General News - The Offseason Edition

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So he might be back before week seven... And he counts against our final 53.

Considering they are likely to carry 3 Qbs on the active roster, you would think he would be closer to returning week 3 or 4.  If the expectation is later, it would make more sense to put him on PUP.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Considering they are likely to carry 3 Qbs on the active roster, you would think he would be closer to returning week 3 or 4.  If the expectation is later, it would make more sense to put him on PUP.  

I'd almost rather cut our losses. Dude has been decent with us, but he can't stay healthy. He's 27, so he should be able to catch on somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd almost rather cut our losses. Dude has been decent with us, but he can't stay healthy. He's 27, so he should be able to catch on somewhere else.

IMO, no way they keep Ryan Russell over Smith if they think he will be healthy.   As far as who might be cut tough to tell.  However,  with Licht putting a claim in for Early, pretty sure he isn't thrilled with his depth at DE.  Ayers, Gholston,  and Spence are locks.  After that the number 4 DE is up for grabs.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, no way they keep Ryan Russell over Smith if they think he will be healthy.   As far as who might be cut tough to tell.  However,  with Licht putting a claim in for Early, pretty sure he isn't thrilled with his depth at DE.  Ayers, Gholston,  and Spence are locks.  After that the number 4 DE is up for grabs.

I could see us keeping Johnson and maybe Russell. I think Smith is gonna stick around. I think we'll keep five or six DEs and three or four DTs. It really sounds like we want a consistent rotation. Gholston is a two down DE, as well as Siliga/Stevie T (whoever we keep, probably Siliga at this point). 

I'd guess something like

Ayers, Spence, Smith

McCoy, Baker, McDonald, Siliga

Gholston, Johnson

At the very least. We could always keep Russell. Or make a waiver claim for someone / steal from someone's PS. You're right about our lack of depth. 

Mehdi Abdesmad was a guy we picked up last week. He could stick around somehow too. PS would be my guess. But Licht must've seen something to make the move so late.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

And it's expected to be heavy rain during the game on Sunday...

Man why couldn't we start the first 2 weeks on the road this year...

Certainly subject to change, but everything I have read says chance of thunderstorms.  At least they are starting at 1pm to avoid the late afternoon rainfall this time of year.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

I doubt he gets in first ballot but eventually we'll see Ronde be in the HOF. His last years as a Buc playing safety, I thought he played well.

I agree his resume is worthy.  My concern is the guys who vote are a weird bunch.  Right and a great wrong is Ronde is profiled as strictly a zone coverage CB. I don't think Ronde and Lynch both get in the hall.  Maybe the other from the veterans nomination much later.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:
3 hours ago, indifference said:

I doubt he gets in first ballot but eventually we'll see Ronde be in the HOF. His last years as a Buc playing safety, I thought he played well.

I agree his resume is worthy.  My concern is the guys who vote are a weird bunch.  Right and a great wrong is Ronde is profiled as strictly a zone coverage CB. I don't think Ronde and Lynch both get in the hall.  Maybe the other from the veterans nomination much later.

I'll be shocked if he gets in first ballot. Especially with guys like Moss and Hutchinson getting their first crack at it too.

I think Barber deserves to be in the Hall. I'm more iffy on Lynch. Probably not, honestly. He doesn't have the sexy stats.

Simeon Rice is up too. And he absolutely deserves it. He was one of the best in his prime. And he's got the stats to back it up, as well as a ring.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll be shocked if he gets in first ballot. Especially with guys like Moss and Hutchinson getting their first crack at it too.

I think Barber deserves to be in the Hall. I'm more iffy on Lynch. Probably not, honestly. He doesn't have the sexy stats.

Simeon Rice is up too. And he absolutely deserves it. He was one of the best in his prime. And he's got the stats to back it up, as well as a ring.

Barber will get in. Just off the mere fact he was one of the pieces that helped turn around an absolutely terrible franchise. Brooks, Sapp, and Barber were the cornerstones for that. Lynch probably may not get in. What Barber has going for him is that he is part of an elite CB that only Charles Woodson achieved. 20 sacks/20 picks and a ring.

Lynch doesn't really have much statistically value other then he went to multiple pro bowls. Rice is a HOF candidate too but it's a lot of great DL before him that has yet been elected in. So I'm not sure if we'll ever see him go in. Unfortunately that during his time Strahan, Jason Taylor, and Dwight Freeney kind of received more national attention.

Archived