLeader what do you think about Adderley to the Browns in the second. A lot of folks are very excited about his potential in Cleveland to play anywhere in the secondary, like what Peppers was supposed to be--lol no--when he came out. Adderley looks great in coverage, though. We could even go Rapp in the third and have Adderley as a CB/S hybrid.

This is not Tayne's idea, by the way.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Sweet baby jesus brownie you showed out this go around you have outdone yourself.   Stand up and take a damn bow you sexy brown thing  you deserve it for the Falcons.

Wilkins
Allen
Layne
Scharping
Cashman
morgan

That is one MONSTER haul for the Falcons and hit our 4 biggest needs with very good players for fair value in each round and with actual people we have been linked to or looked at that fits our scheme.  

Maybe a Power RB  1 more DL and C and call those 7 rounds a wrap i love it. 

giphy.gif

one out of 3 on your suggestions with the rest...

5. 172. Wes Hills, RB

6. 186. Alize Mack, TE

7. 230. Alec Ingold, FB

On 4/13/2019 at 1:51 PM, meixdaddy_10 said:

Love Dillard in RD 1 for the Vikes, but after that it goes downhill fast for me.

RB in RD2 is an absolute reach and not that big of a need. Yes we need someone to back up Cook, but we can find a RB in later RDS or a decent veteran at some point. DT, DE, WR, TE, S, LB, and OL depth are all more important needs. Personally I'd go with Hollywood Brown in RD2, think thats a steal.

RD3 is not a bad pick itself, but since i went WR in RD2 id go Wren at DT.

RD4 is not a bad pick either, but we signed Mannion to back up Cousins and we have Sloter as our #3 developmental QB. Not a need at all. With needs stated above i'd likely go Ferguson at DE or Cashman at LB (bonus that he played college in MN and would be a fan favorite). Maybe an outside shot at OL like Jordan or Beauschwazel (sp?).

I'm probably higher then most on Snell but my thinking is that he'd not only compliment Cook, but give that offense a better identity and charismatic leader. He's a Marshawn Lynch, Corey Dillon type runner that they could desperately use after throwing the ball way too much last year.

This is rest of their draft...

6. 190. Jimmy Moreland, CB

7. 250. Nick Allegretti, OG

On 4/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

I like very little of this for the Eagles.

Lindstrom in a vacuum I am good with but not at the expense of Ferrell and Chauncey Gardner Johnson. 

I like Montgomery and Saunders but not in the 2nd and not over many people you have them passing on 

The fact that you have the Eagles reaching on all 3 of their top picks and passing on CGJ is....confusing. 

2 LB’s and no S or T? No thanks 

I think the Eagles need to come away from this off season being able to run the ball well or they won't compete. So taking the #1 OG and arguable the #1 RB to pair with Howard could accomplish that.

Also think their LBs are liabilities right now besides Bradham, and a greater need than at S or OT.

Is CGJ getting first round consideration? ..because I haven't read that. How great of a need is S for them? Are you figuring the end is near for McCleod & Jenkins?

On 4/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, NudeTayne said:

@BrownLeader what do you think about Adderley to the Browns in the second. A lot of folks are very excited about his potential in Cleveland to play anywhere in the secondary, like what Peppers was supposed to be--lol no--when he came out. Adderley looks great in coverage, though. We could even go Rapp in the third and have Adderley as a CB/S hybrid.

This is not Tayne's idea, by the way.

I've read Adderley, already not the biggest run enforcer, absorbs blows rather than deliver them. I don't have a good enough take on him. There's virtually no film of him vs real competition. He kind of strikes me as a Sean Davis, Marcus Williams , Demarious Randall type but I can't really say watching him vs undrafted guys. Savage is similar and I've got a good read on what he could do, so I feel better about his projection.

11 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I think the Eagles need to come away from this off season being able to run the ball well or they won't compete. So taking the #1 OG and arguable the #1 RB to pair with Howard could accomplish that.

Also think their LBs are liabilities right now besides Bradham, and a greater need than at S or OT.

Is CGJ getting first round consideration? ..because I haven't read that. How great of a need is S for them? Are you figuring the end is near for McCleod & Jenkins?

Eagles run 3 Safeties way more than they run with 3 LB's. They devalue the LB pretty heavily, they really just don't care about them in this defense. They'll likely cobble together playing time from the bodies they have then spend 2 draft picks on the position. One maybe, but the highest I think would be the 4th, but not 2 

So a 3rd Safety is pretty essential to their defense. Plus Malcolm is 32 and McLeod is nearing the end of his deal. Finding a future LT to replace Peters this year is pretty essential. I would rate those two needs way higher than LB. LB to me is probably 8th on the list of needs after DT, DE, S, OT, OG, RB, WR

I'm not a Montgomery guy, I think Henderson and Sanders are much better fits for the Eagles. Id rather even have Justice Hill in the 4th than Montgomery in the 2nd. 

I think CGJ is the first Safety off the board. I think he could go as high as Seattle at 21. 

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

giphy.gif

one out of 3 on your suggestions with the rest...

5. 172. Wes Hills, RB

6. 186. Alize Mack, TE

7. 230. Alec Ingold, FB

Looks good to me i like all 3 of those guys actually Mack in the 6th is really good value to me im not mad at that at all even though TE isn't a big need but who cares that late in the draft you take that kind of upside to pair with hooper long term.   Fullback is actually a need that i forgot to list as we only have Ortiz and ingold could be a good get for us.  We have needed a legit FB since we stupidly let Dimarco go and Ingold lays monster hits just what the dr ordered and can probably grab us some short yardage pickups as well if need be. 

You finished strong i would love this 7 rounder for the Falcons from start to finish

Archived