2017 FF Soccer Draft: Discussion

amac

26 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I had to check what the parameters of the draft were again

I was surprised Dybala went #3

I think it's important we don't just make this a contest of achievements. We have to take into account current form and they also have to work in your formation. 

7 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

His performances in 2016 and before aren't going to affect my opinion. 

Never implied they should.  I said he is currently the #1 player and has been for several seasons now so to get him at 5 is crazy.  All we have to go off is this past season which he will likely win the Ballon d'Or for, unless you're rating off of the preseason and a handful of games in the new season.  The team that had 3 of the top 4 players (per this draft) couldn't win either major trophy last year.

41 minutes ago, PAW said:

Never implied they should.  I said he is currently the #1 player and has been for several seasons now so to get him at 5 is crazy.  All we have to go off is this past season which he will likely win the Ballon d'Or for, unless you're rating off of the preseason and a handful of games in the new season.  The team that had 3 of the top 4 players (per this draft) couldn't win either major trophy last year.

Absolutely not. But I think it's important to remember.