NFL Expected to not suspend Reuben Foster LB Redskins

49erurtaza

Will be interesting to see how his shoulder holds up. In his first year in SF he was fabulous with a few niggling injuries. In his 2nd he was constantly injured and his tackling technique went south, insofar that he was missing a LOT of tackles. Could be anything, could be nothing but at the cost for the Redskins it was worth it. For the 9ers, letting him go was also worth it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I realize he kind of ran out of chances in SF, but did their brass look into this before cutting an all world talent like him?

Seems worse on SF now that he'll be back playing week 1.

They had to cut the guy.

After everything that happened between foster and this woman, the fact she was at the team hotel the night before a game in Tampa bay is unacceptable.

We gave him plenty of chances and told him what was expected from him moving forward. He wasn't supposed to contact her at all, then we find out there was ANOTHER incident before this one and after she got him arrested the first time. 

At some point you have to send a message to the locker room that you are going to follow through on your word. If you tell a guy you will cut him for doing something, and he does it, you have to cut the guy. 

There is video of the niners pleading with the cops that night saying that this woman admitted to making this up before. They probably knew that he didn't do anything, but that's not the point 

I really don't understand the NFL. How does Zeke get 6 games and Rueben gets 2 game checks? I just need them to explain things. These are two extremes but there are many other cases in between and their punishments vary. Make it make sense, 

• Like 1

The Redskins could possibly have 6/11 starters on Defense from Alabama this season.

Pretty crazy 

If they were to draft FS Deonte Thompson in the 2nd this draft, it could be 7.

(No way we're getting Q. Williams & even if we could, were pretty stacked on DL)

But they could be targeting guys like Christian Miller  & the other LB later in the draft as well.

Adding Landon Collins & R. Foster this off season is going to make this Defense fun to watch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ACO said:

I really don't understand the NFL. How does Zeke get 6 games and Rueben gets 2 game checks? I just need them to explain things. These are two extremes but there are many other cases in between and their punishments vary. Make it make sense, 

Allow me to explain, Zeke was suspended under the DV policy and therefore was subject to the COLLECTIVELY BARGAINED punishment for first time offense, 6 game suspension.  Foster was fined by the NFL under the conduct detrimental policy for being a moron who continues to mess around with a girl who has not only falsely accused him of assault previously, but had a history of making false accusations prior to their relationship, and was told by the team to stay away from her.  That's why the 2 punishments are vastly different.  One guy was determined to commit dv based on the preponderance of the evidence, the other was determined to be an idiot falsely accused twice by the same woman, or also known as not committing dv.  It's not that difficult to understand

• Like 7

On 4/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, aceinthehouse said:

The Redskins could possibly have 6/11 starters on Defense from Alabama this season.

Pretty crazy 

If they were to draft FS Deonte Thompson in the 2nd this draft, it could be 7.

(No way we're getting Q. Williams & even if we could, were pretty stacked on DL)

But they could be targeting guys like Christian Miller  & the other LB later in the draft as well.

Adding Landon Collins & R. Foster this off season is going to make this Defense fun to watch.

I look forward to reading your redskins will have the best defense of all time post in general.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Allow me to explain, Zeke was suspended under the DV policy and therefore was subject to the COLLECTIVELY BARGAINED punishment for first time offense, 6 game suspension.  Foster was fined by the NFL under the conduct detrimental policy for being a moron who continues to mess around with a girl who has not only falsely accused him of assault previously, but had a history of making false accusations prior to their relationship, and was told by the team to stay away from her.  That's why the 2 punishments are vastly different.  One guy was determined to commit dv based on the preponderance of the evidence, the other was determined to be an idiot falsely accused twice by the same woman, or also known as not committing dv.  It's not that difficult to understand

Lol. This was the most clueless comment that I've seen on FF this year. Congratulations. 

I won't even waste my time arguing with you. I'll just tell you to read up on Zeke's case. Then re-read what ACO said and try to understand their point of view. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1