Carson Wentz... or this haul?

mistakey

Carson Wentz... or this haul?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Carson Wentz
    • This haul

Honestly, I don't think the Browns are "on the rise". They're still one of, if not, the worst team in the league and haven't really shown that much improvement. They can stockpile as many draft picks they want, but if they continue to settle for garbage like Kizer they aren't getting out of the cellar. Hopefully they dip into their inventory of draft picks and get Darnold, otherwise Browns fans should revolt.

21 hours ago, everlong said:

Honestly, I don't think the Browns are "on the rise". They're still one of, if not, the worst team in the league and haven't really shown that much improvement. They can stockpile as many draft picks they want, but if they continue to settle for garbage like Kizer they aren't getting out of the cellar. Hopefully they dip into their inventory of draft picks and get Darnold, otherwise Browns fans should revolt.

They aren't built to win now though, even ownership has acknowledged that their expectations are for '18 and '19.

They are the youngest team in the by almost a full year. Young teams, especially ones led by a 21 year old qb don't win in the NFL.

Fans being impatient and irrational isn't going to speed up the process either.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They aren't built to win now though, even ownership has acknowledged that their expectations are for '18 and '19.

They are the youngest team in the by almost a full year. Young teams, especially ones led by a 21 year old qb don't win in the NFL.

Fans being impatient and irrational isn't going to speed up the process either.

Oh word?

On 9/30/2017 at 9:25 AM, mm6492 said:

This post makes no sense. Eagles are giving Cleveland the #1 pick in 2018? 

Seriously xD

What the Browns do with their own pick (which presumably will be the 1st or 2nd pick at worst) has absolutely nothing with this debate or the trade for that matter. 

As of right now, Philly won the trade. Anyone saying Cleveland is literally basing it off solely projections of rookies like Kizer and Peppers and a pick next year.

Wentz has 18 games of tape. He had a rough patch when Lane Johnson went down and our OL went to crap, but in the other 9 games with Lane he has looked phenomenal a lot. He isn't a QB you can just box score scout. Need to watch him play to see what makes people think he's got greatness in him. So I'll take the QB that looks like he is going to be , at worst, average and most likely very good to great. 

Only young QBs I'd take over him are Luck,Carr (though I'm not sure his career turns out this way if he starts as a rookie in our crap offense then), And Mariota.  Winston is close but I prefer Carson slightly.  

4 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Seriously xD

What the Browns do with their own pick (which presumably will be the 1st or 2nd pick at worst) has absolutely nothing with this debate or the trade for that matter. 

As of right now, Philly won the trade. Anyone saying Cleveland is literally basing it off solely projections of rookies like Kizer and Peppers and a pick next year.

Wentz has 18 games of tape. He had a rough patch when Lane Johnson went down and our OL went to crap, but in the other 9 games with Lane he has looked phenomenal a lot. He isn't a QB you can just box score scout. Need to watch him play to see what makes people think he's got greatness in him. So I'll take the QB that looks like he is going to be , at worst, average and most likely very good to great. 

Only young QBs I'd take over him are Luck,Carr (though I'm not sure his career turns out this way if he starts as a rookie in our crap offense then), And Mariota.  Winston is close but I prefer Carson slightly.  

Folks can judge the trade however they like right now, but the fact remains that all of the variables of the trade haven't been settled yet.

As I said previously, MAYBE in 2-3 years we'll be able to settle this debate.

Obviously you like Wentz, but plenty of young QB's have fizzled after a decent start, we'll have to see what happens with him.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Remember that time after trading down instead of taking Carson Wentz, the Browns traded down instead of taking Deshaun Watson? Good times. 

Yeah, cause I'm sure Wentz and Watson would be doing great on the Browns when they have no receivers (their only decent one in Coleman is out), no consistent running game, a practically non-existent pass rush and a bad secondary.

Wentz played with maybe the worst WR group in the league and with a crap OL (for 10 games) in 2016. And he still hasn't had any sort of "run game" to speak of yet. 

Not sure on exact stat, but Wentz faced 2nd or 3rd and long (7+yards) more than almost any QB in the league last year. Why? No team has any semblance of respect for our run game. 

Maybe they will with Blount now. But I doubt it..because of who our coach is

And secondary?? Lol. What does the secondary have to do with their same teams QB? Unless you mean having a great defense helps any QB which yes it can. But you realize our cornerbacks in 2016 were, like our WRs, arguably the worst in the NFL.  So try again bro

16 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Wentz played with maybe the worst WR group in the league and with a crap OL (for 10 games) in 2016. And he still hasn't had any sort of "run game" to speak of yet. 

Not sure on exact stat, but Wentz faced 2nd or 3rd and long (7+yards) more than almost any QB in the league last year. Why? No team has any semblance of respect for our run game. 

Maybe they will with Blount now. But I doubt it..because of who our coach is

And secondary?? Lol. What does the secondary have to do with their same teams QB? Unless you mean having a great defense helps any QB which yes it can. But you realize our cornerbacks in 2016 were, like our WRs, arguably the worst in the NFL.  So try again bro

So you're saying the Eagles are as bad as the Browns minus the QB?

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you're saying the Eagles are as bad as the Browns minus the QB?

Last year? Our offensive skill players were as bad as any. And so we're our cornerbacks.

Are you so dense that you are trying to create strawmen by equating those two things to an entire team and how good or bad that team is or was??

Jesus

You Browns fans are like the Sixers fans , but only your tank job hasn't gotten you any franchise players.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Last year? Our offensive skill players were as bad as any. And so we're our cornerbacks.

Are you so dense that you are trying to create strawmen by equating those two things to an entire team and how good or bad that team is or was??

Jesus

You Browns fans are like the Sixers fans , but only your tank job hasn't gotten you any franchise players.

You replied to someone who said that the Browns wouldn't be good with Wentz or Watson and you proceeded to explain how terrible the Eagles were so I assumed since you took that leap out of nowhere that it was your point that the Eagles were as bad as the Browns. Otherwise your post makes no sense, you weren't disputing that the Browns sucked like he said and starting naming how terrible the Eagles are/were at multiple positions in what I can only assume was to compare the rosters minus the QB.

As for the other garbage you posted, I won't reply because it does no one any good.

I still believe you can only rebuild a franchise by finishing with high draft picks for a couple of years. We are well on our way to accomplishing that. However, trading out of those picks does not get you game changers, which every team needs to become a winner. Starters, without game changers, just does not cut it.

Now, if say Rosen ends up as the #1 QB prospect, hopefully, we will grab him and at last have a true franchise QB and then use our other high picks to bring in some skilled offensive weapons, our offense could take a quantum leap forward next season. Right now, it is hard to say how good our defense is, Garrett is hurt and they are on the field for most of the game, due to our ineptitude on offense, so it is very difficult to play solid defense.

I will repeat for the 100th time, Kizer, at his best, is a career backup QB and is never going to be anything else. If by chance, we fail to get a franchise QB in the 2018 draft, this team will remain a bottom feeder for probably the next decade.

By any standard, IMO, we completely lost out in the Wentz trade. We are the only franchise I have seen pass on a potential franchise QB, since Miami passed on Matt Ryan and I think they would take that decision back in a minute, if they could.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You replied to someone who said that the Browns wouldn't be good with Wentz or Watson and you proceeded to explain how terrible the Eagles were so I assumed since you took that leap out of nowhere that it was your point that the Eagles were as bad as the Browns. Otherwise your post makes no sense, you weren't disputing that the Browns sucked like he said and starting naming how terrible the Eagles are/were at multiple positions in what I can only assume was to compare the rosters minus the QB.

As for the other garbage you posted, I won't reply because it does no one any good.

Dude seriously? First of all, they said that Wentz or Watson likely wouldn't look as good on the Browns as they have on their own Teams. Reread what you just said and notice how those two things are entirely different.

No, we are not as bad as the Browns. Nor were we in 2016. But I'm SAYING THAT HIS EXCUSE AS THE SKILL PLAYERS AND SECONDARY BEING BAD DOES NO GOOD because Wentz was surrounded by maybe the worst surrounding cast on offense in football (arguably) and our number 1 cornerback was Jalen Mills. Who was also rated as , IIRC, THE worst starting corner in 2016 by OFF.

Oh and using hyperbole by saying things like me saying how the Eagles "are so terrible" is laughable since I only said that our WRs were crap last year, we didn't have any good corners or a run game. As if that means an entire 53 man team is terrible. lol 

thanks goodbye 

Archived