Week 4 Preseason Games

TheVillain112

Final preseason games of the year.  Dallas vs. Texans has been cancelled, and rumor is the Saints/Ravens might be cancelled as well.

Jaguars @ Falcons

Bengals @ Colts

Eagles @ Jets

Redskins @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Vikings

Ravens @ Saints

Titans @ Chiefs

Chargers @ 49ers

Rams @ Packers

Lions @ Bils

Giants @ Patriots

Steelers @ Panthers

Cowboys @ Texans (Cancelled)

Browns @ Bears

Cardinals @ Broncos

Seahawks @ Raiders

Any good roster battles worth mentioning in the final week?

The Bucs have a bunch of guys battling for the fifth (or sixth, but probably fifth) WR spot. Bernard Reedy, Donteea Dye, Josh Huff, Freddie Martino, Bobo Wilson, and Derel Walker are all playing for a roster spot. I think Huff has the upper hand. But Reedy has flashed lately.

Jeremy McNichols is battling for a roster spot. He's done alright running/receiving. But he can't seem to figure out pass blocking, which is a big no-no. If he still hasn't figured it out, I'd expect we try to put him on the practice squad... And abruptly lose him. He's a good back, but he's probably gonna get lost in a crowded backfield.

Our LBs are set for the most part. David, Kwon, and Beckwith look like the starters. Bond was a starter before he got hurt. But there doesn't seem to be a timeline for his return. And he was IRd all last year too. I'd imagine he starts on the PUP unless he heals up overnight. Glanton is a great backup. So that leaves at least (and likely) one LB spot. We've got UDFAs Bullough and Brown playing for a roster spot, but probably for a spot on the practice squad. Knox and Lynch were around last year, but I don't think that gives them an advantage.

Brate, Howard, Stocker, and Cross are all given at TE. Auclair (the Canadian UDFA) and Westbrook are battling for what is probably one roster spot. I think Auclair will take it, but Westbrook was around last year.

We need to figure out who's returning kicks. Huff, Reedy, and Ryan Smith seem to be the top choices right now; with Smith in the lead. Huff or Reedy can guarantee themselves a roster spot with a big return or two. But we desperately need someone to emerge.

Texans have seen everything they needed to see, so not too much of a worry to drop this game. RB is going to be an interesting cut down - you currently have Miller, Blue, Foreman, Hunt, Ervin and Ogunbowale. Ogunbowale is PS, while Miller, Foreman and Ervin are virtual locks. 

It was a toss up between Hunt and Blue, and Blue had the inside track by a slim margin.

Defensive Back would be another interesting race. Joseph, Jackson and Johnson are locks (but Johnson could have benefitted from extra reps). From there, you had the rookie Decoud, Denzel Rice and Robert Nelson. All of em might make the team, but Nelson needed to show and do more. Rice might be a bit of a find.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I feel like unless Blake has an amazing turnaround once the reg. season starts there is no way Allen doesnt start sometime relatively soon.

I can't believe that they would go to Allen like that already. I mean, i'd love for them too, because it's a great story, but has there been any talk of him playing with 1's or getting real first team reps or maybe forcing Jax's hands? 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't believe that they would go to Allen like that already. I mean, i'd love for them too, because it's a great story, but has there been any talk of him playing with 1's or getting real first team reps or maybe forcing Jax's hands? 

Rapapport said a few days ago Allen has fans in the org. and if Blake doesnt get better he sees Allen taking over at some point this season.

We're going to have a new QB that isnt on the roster unless Blake improves drastically anyway...so its not a huge deal.

Archived