General News - The Offseason Edition

bucsfan333

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/06/dirk-koetter-gotta-make-work/#.WXUD5moHAcc.twitter

Koetter has hired extra quality coach guys so he can be sure to attend every QB meeting this year. He wasn't able to make them all last year. I guess one of his priorities this offseason was figuring out how to make them more frequently. The Glazers let Koetter bring in those extra guys. That doesn't sound like something that would have happened five years ago.

We took down Doug Martin's banner at Ray Jay. Not sure if there's anything to read into, or if it's just because he's coming off an awful, injury-riddled season that was capped off with a suspension. But I thought it was interesting.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We took down Doug Martin's banner at Ray Jay. Not sure if there's anything to read into, or if it's just because he's coming off an awful, injury-riddled season that was capped off with a suspension. But I thought it was interesting.

I doubt it's anything this late into the off-season...

Probably because he was suspended. Don't want to promote that...

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Oh you got my hopes up... ;)

He's not a focal part of the team anymore. No need to have a 100' image of him on the stadium. McCoy, Winston, Evans, Martin, David... pretty easy to see who belongs and who doesn't in that group. Hope he balls out this season though. Give it one last push for old times sake. 

Jacky Smith is starting the season on the PUP. Which is a bummer because we need him. We need more speed on defense. And I wanna see him build off his seven sack season from a couple years ago before he started battling injuries.

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jacky Smith is starting the season on the PUP. Which is a bummer because we need him. We need more speed on defense. And I wanna see him build off his seven sack season from a couple years ago before he started battling injuries.

he'll be good to go by the time the season rolls around. Cant wait to see him opposite of Spence on passing downs

44 minutes ago, bucstopshere said:

he'll be good to go by the time the season rolls around. Cant wait to see him opposite of Spence on passing downs

How slow and rusty is he gonna be? lol

I can't remember the last time he's actually practiced and gotten reps.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:46 PM, bucstopshere said:

"Yeah, well, we’re real healthy. We’re fortunate to be in a good spot health wise. Except for Jacquies Smith. He had a little set back. He’ll have a little procedure done this afternoon on his knee and he’s gonna be out for a few weeks. We hope to get him back at some point."

That's from Koetter. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a DaQuan Bowers situation. There always seems to be a setback. Every time

I know that this is a little far stretched, more like food for thought but looking into the whole Bell situation.  While we are in great cap space now, we have an extension going to Evans soon, followed by Winston, Kwon and some other cheaper contracts but those 3 being the largest.  Bell wants a huge chunk of change but would take this offense to a whole nother level.  Understanding that to much money would be tied up on the offensive side of the ball and that backs can be brought in cheaper but if we can swap Martin's contract and paid Bell what he was looking for, we aren't really getting in that big of cap trouble, right now Martin is about a 5.6M hit and will grow to 7M if he finishes out his contract.  I would assume that Bell is looking to make close to 13 as he is getting 12.3M with the tag.  I'm not saying that I think this will happen but is a good conversation about potential pieces on this team. Would put it at about a 1% chance of happening though. 

Bell already has a lot of miles. He plays over 90% of their snaps. That's nuts. And he's probably looking to be the highest paid RB ever. Let's stick with $13M, like you said.

Carr just got $25M per, and AB is making $17M per. Those are two HUGE numbers. And two numbers we're gonna be damn close to, or even exceed.

Spending $55M per year on three offensive guys is insane. The cap is $167M and expected to increase over the next few years. And I don't care. That's A LOT of money to be paying a QB, RB, and WR. And it could end up putting us in a similar situation to Detroit. They had to let Suh walk. I don't wanna lose guys like Kwon, Marpet, Spence, and VHIIII because we've got 1/3 of our cap invested in three guys.

I don't see the Bucs being players in the FA market for a RB. Bell is a special talent no doubt but I think Bucs could use that money elsewhere to fix our weaknesses. Both OT spots are huge question marks as of today and going forward. The depth after Hargreaves is a question mark, and then maybe you can look at upgrading the RB position.

Shocked I'm saying it actually but I don't think it'd be wise to go after Bell. 

Not because we couldn't use a pig back there because I want one in the worst way. Big fan of us drafting Cook early in the offseason. That money though should be used elsewhere though. Draft time is when we should get the final weapon for Winston. 

Winston, Evans, Howard, ?

Archived