2 Week Prior Mock

BZski

It has been a while so I figured I would try another mock.

1- DT/DE/OLB- Ed Oliver- a trade down would be tempting but there is NOWAY I would pass on Ed Oliver for this defense. Guy would be an awesome Swiss Army knife in this D.

2- G/T- Dalton Risner- Guy is an Alpha dog that we need on the OL and starts at RG day 1.

TRADE*** AShawn Robinson traded to Atlanta Falcons for pick 79

3- CB- David Long- Thrives in manto man coverage and had an exceptional 3 cone drill which is what the Lions look for in CBs (according to Erick Schlitt)

3- TE- Dawson Knox- Not great production in college but fantastic athleticism and underrated blocking ability. Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez the player not the lunatic.

4- QB- Will Grier- Not sure if he will be here but his name is all over the board. Lions look to find their long-term back up with potential.

5- WR- David Sills- Back to back WV picks but this guy could be a steal. He maybe the best RZ weapon in the entire draft with over 30 TDs the last 2 years of college.

6- MLB- Cameron Smith- The Lions covet big LBers and Smith has the size at 6'3 250 lbs and really was productive at USC.

6- WR- Hunter Renfrow- I dont know how or why but most mock have him dropping to rd 6 or 7. Guy is the perfect slot WR and can take over for Amendola after this season.

7- RB- Bryce Love- This is where you take risks with injured players and Love if healthy gives us the Home Run threat we lack in the backfield right now.

7- OLB- Andrew Van Grinkel- BQ loves Wisconsin LBers as he has picked up multiple in his time and AVG ran a 4.5 40 and has shown in the past the ability to pressure QB and drop into coverage. He had a much better Jr year than Sr year.

I am good with your mock.  I am not the biggest A'Shawn Robinson fan.  He doesn't offer much as a pass-rusher.  He is a really good run-stuffing NT and would be perfect for a team running a 3-4.  He played really well in the latter part of the year after being invisible for the first four games but I think he needs to show some semblance of pass-rush ability to stay on the roster. 

11 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'd rather keep him and have an amazing rotation than trade him for what you got for him.

IDK the most we would get for AR if he were to sign a massive contract is a 3rd rd comp pick. I will admit he was playing really well at the end of the season but in the beginning he was a healthy scratch. I say we get what we can while his value is high. Plus, it has been reported that he would like to get back down south in a warmer climate when he hits FA. Heck I was even optimistic about getting a 3rd rd pick and was just playing off Arthur Blank's recent comments about getting better in the trenches for the Falcons.

Overall, I like this draft. I think the AR trade is a good move assuming that he has no plans to re-sign with us. At least you got the value (3rd) round now as opposed to next year - you also didn't leave a gap (since we've drafted Oliver) and added to a position of need (CB) at the same time.