Visual Representation of Sashi's Wizardry

ditchdigger

I can't imagine being more on board with a FO's vision. I like Heckert when he was here, have been between hatred and meh for most of the others, but this is my dream FO. They're finding all the inefficiencies that already existed but for some reason only a couple teams really exploited (over-valuing of early 1sts, undervaluing of late 1st-early 3rd round picks, the compensatory pick system's manipulability), but they're also trying to find and exploit new ones as well (the clear emphasis on drafting very young players, trading picks for players whose teams can't afford to resign them, being a salary dump to get a pick). I love all of it. I'd give them all contracts through the end of 2019 (three more years) and make sure they know that they have total freedom in that period.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

I can't imagine being more on board with a FO's vision. I like Heckert when he was here, have been between hatred and meh for most of the others, but this is my dream FO. They're finding all the inefficiencies that already existed but for some reason only a couple teams really exploited (over-valuing of early 1sts, undervaluing of late 1st-early 3rd round picks, the compensatory pick system's manipulability), but they're also trying to find and exploit new ones as well (the clear emphasis on drafting very young players, trading picks for players whose teams can't afford to resign them, being a salary dump to get a pick). I love all of it. I'd give them all contracts through the end of 2019 (three more years) and make sure they know that they have total freedom in that period.

And the best part in my mind is that they're not building this for one win-now window, I legitimately think they are trying to set themselves up to have extra 1st-4th round picks every year for the foreseeable future. Which is the best possible idea if you're trying to build a team to compete long term, giving yourself a way to replace guys aging out or getting too expensive with cheap, early round players.

Archived