General News - The Offseason Edition

bucsfan333

In terms of RBs, I think we'll stick with guys like Quizz and McNichols. Having a 1,400 yard Dougie is nice. Having a guy like Fournette would be awesome. But I think Atlanta has the right blueprint for today's NFL. And I think Koetter wants RBs that fit that mold.

I think, in a perfect world, we'd ship off Dougie and roll with Quizz and McNichols as our primary runners with Sims and McNichols as our third down backs.

It's nice to think about Bell in this offense but not really needed.  Depending on how Donovan plays I could see us going OT in the 1st and moving him to RT which should solidify our line and then go after someone like Guice, Jones II, Chubb, or even maybe Barkley, I'm partial to Ronald Jones in the 2nd or 3rd, if we feel that RB is a big enough need.  While I think Dougie is gone sometime this season, Quizz is not the long term answer and Sims is a decent luxury that can be replaced and shown that he isn't ready to be the main back.  McNichols is interesting and I think will get his fair shot this year to become that #1.

1 hour ago, YoungBucs15 said:

It's nice to think about Bell in this offense but not really needed.  Depending on how Donovan plays I could see us going OT in the 1st and moving him to RT which should solidify our line and then go after someone like Guice, Jones II, Chubb, or even maybe Barkley, I'm partial to Ronald Jones in the 2nd or 3rd, if we feel that RB is a big enough need.  While I think Dougie is gone sometime this season, Quizz is not the long term answer and Sims is a decent luxury that can be replaced and shown that he isn't ready to be the main back.  McNichols is interesting and I think will get his fair shot this year to become that #1.

I would love Chubb or Barkley. Both athletic FREAKS

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎31 at 9:20 PM, bucstopshere said:

I would love Chubb or Barkley. Both athletic FREAKS

Barkley is a top 10 pick. No chance we are in a position to take him unless he blows his knee or Winston misses the entire year.

Chubb may be there for us for the taking though. I'm more on board with upgrading the trenches. Smith isn't dominating in camp and Dotson is not the same player he once was a couple years ago. Although the Bucs are very high on Benenoch and have him cross trained as a swing G/T. You can never have enough good offensive linemen, so, I'm with the first round pick on OT.

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Barkley is a top 10 pick. No chance we are in a position to take him unless he blows his knee or Winston misses the entire year.

Chubb may be there for us for the taking though. I'm more on board with upgrading the trenches. Smith isn't dominating in camp and Dotson is not the same player he once was a couple years ago. Although the Bucs are very high on Benenoch and have him cross trained as a swing G/T. You can never have enough good offensive linemen, so, I'm with the first round pick on OT.

Bounce is 34 now and won't be elite forever. CB is gonna be a need too, unless Ryan Smith shows he can be a solid number two.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bounce is 34 now and won't be elite forever. CB is gonna be a need too, unless Ryan Smith shows he can be a solid number two.

I forgot. We should definitely consider drafting a CB round 1. Even with Smith being a solid #2, having three good cornerbacks could be of big use. Don't have to play as much zone coverage and can be a lot more aggressive on defense. Sign me up for OT, CB, or DE with the first pick next year.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:01 PM, indifference said:

I forgot. We should definitely consider drafting a CB round 1. Even with Smith being a solid #2, having three good cornerbacks could be of big use. Don't have to play as much zone coverage and can be a lot more aggressive on defense. Sign me up for OT, CB, or DE with the first pick next year.

Yeah im going to be watching corner closely come CFB season. 

As far as OT, this is a big year for Donovan Smith. I really believe Benonich is our future at RT. He's been getting first team reps.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced today that the team has signed tackle Austin Albrecht and cornerback Vernon Harris.

The team also announced that cornerback Maurice Fleming and tackle Cole Gardner have been waived (injured). 

I thought Fleming had a good game against Jax. Turns out I was wrong. Gardner has been on his way out for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well that seems odd. And it ensures that we're keeping three QBs again, which kinda sends a ripple through the rest of the roster.

Fitzpatrick looks physically done.  I think they won't carry more then 5 Lbs to make allow Griffin on the roster.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Fitzpatrick looks physically done.  I think they won't carry more then 5 Lbs to make allow Griffin on the roster.  

Oh, yeah. Fitz wouldn't make the roster if Griff wasn't hurt. And we only kept five LBs last year. So it makes sense.

Hopefully Griff's healthy by week four. Then we could cut Fitz instead of McNichols or someone else.

Archived