Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MKnight82

On 12/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, JBURGE said:

Yeah I'm not really sure I get it. There are no cosmetic MTXs right now which is surprising. There is no planned DLC, again, surprising free or not. No multiplayer. I absolutely loved the game, but the amount of content in it is a lot less than most AAA titles. 

I think it has a lot to do with EA not believing you can make money off a single player game without some sort of online component.

Its pathetic because this game would be ripe for DLC featuring cameos and plot lines from the EU.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, JonStark said:

Just left the Zeffo crash site and so far this game is awesome.

I'm just a little further in from that, really enjoying it too. I never play any melee games like this, so god it took me a long time to get the hang of it. But when you realize you're getting good and your timing gets better and stuff, it's so satisfying.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This game is on sale right now for $29.  The Deluxe edition is around $34.  Is it worth that at that price?  I'm really close to pulling the trigger, but I have no knowledge about Star Wars stuff.  Never seen any of the movies or TV shows.  Would someone like me be able to enjoy this game for the story and game play that are included?

2 hours ago, showtime said:

This game is on sale right now for $29.  The Deluxe edition is around $34.  Is it worth that at that price?  I'm really close to pulling the trigger, but I have no knowledge about Star Wars stuff.  Never seen any of the movies or TV shows.  Would someone like me be able to enjoy this game for the story and game play that are included?

Very similar to the Dark Souls games as far as structure goes, and it certainly has challenge to it at higher difficulties.  When I heard the Dark Souls comparison, I thought I would hate it as I'm not a fan of punishing games like that.  It still had the great Star Wars story I wanted, and on story mode, the difficulty was fine.  I just hate having to go through an area time after time.  I would've preferred them make more planets to explore than the back and forth.  

For a Star Wars game in it's time period, it's definitely a great story.  But I am not sure you will get the full impact of it without any knowledge of the franchise.  If I recall, they cover enough that you wouldn't be lost.  

11 hours ago, showtime said:

The gameplay is fun on its own, story is a solid story non- Star Wars fans could get into. Obviously it’s enriched if you know the time period and context but it’s standalone by in large. Ties into stuff that happens elsewhere but the game explains it enough.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:
13 hours ago, showtime said:

The gameplay is fun on its own, story is a solid story non- Star Wars fans could get into. Obviously it’s enriched if you know the time period and context but it’s standalone by in large. Ties into stuff that happens elsewhere but the game explains it enough.

I'm not even sure I can give a review to someone who didn't play Star Wars. I can't imagine the story would be very gripping without knowledge of at least the movies, let alone things like Cone Wars 

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm not even sure I can give a review to someone who didn't play Star Wars. I can't imagine the story would be very gripping without knowledge of at least the movies, let alone things like Cone Wars 

Yeah it definitely takes something away, I’m sure there are catchup vids out there for it

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Who's collected every stim canister upgrade for a total of 10??

I collected everything. Game was good. For a star wars game it was great. Much easier than dark souls even on the harder difficulties but I really enjoyed it.