Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MKnight82

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I collected everything. Game was good. For a star wars game it was great. Much easier than dark souls even on the harder difficulties but I really enjoyed it. 

I'm at the end of the storyline but only had 3 stim canisters facing Trilla at the end. Had to backtrack for all 10 lol

7 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I'm at the end of the storyline but only had 3 stim canisters facing Trilla at the end. Had to backtrack for all 10 lol

I'm surprised you got to her without the extra stim cans.  The fallen Jedi on Dathomir was tough even on easy. 

I collected everything.  It's one of the few games where I have 100% achievements completed.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm surprised you got to her without the extra stim cans.  The fallen Jedi on Dathomir was tough even on easy. 

I collected everything.  It's one of the few games where I have 100% achievements completed.  

The boss before her. The jedi guy on dathomir was tough. Easiest way to defeat him is to parry the hell out of him and then attack. Parry and then attack. I played on normal level. Once I defeat her imma go back and 100% the game

2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The boss before her. The jedi guy on dathomir was tough. Easiest way to defeat him is to parry the hell out of him and then attack. Parry and then attack. I played on normal level. Once I defeat her imma go back and 100% the game

I never got the parry system down.  I watched a video where a guy took no damage on Grandmaster and was amazed at how well he parried.  Some of the duels were worthy of movies. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I never got the parry system down.  I watched a video where a guy took no damage on Grandmaster and was amazed at how well he parried.  Some of the duels were worthy of movies. 

Parry system is all about timing. You cant do it too early nor too late. Press the LB or R1 depending on your system after your opponent throws out an attack but before it lands. Itll stun them slightly. It does take some to get used to

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Plus if you are getting in on next gen this month I think they doubled the frame rate if I’m remembering correctly.

Interesting to know, I was going to say that I do want to grab this game at some point in time, but I might wait until sometime next year or so when I'll get a NextGen system, once the first round of bugs have been worked out.

• 5 months later...

Getting a full on next gen release

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-video-game-deals

“Coming this summer, we’re excited to announce the next-gen release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, bringing a number of technical improvements to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S console versions of the game. This will be a free cross-generation upgrade to current owners. More details will come soon.”

Considering they already pushed out a next gen patch I’m curious what all this will have.
Ray tracing, better particle effects, volumetric lighting, enhanced textures, improved AI are all things you could hope for.
A 1440p 120 mode would be great...though my TV can't do it.
I guess just having an actual 4k 60 fps mode would be an improvement

This was what that patch did

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

• 8 months later...

Sequel gets an official announcement, along with Respawn making a FPS set in the universe and they are producing a strategy game. Bit Reactor, the new studio making that game, is made up of former Firaxis employees and many of whom worked on the X-Com revivals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Sequel gets an official announcement, along with Respawn making a FPS set in the universe and they are producing a strategy game. Bit Reactor, the new studio making that game, is made up of former Firaxis employees and many of whom worked on the X-Com revivals.

Oh. Hell. Yes. Mentioned on here recently in the What Video Game Are You Playing thread I think that I'd recently replayed Fallen Order and that I'd love a sequel. So I'm absolutely loving this news.

Same developer making it, and an FPS in development too? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.