General News - The Offseason Edition

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So how does everyone feel about keeping Marpet at C with this coaching staff instead of placing him back at RG where he is top 5 in the league?

I think it depends on who we bring in to replace Pamphile. If we find a center, Marpet can move back. If we find a guard, Marpet stays.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think it depends on who we bring in to replace Pamphile. If we find a center, Marpet can move back. If we find a guard, Marpet stays.

I agree. However, with this coaching staff I feel they will try to keep him a C and find a G vs the opposite.

So here is Winstons stats this year(and career).

Kinda interesting that at the start of the year, we assumed Winston was regressing. Stats wise, it's a different story. He had his best QB rating and completion percentage season so far. Only thing that sucks is he didn't hit 4k yards but he was absent in 3 games. 3500 yards in 13 games is still not bad. He would of without a doubt went over 4k if he wouldn't have gotten injured

Winston.png

If you want to see a regressing QB, look up Mariota's stats.

13 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I agree. However, with this coaching staff I feel they will try to keep him a C and find a G vs the opposite.

My concern with keeping Marpet at center is that both guard positions could not consistently hold up alone in pass protection.  If there is at least one guard who you feel confident can hold up by himself, then they can slide protection to the weaker link.  This year with Marpet at center it was like choose a side.  I hope Warhop is not resigned, then at least there is a chance of a change.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived