What NFL player do you believe is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

On 4/16/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jakuvious said:

Running game will still be strong. We get a decent amount of our rushing production from scheme, and statistically we averaged the exact same number of rushing yards post-bye with Hunt suspended as we did pre-bye with Hunt on the field. Hunt was a great back, but neither Reid nor our offense really need one.

While this may be true, Kareem hunt was a perfect fit for that offense. He is incredible catching passes and breaking tackles. He is great in pass protection and had a nose for the endzone. 

He was reliable. Never fumbled and was basically always healthy. He is one of the few every down workhorses in the game. 

Running backs are a dime a dozen, but let's not pretend that Kareem hunt isn't a special player. 

He was a big loss no matter how you slice it. 

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

While this may be true, Kareem hunt was a perfect fit for that offense. He is incredible catching passes and breaking tackles. He is great in pass protection and had a nose for the endzone. 

He was reliable. Never fumbled and was basically always healthy. He is one of the few every down workhorses in the game. 

Running backs are a dime a dozen, but let's not pretend that Kareem hunt isn't a special player. 

He was a big loss no matter how you slice it. 

History, statistics, and positional value are not on your side here. We did not miss a beat without him. Our difference in rushing production from 2016 without him to 2017 with him basically amounts to Alex Smith's better rushing production. Our rushing production from with him 2018 to without him 2018 was identical. We've had similar production rushing and from our backs as receivers throughout Reid's entire tenure, whether that has been Charles, Ware, West, Hunt, or now Williams. There is no statistical trend you can find to justify calling him a big loss. He's a good RB. Losing a good RB is not a big loss. He was maybe the 5th or 6th most valuable player on our offense last season. Honestly.

Hunt to Williams is a step down in player quality. Sure. But in production? In value? The difference will be minimal. History shows that, last year's statistical production shows that. I find it hard to be concerned at a position where we've had 5 starters in as many years without a noticeable difference in rushing production.

@Jakuvious like I said, you make a valid and sound argument. Running backs are replaceable, especially in Kansas City and are therefore a dime a dozen. 

But with this reasoning, why would any team bother having a good running back? Take kamara off new Orleans, you mean to tell me there won't be any drop off with their team? 

The bottom line is that hunt is undoubtedly a top 5 running back, so unless you replace him with someone who is of equal calibur, there will be SOME amount of dropoff over a large sample size. 

Khunt broke an unbelievable amount of tackles with those tree trunk thighs. He can run any route you ask him to even down field, has terrific hands, can pass block, never fumbles. He has been very durable 

The only reason he was your '5th option' was because he didn't get enough touches for no other reason than Andy Reid forgets he even has a running back sometimes. I understand that it sounds like I am making my case for you, that Andy doesn't run the ball a lot and therefore doesn't need a dominant running back, but his value as a receiver cannot be understated and I think you will be hard pressed to find 5 other guys you'd rather give the ball to when you do need to run the ball. 

With that being said, I am getting whoever ends up being KCs RB in fantasy football next year lol the statistical production will be there but that doesn't always tell the story 

57 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Hunt to Williams is a step down in player quality. Sure. But in production? In value? The difference will be minimal. 

Production, perhaps not. But you don’t think going from Hunt to Williams greatly effects how the defense plays KC? Mahomes largely slowed down in efficiency once Hunt was out. Maybe his pace just wasn’t sustainable, but it’s noticeable both statistically and visually IMO.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Production, perhaps not. But you don’t think going from Hunt to Williams greatly effects how the defense plays KC? Mahomes largely slowed down in efficiency once Hunt was out. Maybe his pace just wasn’t sustainable, but it’s noticeable both statistically and visually IMO.

From a gameplan perspective, Hunt was a tertiary threat to Hill and Kelce, in that order. I don't think the player at the RB position has much effect at all on how teams would gameplan against our offense. Like, I see this vague suggestion of how teams would play against us with or without Hunt, but what exactly are you implying would change? Number of men in the box is largely a function of number of blockers, not RB quality. That's long been proven. Maybe it changes who they cover the RB with? But again that's a tertiary concern to teams making sure they have a S to account for Hill and that they have someone capable covering Kelce. So it isn't like Hunt was commanding the opposing team's best cover S or LB. He's a good receiver but he's not Alvin Kamara or Marshall Faulk splitting out wide or running a full route tree. He's good on screens but Reid/Bieniemy have made any RB we've had good at screens. Save Knile Davis, I suppose.

I guess, tl;dr, no, I don't think it will greatly effect how other teams play us. And I'd appreciate someone being more specific in how they think it would.

3 hours ago, N4L said:

@Jakuvious like I said, you make a valid and sound argument. Running backs are replaceable, especially in Kansas City and are therefore a dime a dozen. 

But with this reasoning, why would any team bother having a good running back? Take kamara off new Orleans, you mean to tell me there won't be any drop off with their team? 

The bottom line is that hunt is undoubtedly a top 5 running back, so unless you replace him with someone who is of equal calibur, there will be SOME amount of dropoff over a large sample size. 

Khunt broke an unbelievable amount of tackles with those tree trunk thighs. He can run any route you ask him to even down field, has terrific hands, can pass block, never fumbles. He has been very durable 

The only reason he was your '5th option' was because he didn't get enough touches for no other reason than Andy Reid forgets he even has a running back sometimes. I understand that it sounds like I am making my case for you, that Andy doesn't run the ball a lot and therefore doesn't need a dominant running back, but his value as a receiver cannot be understated and I think you will be hard pressed to find 5 other guys you'd rather give the ball to when you do need to run the ball. 

With that being said, I am getting whoever ends up being KCs RB in fantasy football next year lol the statistical production will be there but that doesn't always tell the story 

You bother to have a good RB because a drafted one is cheap and it is still a position on a football team. Keep in mind Hunt was on a rookie contract as a mid-round pick. It isn't like there was high investment for us to get that good RB. That's why we bothered to have a good RB. But every year there are debates over whether it's worth drafting a RB at a certain point (see Gurley, Elliott, Barkley) or if it's worth paying a RB a big second contract (see Bell, Johnson, Gurley.) The drop off between a great RB and a serviceable one is lower than that same drop off at virtually any position. The value just isn't there.

Also, I did not see he was the 5th option. I said he was the 5th or 6th most valuable player. It was much preferable to lose him than to lose Mahomes or Kelce or Hill or either of out OTs.

I also never said there won't be any drop off. I said that it will not be a "big loss," in response to you saying it would, in those words. I'm not arguing no change, I'm arguing the amount of change. There may be tackles not broken that Hunt would have. A ball fumbled that Hunt would've retained. But YPA will be similar. Offensive output will be similar. Defensive gameplans will be similar. There will be small difference but the overall impact of that difference will be negligible.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, malak1 said:

What are the chances that Rodgers steamrolls all over his new coach, disregards any suggestions or coaching he doesn’t like and does whatever he wants? Serious question. 

I think the opinion that Rodgers is the type of diva who will boss around the new coach and will not take direction is overblown.   

• Like 1