What NFL player do you believe is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

On 4/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Agree 6k and 60tds or bust, especially without a strong running game

Running game will still be strong. We get a decent amount of our rushing production from scheme, and statistically we averaged the exact same number of rushing yards post-bye with Hunt suspended as we did pre-bye with Hunt on the field. Hunt was a great back, but neither Reid nor our offense really need one.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Probably Danny Shelton. He’s a big fat slob. Those knees could buckle at any time. 

I'm disappointed you went with Danny Shelton when this could've been a post about Kelvin Benjamin.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm disappointed you went with Danny Shelton when this could've been a post about Kelvin Benjamin.

Aren’t they the same guy? I thought it was like a Chad Johnson vs. Chad Ochocinco deal. 

Its crazy how quickly Benjamin fell off. 

17 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

AB or OBJ.  Lots of pressure to show that it was a mistake to ship them off.

AB doesn't really have to prove it was a mistake, he is the one who forced them to trade him.

What he really needs to do is make sure he doesn't get outperformed by Juju. If he goes to Oakland and has significantly worse years whereas Juju continues to grow and has great years with Ben, then he is gonna significantly tarnish his status as one of the best WRs of all time.

I am going to go with Baker Mayfield.

I know all the arrows are pointing up right now. But look at the talent that they have surrounded him with. I did not include OBJ in this group because I think he will be fine - he is proven at the NFL level. Baker had a wonderful, monster rookie season. But that is just it - it was one rookie season.

And he has the pressure of an entire fan base on his shoulders - plus 20 years of frustration. If he fails to continue to build on his great rookie campaign, I can see the fans turning against him. Personally, I think his track record through college and this past year discounts that possibility, and I expect him to continue to grow.

But weirder things have happened.

20 hours ago, Pugger said:

GMTA

He hasn't been playing like we are used to seeing and all eyes will be on how he and our new HC get along.

What are the chances that Rodgers steamrolls all over his new coach, disregards any suggestions or coaching he doesn’t like and does whatever he wants? Serious question. 

Rodgers has to have the most pressure after the ugly offseason he has had. Packers have to be back in the post season or more changes might me coming for Green Bay.

Others might be Rivers and Brees. Both are QBing two of the most stacked teams and need to deliver on that talent soon.

Why is everyone putting Mariota on their lists?  3 straight seasons of going 9-7 isn't the worst position to be in... especially when he has a relatively recent playoff win under his belt

Cousins is probably on the hot seat simply because everyone predicted the vikings to be superbowl favorites and they didn't even make the playoffs.

nick Foles is probably under a lot of pressure since he saved the Eagle's season twice and the Jaguars are probably expecting the same magic.

6 hours ago, thedorchannel said:

Why is everyone putting Mariota on their lists?  3 straight seasons of going 9-7 isn't the worst position to be in... especially when he has a relatively recent playoff win under his belt

Because to this point, he's been very underwhelming in terms of what he's done from a production standpoint. Any starting QB with his stats would be under scrutiny, let alone the #2 pick in the draft. There's also the injury history, I don't think he's completed a full 16 games yet (not recently at least).

The Titans don't win because of Mariota, they win in spite of Mariota. As a 5th year guy at QB, you would expect some sort of progression - and we haven't seen that so far. 

Archived