General News - The Offseason Edition

bucsfan333

5 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I know some around here don’t think we should ever spend in FA. Damn that’s a ton of cash and after extending Evans I hope we dump a most of it. “Wash always sucked but they spent the most in fA”... look what the Jags have done with their def the last two years. I want some of that!

I have no qualms with spending money in FA as long as it doesn't stop us from resigning our own. I wouldn't mind throwing $12M or so at Ziggy Ansah, for starters.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I have no qualms with spending money in FA as long as it doesn't stop us from resigning our own. I wouldn't mind throwing $12M or so at Ziggy Ansah, for starters.

Yea I dunno he has been kinda meh this year and still batlling injuries but YOLO might as well go for it he is a nice piece for sure.  Do you think Lions let him walk?

49 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea I dunno he has been kinda meh this year and still batlling injuries but YOLO might as well go for it he is a nice piece for sure.  Do you think Lions let him walk?

I don't know. OTC has them at $54M in cap space next year.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't know. OTC has them at $54M in cap space next year.

They definitely need a pass rush...  They do have Hyder coming back I'm pretty sure. not 100% he could be in a contract year as well IIRC.    Will be interesting to see what they do.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Impressive. Dude's been ballin' this year.

Great player. Has outplayed Alexander by a wide margin this year. Which is good because we thought David forgot how to play football after having a down year before. Need to hurry up and get pieces around him so we can make our playoff run before his prime runs out.

And we've had, what, the two from Clifton Smith since then? Hump had a punt return TD against Cleveland in the preseason this year or last. Can't remember. But that doesn't count.

We should put DJax back there since we don't seem to care about keeping him involved in the offense. Make special teams exciting for us again. I never expect Quizz and Hump  to have big returns like I did with even a guy like Reedy.

I don't really know where I'm going with this rambling. It's early. icon_lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived