3 75 to Kansas City  
3  100  ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford  from CAR* 
4 114 to Kansas City  
4  118  OT Chuma Edoga, USC  from WAS 
5  150  RB Benny Snell, Kentucky   
6  185  CB Tim Harris, Virginia   
6  194  S/CB Lukas Denis, Boston College  from SEA 
7  226  WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Texas   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-2019-254-picks-34-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

The Packers pass on the chance to take T.J. Hockenson at No. 12, trading back four spots and snagging an extra third-round pick before adding Ford, a tackle who should immediately thrive inside at guard, where his plus blocking skills will shine. The Packers can also develop his pass protection and eventually move him to tackle should an opening arise down the road. The team then doubles up on Sooners by snagging the ultra talented Brown at receiver, who is as undersized as he is explosive. It's frightening to think what Aaron Rodgers could do with a weapon like that.  

Allen is a quality defensive end who should fit well in Green Bay's scheme, and while he'll contribute immediately as a rotational player, he can be a long-term starter should Mike Daniels leave in free agency after this season. The Packers then trade up 14 spots to get back in the second round for Sternberger, a move tight end who will give Rodgers another receiving weapon once he develops. The Packers end their Day 2 with a small but smart inside linebacker in Okereke. 

Edoga is a raw pass blocker who can develop behind the team's starters and potentially take over in Year 2. Snell is a big back who's a good value in Round 5, and he could give the team a boost in short-yardage sets. Harris and Denis are wild cards for the secondary, with Denis showing well as a safety but potentially being a better fit at corner in the NFL. Humphrey is another big weapon for the passing game who can push the team's trio of sophomores at the position. 

Don't mind the trades but I absolutely hate this mock  It's one thing to spend a high pick on an elite athletic guard (like Nelson), it's another to spend one a converted tackle who's a below average athlete when compared to his peers.  

With the trades and the way this guy had the draft fall we could have ended up with the below with our first 4 rounds of picks.....

• Noah Fant (TE)- Future stud TE
  • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S)- versatile starting caliber DB
  • Miles Boykin (WR)- Monster who's shown success in the slot.  
  • Jachai Polite (OLB)- had first round potential coming into the draft
  • Max Sharpling (OL)- Ascending lineman prospect who's got LT potential
  • Jamel Dean (CB)- some medical reflags but he's got size and speed.  Fastest CB in this year's draft.  Meets GB's threshold numbers for CB.

One of the worst, least realistic mocks I’ve seen for Green Bay, and loaded with players who are probably not even on their boards. I hate to harp on this over and over, but I know for sure that Ford and Snell would be big exceptions for how GB has drafted in the past. And I’m not sure about Zach Allen. I like him as a mid round guy, but I would bet the Packers do not. Green Bay drafts athletes. Half of these are not athletes. 

57 minutes ago, SSG said:
1 12 to Carolina  
1  16  G Cody Ford, Oklahoma  from CAR* 
1  30  WR Marquise Brown, Oklahoma  from NO 
2  44  DE Zach Allen, Boston College   
2  61  TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M  from KC* 
3 75 to Kansas City  
3  100  ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford  from CAR* 
4 114 to Kansas City  
4  118  OT Chuma Edoga, USC  from WAS 
5  150  RB Benny Snell, Kentucky   
6  185  CB Tim Harris, Virginia   
6  194  S/CB Lukas Denis, Boston College  from SEA 
7  226  WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Texas   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-2019-254-picks-34-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

Don't mind the trades but I absolutely hate this mock  It's one thing to spend a high pick on an elite athletic guard (like Nelson), it's another to spend one a converted tackle who's a below average athlete when compared to his peers.  

With the trades and the way this guy had the draft fall we could have ended up with the below with our first 4 rounds of picks.....

• Noah Fant (TE)- Future stud TE
  • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S)- versatile starting caliber DB
  • Miles Boykin (WR)- Monster who's shown success in the slot.  
  • Jachai Polite (OLB)- had first round potential coming into the draft
  • Max Sharpling (OL)- Ascending lineman prospect who's got LT potential
  • Jamel Dean (CB)- some medical reflags but he's got size and speed.  Fastest CB in this year's draft.  Meets GB's threshold numbers for CB.

Disgusting

I mean, they're not going to take Ford.  No team that places a premium on athleticism from their OL will.

Coach Flower does want to run Zone, still.

Remember, national mocks use the smaller market teams as a "this player is gone by this point" unless something is really obvious.

These guys doing mocks really don't understand the Packers.  Think Casserly had us taking Ford at #12.  Only OT we may consider is Dillard.  If Hock is on the board he'll be the pick.  Only caveat is one of the top dogs falls.  ie, Allen, Bosa, Oliver, Williams.  If the Pack trades down it will be for Wilkins, Tillery, Ferrell, Burns, Sweat (not a fan).  None of those guys will fall except perhaps Oliver.  Then we have a decision on our hands.  Only guy I would trade up for is Allen.  He's my favorite player in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Only OT we may consider is Dillard.

I think Jawaan is on the table at 12 (we don't have times but I'm pretty confident he would hit the athletic profile) and I think Risner would be someone you'd consider at 30 or 44, though I'm really not a fan of the age (he's older than Kenny Clark!)

15 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Getting no safety till the 6 round is absolutely disgusting lol 

Just goes to show how little they understand the Packers.  These mocks are all a joke.  Usually though they will hit on 8-9 out of the top 10 guys but usually get the order wrong.  Used to do mocks every year and realized how fruitless it all is.  What I can say is whoever the Packers are going to pick they probably aren't on anyone's radar.  Don't think anyone predicted Alexander last year.  Like no one was talking about him.  2017 they passed on Watt for King.  No one was picking King either.  Of all my mocks maybe I'd get one player right but usually in the wrong draft slot.  Using this as a guide they will probably take Bradbury in the first .  We will all be huh?  He's the only guy no one has been talking about.  I am being sarcastic but I'll get a good chuckle if it comes to pass.

I'll keep looking see who else no one is talking about.  Greg Little?  Bush?  Abraham? 

For the record I have them taking Hockerson at #12 and I am pretty sure given past history I'll be wrong.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Cody Ford is a HUGE reach at 16. Clearly this writer overvalues OL. He's got McGary going to San Diego(they will always be the San Diego Chargers) at 28... 

writing an entire mock draft is super hard. a LOT of teams could easily need a T. 

Archived