Hair Loss Coffee Talk

jonu62882

On 4/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, freak_of_nature said:

I'm 35 and only have a slight recession in the up left and right corners of my hairline. But my hair isn't that short, so I can swipe it and cover it up a bit.

I'm looking into onion and garlic oil. I've heard good things about those. I might try minoxidil on the recession spots, too.

Idk, I'm thinkin the onion and garlic will drive the women away more than any hair loss...

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

For the guys that shave, do you just BIC it or buzz with clippers no guard?

Both - buzz with clippers/no guard, then I use a razor going against the grain to get all of the hair out. Gentle, don't jam it into your skull or you'll scalp yourself and probably die.

Speaking of which - if you do use a razor, you'll bleed when you jump in the shower to rinse off. It'll look like a scene out of some gory murder movie...just blood everywhere. It's NOT that bad, you're not going to die. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've always felt that biceps, triceps, and pecs make up for a receding hairline. I'm 100% serious.

Rocking the bald head, delts, bi's and tri's basically makes me a superhero.

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Both - buzz with clippers/no guard, then I use a razor going against the grain to get all of the hair out. Gentle, don't jam it into your skull or you'll scalp yourself and probably die.

Speaking of which - if you do use a razor, you'll bleed when you jump in the shower to rinse off. It'll look like a scene out of some gory murder movie...just blood everywhere. It's NOT that bad, you're not going to die. 

See when I shaved my head last Halloween, I didn't bleed, but I did get crazy bad razor burn on the back of my head and neck.  That and it grew back to the point where it was the same as clippers with no guard in two days.  I plan on just doing clippers once I take the plunge, at least until I lose enough to where being more careful with a razor doesn't take forever, since I'll only need to shave half of it.

Also, screw yall that just came in here to say you're not losing your hair.  Eat ****.

Clippers with no guard. 

I have a 7” scar running down my dome-piece from a car accident, so I’d have to shave my head even if I wasn’t afflicted with baldness (which I am), because hair won’t grow there anyways.

If you’re gonna shave your head, I’d recommend a huge scar to show people you’re hard to kill 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or awful at driving...

Believe it or not, a woman was at fault for the accident. Crazy, right? She thought crossing into my lane at 55 mph would be fun. 

My car didn’t have airbags, fortunately the windshield works about the same, just a little more abruptly and with much less give.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Believe it or not, a woman was at fault for the accident. Crazy, right? She thought crossing into my lane at 55 mph would be fun. 

My car didn’t have airbags, fortunately the windshield works about the same, just a little more abruptly and with much less give.

A hammer to your skull is the least of your concerns...

Just now, ET80 said:

A hammer to your skull is the least of your concerns...

The hammer was the worse of the two brain injuries by far.

I actually self-extricated from my car with a fractured vertebrae, nerve damage in my left leg and blood covering my face and most of my body. Like a badass. 

When I took the hammer to the head like one of the three stooges I was dizzy for like a month lmao 

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See when I shaved my head last Halloween, I didn't bleed, but I did get crazy bad razor burn on the back of my head and neck.  That and it grew back to the point where it was the same as clippers with no guard in two days.  I plan on just doing clippers once I take the plunge, at least until I lose enough to where being more careful with a razor doesn't take forever, since I'll only need to shave half of it.

I usually get razor burn if I'm pressing too hard or if I'm using something like a disposable razor. 

On that note - invest in a good razor. I use Harry's and they work like a charm (even though they say they're not for shaving your head). You get what you pay for in this respect.

Next lesson - balms, after shave and other things to keep your scalp feeling smooth.

Archived