What NFL player do you believe is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

Isn’t Kirk Cousin the Vikings QB at least two more years?

Carr has to put up the best year of his career if he wants to stay a Raider. Something like 30 TDs 7 INTs 4100 yards 8.1 YPA. 

He had the least amount of air yards in the league last year although had Bottom 3 Pass Protection and Bottom 3 Receiving Core. No excuses this year though, either perform at a Top 5-8 QB level or you are gone. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jamies Winston and Marcus Mariota are steering down the barrel of bust vs franchise qb. 

Nationally nobody cares about those teams though. As long as neither stink this year they will get extensions 

10 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Because gruden wants his own guy?

Carr is an above average QB

I’m not a fan of keeping “above average QBs”. You should upgrade any position you can any chance you can. How’d that work out with the Ravens and Bengals with Flacco and Dalton? Among numerous other teams. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not a fan of keeping “above average QBs”. You can upgrade any position you can any chance you can. How’d that work out with the Ravens and Bengals with Flacco and Dalton? Among numerous other teams. 

The ravens got a championship out of it and dalton isn’t the reason that team hasn’t won one. 

Theres only  about 5 superstar year in year out QBs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The ravens got a championship out of it and dalton isn’t the reason that team hasn’t won one. 

Theres only  about 5 superstar year in year out QBs. 

Ravens got a championship out of it before they paid him. I’m ok with an above average QB if he’s making nickels and filling out the roster. 

And Carr hasn’t been above average since 2016. Below average in both 2017 and 2018.

I'll go with Winston / Mariota. Cousins is under pressure, but given his contract is fully guaranteed for next season, nothing is going to happen if he bombs. Mariota and Winston are on their option, neither has been overly impressive for long stretches of time, but both have flashed at various times. 

Derek Carr is certainly on the hot seat. 

Jimmy G I view in the same boat as his coach, Shanny. It's a big year for them, but regardless of what happens, I think that they are back for 2020 as a make or break year. They could already cut him after this year and have only 4 million in dead money while saving 22 million, so the option is already there for them to let him go if he bombs. I Don't think that they would pull the trigger, but it's an option and has to be accounted for. 

Depends on what you mean here. If you mean the most pressure in terms of like head coaches on the hot seat, guys in danger of losing their job if they don't succeed, probably some mix of Eli Manning, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Derek Carr. The first 3 are free agents in a year, the 4th is very cuttable in a year with a head coach who I don't think would hesitate to do it. But those 4 don't necessarily need to do great, or anything. I think most of them could miss the playoffs and keep their jobs still if they play well.

So if you mean who is under the most pressure to have a great season, I think that's kind of a different question. I think Rodgers will have a ton of media pressure just due to what has gone on this offseason in Green Bay. It's been a couple years since the Packers were relevant, McCarthy is gone, former players are are talking to the media, I think there's pressure to return to the norm there. Kirk Cousins will be under a lot of pressure. His contract isn't that long, there was definite disappointment last year, and he doesn't really have any visible excuses to not perform, individually and as a team. I could also see an argument for Ben, Rivers, or Brees. Just guys who are running out of time that either haven't won one or haven't won one recently.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ravens got a championship out of it before they paid him. I’m ok with an above average QB if he’s making nickels and filling out the roster. 

And Carr hasn’t been above average since 2016. Below average in both 2017 and 2018.

If he gets to above average this season they aren’t getting rid of him. Teams don’t have this superstar or bust mentality with QBs that fans do. Just don’t suck