MKnight82

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-release-date/ 

JFO-Poster_Protag-Droidv21-720x405.jpg

According to the Star Wars Celebration website, the reveal panel for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will begin on Saturday 13th April at 1.30PM Central. This panel will be streamed on EA's Star Wars Twitch page (embed below). It'll feature Vince Zampella and Stig Asmussen of Respawn Entertainment, and they'll discuss how the story came to be with Lucasfilm. Given that it lasts for an hour, expect to learn a lot about the game.

So EA's making this game or involved in some way?  if so, that'll be some money I'll get to save.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

So EA's making this game or involved in some way?  if so, that'll be some money I'll get to save.

They still have the Star Wars exclusivity deal and purchased Respawn Entertainment, so... yeah. 

That being said, the concept does sound awesome, so I'll definitely keep a close eye on this one. It's one of those games I'm cautiously optimistic on. 

Respawn could actually make something great... if EA doesn't ruin it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Respawn could actually make something great... if EA doesn't ruin it. 

Titanfall 2 was great despite EA (though it was bungled by them releasing it alongside BF1), so who knows? 

Seriously, a Jedi-hunting game set after SWE3? It'd be kinda hard to eff that up. Then again, I said the same thing about SWBFII. 

Edited by KManX89

I honestly won't touch it if it's EA and if it's not an RPG.  This type of action game just isn't my thing anymore.  Especially not if EA is involved. 

The combination of Respawn and a single player only game with no transactions sounds promising. I just think were missing the asterisk on the no microtransactions that states "at release" knowing EA

Man, EA is ruining video games. Imagine NFL 2K and Knights of the Old Republic but we get this EA Exclusive junk.

Posted (edited)

It looks promising, but again, I said the same thing about SWBFII. Anything with EA's name on it should be looked at with extreme caution.

It's Respawn, though, who managed to make a great game in spite of EA in Titanfall 2, so there's a small glimmer of hope, I guess.

Edited by KManX89

I like Force Unleashed and I loved Kotor. And I wish this was a combination of the two. But then I read EA and thought......well ****.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Isn't that the dude that plays Ian in shameless?

I was just thinking that! Even sounds like him too.

Edit: Yep that's Ian Gallehger.

Edited by Calvert28