Vikings extend WR Adam Thielen (4 years, $64M)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say aren't the Vikings extremely tight on the cap? I would guess Wayne's gets traded soon.

Yep, they are, this should save a bit of space but they're still gonna be very very close with their pick allotments, I'd bet a Waynes or Rudolph deal happens within the next two weeks

Gosh, lucky thing the Vikings had the foresight to tie up ***STEFON DIGGS!!*** last July, for 5 years and 72 Billion dollars or whatever modest expenditure they laid out!

Had STEFON DIGGS waited until the ink was dry on the Thielen contract, he might have been able to negotiate a new deal paying him enough money to buy the Miami Marlins or build The Mexican Wall or some such!

Then again, perhaps STEFON has an escalator clause in his contract that permits, should another Vike be signed for big bucks, his own salary to soar as he did high into the Northern Lights Sky o'er Minnesota during that fabled game!

Could it be time for The 5th Annual STEFON DIGGS Appreciation Thread to remind fans of his Greatness????

Image result for stefon diggs

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say aren't the Vikings extremely tight on the cap? 

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

Talked to cap expert Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap. He said it's not too hard for #Vikings to get more 2019 cap room with Adam Thielen extension. Said if his base is cut to $1 million and he gets $15M signing bonus would lower his cap number from $8.1 to $5.15M & create $3M room