Let's go CRAZY with multiple trades

zappa13004

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I would much rather take Baker and then get a WR and/or TE in the 2nd or 3rd.

works for me (Baker). Metcalf was the pick because of the opportunity. I did hesitate with Abram though, im okay for a CB as a need but a safety like Abram would be nice too in Spags' system.

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

trades mock and the eagles don't trade? I actually dont think they pick at 25 this year.

you right, i think lots of fans around the country would like to have a GM like him who is a magician, always working the cap, making moves in FA or the draft. I made a lot in that mock but not with the Eagles though it is very possible..

21 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

32 New England Patriots : Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma
They do have needs at the position and the Hollywood native (florida) is not only a speedy guy, he runs routes too in various alignments.

I don't dislike the player but think he has 2nd round value. Plus you us passing on Jerry Tillery and AJ Brown, 2 much better players imo.

8 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

works for me (Baker). Metcalf was the pick because of the opportunity. I did hesitate with Abram though, im okay for a CB as a need but a safety like Abram would be nice too in Spags' system.

I don’t dislike Abram. But looking at contracts, CB is a bigger need. I think we would be fine rolling with Mathieu, Lucas, and Watts. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Okay. I thought OG more a pressing need than OT and i really like Lindstrom so that had an influence on me. Reiff to OG ? I didn't think about that. Do you think he can ? NOt later than last week i read an interesting post on sbnation from Geoff Schwartz about OT switching to guard or changing side. A nice read paper if you look for it. JOnah Williams is very good and he has experience on both sides of the line. Bradbury is my #22 so you can guess i think he would be legit at 18.

Right now OG is a more pressing need and i have nothing against Lindstrom at all. Would be thrilled to get him on our line but i still think it is a reach 18, especially with Jonah and Dillard on the board. Maybe after a trade down to later in the 1st, if Jonah and Dillard are off the board already.

Our starter at LG right now would be either Danny Isidora or Brett Jones, both of whom started/played the first couple of games last year. Outside shot would be Dakota Dozier who we recently signed. All 3 have some experience but nothing that blows you away and you really want starting. 

As far as Reiff, there was some rumblings that he wasnt pulling his weight at T (which i agree with) and could be moved to G. Im not a huge fan of the move, but he isnt a great LT imo. So if he could be a decent LG while we find a LT in the draft, then that would be a good move. We need a long term answer at LT, so this would be solving a few problems. Although, we would still need to find a long term solution at LG. If we like someone more at RT in the draft then we could slide O'Neill over to LT. I thought he did great on the right side last year and would rather just leave him there. Hence, why I would rather find a LT type in RD1. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Right now OG is a more pressing need and i have nothing against Lindstrom at all. Would be thrilled to get him on our line but i still think it is a reach 18, especially with Jonah and Dillard on the board. Maybe after a trade down to later in the 1st, if Jonah and Dillard are off the board already.

Our starter at LG right now would be either Danny Isidora or Brett Jones, both of whom started/played the first couple of games last year. Outside shot would be Dakota Dozier who we recently signed. All 3 have some experience but nothing that blows you away and you really want starting. 

As far as Reiff, there was some rumblings that he wasnt pulling his weight at T (which i agree with) and could be moved to G. Im not a huge fan of the move, but he isnt a great LT imo. So if he could be a decent LG while we find a LT in the draft, then that would be a good move. We need a long term answer at LT, so this would be solving a few problems. Although, we would still need to find a long term solution at LG. If we like someone more at RT in the draft then we could slide O'Neill over to LT. I thought he did great on the right side last year and would rather just leave him there. Hence, why I would rather find a LT type in RD1. Just my thoughts.

and i like your thought. to discuss a bit more, i do not think Lindstrom would be a reach. Reading mocks yes because he is rarely that high but i think he is better than Ragnow who were a 1st round pick. I dont remember when but Zimmer said he wants to run the football better or maybe it was Kubiak ? But 30th in yards per game for sure you need to improve your ground game and i don't think than there is a better lineman for the run game in this draft than Lindstrom . Sure Dillard is good and LT has more value as a position.