Carson Wentz... or this haul?

mistakey

Carson Wentz... or this haul?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Carson Wentz
    • This haul

its obviously not over (HOU 1st round pick and PHI 2nd round pick in play) but we can start to determine whether or not it was worth it for Cleveland.  I say obviously yes.  Just wondering what NFLG thinks.

Starters gained:
Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Deshone Kizer
Derrick Kindred
Jabrill Peppers

Too early to tell just yet.  I honestly think given where both teams are/were at the time of the trade it was a win/win.  Obviously, the Browns could still use a franchise QB, but they needed to build a team as well.  I'm a big proponent of drafting a rookie QB into a more favorable situation versus drafting a QB with nothing else and then trying to build your team around him.

As others have said I believe its too early to tell. I think a lot of this is dependent on Carson himself, he's literally going into his second year in the NFL and that is way too early to tell if he was worth the trade/top selection yet. If he turns into the next Aaron Rodgers you'll have a hard time convincing me that any "Haul" you put up against it is worth more than that.

I'm a big fan of building the team first before getting the QB.

Having the QB in a bad position could ruin a promising player (David Carr, Tim Couch or even Steve Young).

Now, that's a limited analysis of the players, but it's a generalized statement. Take it for what its worth.

It's too early to tell. While it's nice to be able to say you got 5 starters out of the deal so far, week 1 starters who are rookies and second year players doesn't guarantee anything. If those 5 players are starting and succeeding 2 years from now, that's great then. But they could just as easily be on their way out of the league. Being a starter doesn't inherently have value, especially on a bad team.

45 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It's too early to tell. While it's nice to be able to say you got 5 starters out of the deal so far, week 1 starters who are rookies and second year players doesn't guarantee anything. If those 5 players are starting and succeeding 2 years from now, that's great then. But they could just as easily be on their way out of the league. Being a starter doesn't inherently have value, especially on a bad team.

carson wentz is a week 1 starter second year player...

It's way too early to tell - nobody knows how Kizer, Coleman or Peppers are going to perform and Corey Coleman just looks average right now. Obviously, if Wentz turns into the quarterback a lot of people think he will this turns into a no brainer but for right now why don't we give these guys a few years to show their worth before we decide who "won"?

Wentz. I think he will be a top 10 QB most of his career.

Corey Coleman is alright, but I'm not a fan of spending first rounders on receivers. Kizer and Peppers could be good, but I don't think either will turn out, Jim. The aqcuisition of 2018 1st and 2nd are good. The rest are JAGs.

so to (over)simplify, it's essentially Coleman/1st and 2nd with a long shot in Kiner's and Peppers VS Wentz. I'll definitely take Wentz.

Archived